Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 16:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/171/145
BF:
Progress: 46%
Smile Anyone North Central Ohioans atkinson it?

Looking for support groups on Atkins in the North central Ohio area. Low carb is the way to go. GERD has pretty much vanished unless I cheat and my Asthma is better. Thanks Dr. Atkins! Lost 20 so far with another 25-30 to goal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 20:55
Registered Member

Stats: 200/181/140 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

where in ohio? i live roundabouts the cleveland area :0)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 17:36

BF:
Smile Northcentral ohio area

[FONT=Verdana]hi there....it's been a long time since I've logged on here. Maybe this is my wakeup call. I am in the Mansfield area. I have only maintained my weight for around the last 6 months. On and off again with Atkins. Just can't seem to get straight with it again. Need some motivation. Need to lose another 25 pounds! Get me motivated again!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 10:14
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 282/259/190 Female 5'10 sz.22-24/18/12
BF:
Progress: 25%

would love to be your support system--I could use the support myself. Denise
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 05:55

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

Dayton here...just moved from just east of Columbus...Starting (again...sigh) on Monday....SUPPORT NEEDED!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 10:08

There's got to be more than this from the Central Ohio area! Where is everybody???
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 10:17

Stats: 218/212/140 Female 5`5
BF:
Progress:

I am also from OH...Kenton...started Atkins 1 wk today and have lost 12 lbs. so far. Can say this has been one diet that I do feel comfortable about doing and I do feel better. Used to find myself taking naps everyday and haven't after 1st couple days. I am amased too at the number of people catching on to atkins.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 08:19

Wow whisper71! One week and 12 pounds! That's fantastic! Keep up the great work!!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 15:10

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

I'm in Dayton! Also... there's a cadder in Dayton... Mel (mhill31) - we need to do some stuff!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 00:36

Plan: adkins
Stats: 157/156/127 Female 163 in.
BF:
Progress:

Canton here.

I won't mention my success yet because I'm having a little difficulty in that area! Apperently I am counting my carbs all wrong! Go figure! This whole net carbs vs. total carbs is very distressing!

Good luck tho'... it sounds like you guys are doing GREAT!!

babba*loo
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 17:23

BF:
Thumbs up North Central Ohioans!!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]
Ok....I'm back! I've been back for 4 days now. I didn't want to reply because I just couldn't get back to it but I've got it in my head to JUST DO IT!! I don't intend to weigh myself or check measurements for at least 2 whole weeks. I don't want to be disappointed. So far this week, things are going well though. I think I am on a roll once again!

Great going Whisper71!! Thanks to all you Ohio people for responding! It's great to know so many are on Atkins now and how it works so wonderfully!! I will try to log on more often and hopefully tell you all of great results! I don't have any pictures yet but hope to one day. If anyone has before and after, show them! It's great motivation! Go Ohio!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 08:08

Stats: 218/212/140 Female 5`5
BF:
Progress:

Well, into week 3 I believe (kinda lost track, lol), and 20lbs. gone. not dropping as fast as I did that 1st week, but hey, it's going so that's worth something. Figure bodies gotten used to change and taking it's own course now as to how much I lose at a time. I feel better than ever and that's a big plus also. Temptations are everywhere, And I've withstood those
I've put those temptations to the test too. My biggest thing was mashed potatoes and I made those for kiddies last night and did it.
We all need the encouragement and I'm telling you all, you can do it. For some of us, the lbs. just don't go quick enough at some point in the diet, but think too, losing it quickly isn't healthy either. I myself seem to be at a standstill of 198, BUT, I still feel better and I am in different jeans that I couldn't wear for long time now. LOL, so for my motivation I've got different size jeans in closet of various sizes. BIG stack of em...I'm in those 2 jeans now and probably about an in. to go or so for next size. I kinda like the challenge. No I may not get to my desired weight before spring, but hey, I don't look like I'm 6 mths. pregnant anymore...just 4, lol. So next goal for me is the 190 mark. Small goals work for me. Key is finding what works for you getting to where you want to be and challenging yourself. Not to mention someone who stands behind you. I'll be there if need me.
Have a good one all....Happy trails on Atkins...