Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:50

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default ordering book..can you help in the meantime?

Hi guys,
I am a former Atkins-er. Lost 6 lbs in the first 2 weeks and then nothing for 3 months! Quite frustrating. While hubby kept losing. He's a toothpick now. We slowly slid back in to carb eating through the month of december. First it was a little ice cream. Then it was a bite of this or that. And suddenely you're eating pasta or pizza. Now that all the parties are over, i'm 5 lbs heavier and ready to get back on the wagon..well, some wagon. I really like eating atkins..it's so easy. I love my coffee w/cream after a meal. And since i have starch intolerances I feel a million times better knowing i'm just not allowed to touch that cookie or rice. But I haven't lost a lb in months and months. So I was told that a lot of former atkinsers switch to CAD. I ordered the book, but it won't get here for several days. I was wondering if you guys can either point me to a good site or tell me what the rules are for this. Do you still get to eat sausage and eggs w/cheese in the morning. Or do you go back to egg whites w/ salad? I'm so tired of trying diet after diet and coming out just as fat at the end. I really thought atkins would be the answer. Oh well, moving on. The only thing I had success with was Body For Life. But that is sooo much work and a comitement I don't know if I can make again. But I did look pretty good after 3 months of eating 5 small meals a day and working out 6x a week.
Ok, so what are the rules ?
Thanks! And hope you're all having a happy new year.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 15:29

Plan: Low Carb, Good Carb
Stats: 206/164/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...te-addicts.html

http://www.weightloss.ms/caddiet.php

have your read these?

I'm sure people who are on CAD will come and help you soon.

Last edited by med234 : Sat, Jan-03-04 at 15:32.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 10:00
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I bumped the cheat sheat thread up. It has everything you need, along with the thread on stallers, to get you started. Good luck!!