Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year .

I'm on my 8th cheat free day, this is also my 8th day of induction as well. I'm pretty surprised that I have been able to resist the Christmas candy laying around, so far, I just feel wrong telling my son to hurry up and eat all his candy.

One day at a time,
Mims
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

So I've read your posts and I went to get a no cheat signature and 20 minutes later, I finally achieved the desired outcome.
Are you will to let a somewhat slow to learn, but determine girl join your group. I found the wagon 8 days ago after a long bumpy ride behind it. I've dusted myself off and would greatly appreciate the challenge of 100 cheat free days.
So please count me in.
Jo-Ann 2
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:57

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 255/233/150 Female 5ft 6.5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi all!! Just checking in.....this was my 2nd full day back on plan and I am VERY happy to be back....I had forgotten how good it felt to know that I was doing something better for ME!!

Hope everyone had a good New Year!
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/230/150 Female 67
BF:don't want 2 know
Progress: 30%

Great job to everyone so far... I would like to join if that's okay. I started back up on the 1st. I tell ya, my cravings have been unbelievable.. I got used to snacking just like my dh. Now, I have to stop myself.
Okay... my guidlines....
1. No breads, pasta, rice, etc.
2. Only consume 20 no more than 25 carbs a day for first 2 weeks.
3. Start exercising 5 days a week and walking 6 days a week again.
4. Drink lots and lots and lots of water.
5. Only 1 diet soda a day..(sorry can't go without yet)

That's about it. I've done good so far.
Good luck all. Here's to the next 98 days.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 19:18

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey all..well it Jan 2, and as I said I start this challenge truly today. I also started induction too. So this is ay 1!

Good luck everyone! Here's to getting to goal!!!
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:12

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi Everybody and WELCOME to all new members who have joined the club! I love reading all of your posts! It sure is motivating! I'm doing really great so far. When I read the coffee posts I have to admit coffee is the one thing I have never even tried to give up! It doesn't bother my weight loss and for that I am so thankful! I find myself looking forward to getting in here and reading everything you all have written. It really is helping me keep on track. This WOE is the best thing I have ever done for myself!

Like my mom says;
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!"
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:25
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

it's so good to see everyone being so supportive of each other. I love coming in here and reading all the posts. I'm glad I started this challenge. I have day 2 about wrapped up here. My carbs were at 22 today, but my tummy is rolling like it does when I cheat. I don't know what I had for dinner tonight that caused this but I feel miserable.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:42
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Good luck to everyone! Hang in there, days 1-3 are difficult and then most of the cravings will be gone. This is so exciting to try for the 100 days. Thanks for starting this thread Nursey (hope you're not getting sick). I have been doing atkins kiss, today is day 11 for me. My complexion looks so nice. I'm not sure if its from eating so many vegetables or from not eating all the chemicals that are in processed foods.

89 days left!
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:55
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters!
Stats: 326.5/312/150 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hello!

I am hopping onto the bandwagon for the 100 Cheatfree days challenge. I look forward to joining in supporting each other!

I am on day one and looking forward to moving that number up daily.

Hang in there everybody and Happy New Year!!
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 01:34
Contributing Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 36/23.42/10 Female 64  inches
BF:160/151/120
Progress: 48%
Default wow!!

RIGHTON!! hehe

Im seeing alot of cheatfree signs ...you all are doing so great!!

Unfortunately Im ill and thus off the lowcarbing till Im better..but watch out I'll be catching up with you all soon!!

Take it one day at a time...keep rocking this challenge!

Hugs,
Glim
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 07:03

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning all
just checking in.

Everyone is doing great LOL

nawchem is so right, Day 3 is my magic day. cravings gone, and the feeling of normal returns
Some of you whom are totaly new to Lc ing it may take a few more days for your body to ajust to this way of eating. Don't give up if you feel crapy for the first week, it will pass and make sure you drink your WATER. Also I gave up Diet sodas and anything that has sweetener in it. That really stoped all cravings. In years past, I tried atkins, but failed (I never gave up the diet pepsi,) This caused me to crave all the time. Just a thought for anyone still having cravings.

