Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#766   ^
Old Wed, Dec-24-03, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/231/150 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

hey y'all

Merry Christmas!

trying to muster up some Christmas spirit here on my end, without much success. Work laid us off for 2 weeks over the holidays, without pay of course. Tried to make it out to be a big wonderful gift to us. And then, instead of giving us a full week of work the last week as they promised and promised, they dicked us around with 1 full day, 2 half days, and then a whole lotta nothing....not good for the pocket book I'll tell you. Anyway, so it's left me a little less than cheery.

Oh boy do I still have lots to do, could we put Christmas off for 2 more days?? I'm sewing dress coats for the girls out of some really pretty red wool fabric, and they aren't finished. I'm about to start some backing for some gifts, and still painting ornaments that I'm giving as gifts.

Well, I'm pooped just thinking about it, so I'd better hop to. I'm also hosting Christmas dinner for the inlaws this year, so, gotta go stick my hands up a big bird's butt!

Happy Holidays everyone!! hugs and low carb cookies to y'all!!!

Charlie
Sponsored Links
  #767   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 12:00

Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile

Oh no Charlie...thats awful. Well you sound like you are in pretty decent spirits considering. Geeze, thats not a very nice company. Is it a small one or something? Well Im real sorry to hear they did that to you. HOw did everyones Christmas turn out? Mine was pretty good. I was ready for it to be done and over with, which I have never felt like before. It was weird, but it all ended up fine. There just always seems to be added stresses, as Im sure you all know, financial, family conflicts, etc. etc. and so you never know if its really all worth it. But, like I said it turned out okay and now I have a heck of a lot of cleaning to do. Im also trying to mentally prepare for starting Atkins. Im also debating starting 1 week before I go back to school or just waiting until then to do it. The sooner the better, but I also feel like its hard when your routine is not there. Well, take care and Merry Christmas to everyone, hope it was a great one. Jessi
  #768   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 07:32

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%
Thumbs up

hi ya'll just saw this post and thought id drop by and say hi!! can i be a buddy too??
  #769   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 11:59

BF:

HI there. Yes you can, but I have to warn you...our thread has died down a lot. Last summer we would write all the time, but not so much anymore. ANd then I fell off the lc wagon and just kept in touch because I like these gals so much. Planning to go back on next week. Hey, you have lost 50 pounds since November? wow! YOu seem to be doing great!
  #770   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 20:11

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Everyone....and WELCOME pammiejoe.....sure glad to have you around.
Times have been busy for us all but here's to hopin everyone will be back in full swing.
Sorry guys I have been a little too silent .....just said our good byes to Randy this morning. We spent the holiday together before driving him to his unit spent the night there and saw him off this morning. They had at least a hundred cars following them out of town.
It is so hard to let go...even harder than the last time.

With all this I have fallen off the plan after 6 months. But I didn't care, Randy was more important and so I made it a christmas as usual and we had dinners and cookies and all the other good things TOGETHER.
Tomorrow is a new day, a new week and month to get back to it, Randy won't be back for 18 months.
It will be a busy one for him, but many things he will miss.
His brothers graduation, a friends and his brothers wedding and who knows what more.
And we will miss him......He said 'He will be back".

Catch u all tomorrow.
Bu
  #771   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 20:22

BF:

Hey bu,
Good to hear from you. I could sense by reading your message that you are definately going through some things. THis must be very hard. You have been so strong and so good on your plan. YOu will get right back on and be just fine. In the grand scheme of things, the last thing you needed to worry about over Christmas was carbs. I know you enjoyed your Christmas with your boys and family and will get right back on track. You are that dedicated! I bet this might just kick start you back up again too! Write if you need to talk. I will be on computer quite a bit. Jessi
  #772   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 21:25

BF:

Hey Jess,
Thank you so much for the support and encouragement.
I can sure use it. This all has gotten me in such a depressive mode, it was hard to get anything done at the gym yesterday and today. I just don't feel the mind body connection I had before. Not yet anyway, but am not giving up.
This weekend has cost me a gain of 4 pds as of today, and although Tom is here I can tell it is at least part fat.
Randy called tonight and I was very happy about that. They are working long hrs and are hearing a much sooner date than anticpated, somewhere mid to end of January.
It scares me as they are not being told what type of training they might receive in this short of time.
But he sounded good and was waiting for pizza. After a hard days work he and homey were wanting to kick back and relax.
This is also a busy time for bookkeepers so I am hoping that I can get it all done in equal shares .
Hope u have a good start in the new year and
.........HERE IS WISHING YOU BABY NEWS .......for a great 2004.

