Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 04:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 256/256/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Induction phase and side affects

Hello everyone,

I'm on my 4th day of induction, and am still having tummy troubles. I didn't have decaf coffee this morning, cause I just don't like the taste, but would like a cup of REAL coffee!!! My headaches are still there, which are very frustrating. I sleep more, and still have no energy. Although I made myself do 30 mins. of exercise this morning. I am thinking of going back to caffine, I use to drink med to strong coffee, but alot of sodas and chocolate, and sugar and carbs. I don't really want to go back to carbs but I am craving a cereal called Post Frosted Shredded Wheats. I had read that another person just cut back on carbs and still lost weight. I could give up white bread and possibly sugar, caffine not too sure about. My problem has always been sugar though. I haven't had any for 4 days though, that in itself it a feat!!!! I never thought I could do.
But to get back to my tummy troubles. I went to the atkins web site. Where you can purchase their plan and nutritionalists work with you and plan your meals and give you advice and things, but when I was filling out the application at the beginning, there was a question asking if I had irritable bowel syndrome,croan's, or gastric problems. I do have IBS because of the way I was eating, but they would not accept my application. Saying I needed to talk with my doctor about the diet. So that's where I'm at right now. Not sure if I should stop, and just not eat the white flour products and sugar.
What does everyone think? Thanks for reading my long letter, and for writing back with info and inspiration. Lilly.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 06:20

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

If you really can't live without caffine then drink real coffee again but stay on plan. I suggest you cut down on caffine by limiting the diet coke etc. Don't you have caffine free diet coke in the US?

Congratulations on giving up sugar - this is the greatest evil.

I think if you eat enough veggies and thus enough fiber you'll be OK - but do consult you rdoctor if you feel you need to.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 06:28

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Coffee never bothered me. You do need to resesarch plans first, then decide what you want to go with, and decide for yourself to stick it out. Good Luck, we all know you CAN DO IT
Renee