Have a great day
cheryl
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 07:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Good Morning all

Wow, what a dedicated group. I'm impressed that even when one of us is sick, we check into to see how the others are doing. There is definitely some motivation going on here, I'm so glad I found you all.
Drank two cups of coffee this morning and stopped, have made it past the queezies, have gotten a handle on the water (like I had a chioce, I'm connected to my new water dispencer), and am actually thinking about starting an exercise plan. Who is this person you say, well isn't it amazing how much better you feel when you stick to plan. I love the fact that I'm not exhausted all the time, the wieght lose is what keeps bringing me back to LC when I fall off the wagon but the feeling of well being is the reason I want to stay on plan. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.
So I have another day under my belt, which I hope to move in a notch.
I forgot to write my list, so here goes.

The List
1) Eat Veggies, salads and greens are very important.
2) Drink water!!!
3) I'm allowed to have 8 cashews a day (my treat, this is to keep peanut butter out of my diet, it's a real trigger food for me).
4) Don't make anything with chocolate flavour (trigger number two).
5) Enjoy the fact that I don't have heartburn (this is wonderfull for me, I think they call it acid reflux, I call it the volcano from hell)
6) Don't justify the way I eat to anyone, this is definitely better than the way I was eating before.
7) Plan ahead, this is important, for when I don't I have only myself to blame. Being prepared is the key to this WOL for me.
8) Of course, stick to LC eating, cheating is only cheating myself. As Suzzee says, LC is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Take care all.
Jo-Ann 2

Last edited by Jo-Ann 2 : Sat, Jan-03-04 at 07:39.
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Glim, take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon.

Surfnmom, I had the same experience, dropping the artificial sweetners and especially diet coke has helped me walk past a lot of sweets.

Jo-Ann good for you and your plans to start an exercise program!

I need some help with planning. I'm going back to work after 3 weeks off. My job is kind of boring and stressful. Sometimes I have nothing to do for weeks at a time. They also supply us with all our meals and unlimited sodas, chocolate etc, which are to be avoided on Atkins. Any tips for avoiding the work foodtrap and the associated emotional eating?
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 11:57

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%

Good Morning!
Today is the start of my third cheat free day. I'm feeling really really great! I checked for ketosis this morning, and I'm moderate which is the darkest I've ever been. That is the kind of encouragement that helps keep me going. ~CindyLynn~

My List
1) KISS for 2 weeks
2) Unlimited low g.i. veggies
3) Drink my water!
4) No Dairy! (One exception--LC cheesecake on my b-day)
5) No Artificial sweetners
6) Except when ill or if away from home and only way to stay LC is to eat things I normally don't.
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:22
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

Jo-Ann I love your "list" you have some great goals that I think we all need to read!!! I like the one about not justifying anything to anyone but yourself. IT seems I've just started telling people I'm "dieting" and going no further with it. I'm tired of explaining away all the "pitfalls" of the Adkins WOE to people who are to ignorant to read the book or understand how it's really done. I do not eat plates of bacon, cheese etc. In fact cheese is a trigger food for me, and I'm limiting myself to only 3-4oz a day, and then it can olny be shredded on salad and such for flavor, NO HUNKS of cheese for me.

Here is my old explanation- How can this WOE be so bad for me when my old habits were a daily trip to McD's, Burger King, KFC etc for lunch, pizza 1 or 2 times a week, veggies maybe only 1-2 times a week, at least a bag of chips a week or more, etc etc etc????? I was probably eating more fat than I am now and I pretty much keep my fat at 70-75% BUT these are "good" natural fats not french frier grease fats. I eat veggies 2 times a day and pack my lunch everyday. ummmm if this is soooooo bad for me, I'll continue to be bad and LMAO all the way to size 8!!!!!

ps- or maybe I'll be in a size 8 from finally LMAO??? that would be quicker I think.

Last edited by nursey15 : Sat, Jan-03-04 at 12:25.