Luv
Bu
  #773   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 02:42

BF:

Hey there. Well 4 pounds isn't bad at all. And like I said, it will probably kick start you back up again. The only caution I would say is in the past I have started off so good and gone full force and lost 30 pounds, then something in my life would knock me off and I never could get back on track. That has happend to me more than once. Im sure that won't happen to you because you have worked way toooo hard for that. But, just something to think about. Im glad you get to talk to Randy-Im sure that helps you sleep a little better. You hang in there. God will take care of him. Cast your worries on Him. You take care and write soon! Where is everyone else I wonder? Jessi
  #774   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 01:05
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 282/259/190 Female 5'10 sz.22-24/18/12
BF:
Progress: 25%

Would love to join your buddy group--I'm new to the forum, but have been toying with LC for over a year. Need some support to stick to it this time. Have been working out for several months, and I'm definitely more toned, but it is well past time to get rid of all this extra weight.
  #775   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 13:32

BF:
Talking

Cool! Welcome to our Buddy Club. We have lost a few people, but who knows, they may come back. I feel off of low carb months ago in hopes of starting a family right away, but now Im needing to get some strictness back in my diet. Bubu has been on strict for a long time and doing great and so has Clybella. They check in frequently. Also Charlie does too. So thats us for right now. Im 29 and married. I am a teacher. Im getting read to go back to school Monday. I like to do things around my house and keep going to school for my Masters. I hate to exercise! Tell us about yourself! Jessi
  #776   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:10

BF:

Hey there d_gabbard ,
Welcome, nice to see a new 'face'.
Yes, this thread has gone down quite a bit..but hey its January and I bet we will have a full house again before long.
I agree ..do tell us about yourself. I see you have done quite well on your weight loss WAY TO GO. This place really is full of info and support. And we just like sharing what works for us and hopefully u can as well.
I see u like to work out...well you have found the right one here...I do as well.
The last 2 weeks have thrown me off, for the first in 7 months, but I am back on full force.

So stick around and keep on writing ......glad to have you aboard.

Jess...thanks for the encouragement.......I am glad I am back on and am not looking back. It will be tuff for just a little while. The workouts have already suffered because of my 2 weeks but the muscles have memory and will recover faster than when they had to build .
Am not worried...just looking ahead.

Here's to a NEW YEAR.....with all the hopes not shattered.

laters bu
  #777   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 09:51
Registered Member

Stats: 245/231/150 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I hate being sick...Bronchitis, how absolutely stupid is that?? Can't go more than 2 minutes without not being able to breathe, and I hate it!! grrrrr

Anyway, Christmas is done and I survived. Starting fresh, yet again, on Monday, as soon as I've got all the nasties out of the house. Back to work Monday, change of shift to afternoons rather than evenings..so I'll be leaving the babe at a sitters...boohooo But on the bright side, I'll be home in the evening with the family, and...I will be starting correspondance courses to become an interior decorator! I'm psyched...scared, but psyched

Welcome to the new names!! Enjoy your stay!!

well, got to get going...groceries to do, house to clean yada yada yada......
  #778   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 13:28

BF:

Im starting Induction Monday too Charlie.....we can provide support for eachother! Lets try to get our club active again if we can and have time...Jessi
  #779   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 15:49

BF:

ALRIGHT you guys....way to get back to it.
Am really excited to see you guys back on.
Hope you're feeling better soon and best of
luck to you all. I know the fist days are the hardest.
Am pretty tired today, got up at 5 and to work at 7.
Got alot done there and am poohed now. So I will take my remaining 'day off' and slack it.
Besides feeling tired I get the snackies....and don't need that at all.
Hubby is back on induction too as well as daughter (her and I were the christmas cheaters), so only have youngest son at home and suffering hehe.

Well talks to u laters gators.
Bu
  #780   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:42

BF:

Hi bubu, I didn't know you posted back. It didn't send me an e mail. Sorry for the long delay. I will have been on induction for 2 weeks tomorrow. ALthough, I don't really consider it induction for me because I pretty much stay that same way throughout. I have done okay. Not really weighing this time. This week I plan to incorporate more exercise. My goal is to get on tread mill 3 times at min. Yesterday we took a hike and it was nice and good exercise. So, hopefully Im losing. I feel pretty good, I want to weigh, but I get obsessed and then it knocks me off. I wonder how Tris is doing? Haven't heard from her. Well you take care, Jessi