Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome Teresa, Lise, Connie and Liv. Great wedding picture. How long have you been married? Lise, those were great suggestion for the crackers. I was thinking toasted lc bread crumbs but I really like the cheese suggestion. Great screen name. Michelle, sure hope you feel better. Jessie that is such a cute picture. Is that your adorable baby? You can do so many silly things when you're with children and get away with it.

My first day back on induction has gone really great so far. Hopefully I can keep it up. Ok, I am going to introduce myself to the TDC. This is a big step for me to actually admitt that I have over 100 lbs. to lose. They are just as great as everyone over here. Looking forward to the month with all of you. Blessings, Maureen
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:39
Registered Member

Stats: 240/233/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks Wenzday I've been making little banners in photoshop that would inspire me and hopefully others. That was actually a line in the movie, which really touched me when I heard it. Some sayings, I just make up and tie them to the theme of the banner and losing weight.

Angie, cool, I never thought of that. It's the rice thats bad for the cabbage roll, but I could have the outside. And the perogies are just all bad, lol. I think she might be having fish too. So, If I still attend, that's what I'll ask her to set aside for me

Last edited by Liv2004 : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 16:41.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:45

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Wow, what a large group we have this month! Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more join. Like someone said, the more we have, the more support we have.

I would like to add my 2-cents here for those who may not be familiar with our ongoing group: We all read the posts, but time doesn't always permit us to include a reply to everyone posting. So if your name isn't mentioned, please, please--do not be offended. Between all of us here, no one will be overlooked. Sometimes a particular post may strike a chord. We might feel we need to reply that one. But if we forget your name--and I'm the first one to raise my hand doing that--please keep posting!

I would like to welcome all the new people, like Lise, Connie, Teresa,...see what I mean? I may have inadvertenly left someone out! Welcome EVERYBODY!

A few comments I feel I need to reply to:
For the casserole, it sounds awesome. I love the idea of the parmesan. Another suggestion I have would be to broil a few toasted almonds for a few minutes, then chop by hand or food processor until chunky. Add crumbled bacon on top, and perhaps crumbled blue cheese. The almonds are nearly no-carb, and of course the bacon is. Blue Cheese is just like any other cheese. Maybe that would change the taste of the recipe. But thought I'd mention it.

Jessie, hon you look like one incredible mom by the fun picture you posted. I've read your posts elsewhere and you always are honest and supportive. I find that when I go through changes emotionally or physically in life, it just effects my moods so much. That's why I desperately need this forum. So please make allowances for yourself and know you are going to be such a success this year, because you already are!

Sheila, thanks for posting to my journal. I really needed to know someone else felt like me. Hang in there.

Who had the ice cream machine? Don't forget you can make so many yummy LC ice creams with whip cream, cream cheese, LC/NC protein powders, cocoa, s/f syrups...I envy you!!

Rodmick, was it you that mentioned your hubby going back to work? You guys must be thrilled. I know the money comes in handy doesn't it? ALso what does a guy do all day when he's home on injury? Bugs us! Well at least for me. Nothign worse than a man who wants to work and can't.

For the cabbage rolls I also suggest leaving the rice out. It shouldn't be a big deal. Cabbage rolls sans rice are perfect for LC'ing.

The pumpkin cheesecake I made was horrible. Sorry but I didn't like it. Will make the Vancouver Cheesecake featured on the recipe site for huby's birthday on Sunday. This no-bake kind features an almond-roca type crust on the top that is to die for. I add cocoa to my cheesecake batter.

Sorry to take up so much space. Stay safe and warm girlfriends.
Annie

Last edited by Annie-Pie : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 16:47.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:54

BF:

See? I did it! Welcome, Liv. How can I forget YOU? I LOVE Lord of the Rings. I saw the dvd that showed them making it, and how awesome (and cute) some of those actors are! Whew!

Annie-Pie--wk#1...171..
CindyLynn--wk#1...151
Mossling-- wk#1...278..
Mushyroom--Wk #1...210..
Angie-- wk#1...191.5..
Donna--wk#1...226.5..
Maureen..wk#1..246..
Jessie--wk#1...225..
Marie--wk#1...184..
Tina--wk#1...215..
Sheila--wk#1..182..
Zuleka wk.1...171..
Lise-- wk 1... 203..
Liv2004 --wk 1...232..
Michelle--wk 1...162..
Teresa--wk 1...197..
Nancy--wk#1...202..
Connie--wk#1...140..

BTW someone asked if we should post on Monday. It's up to you all, but just to be consistent, maybe we should post on Monday and make it week 2, ok with everyone?

Watching the snow fall all around our beautiful Douglas Firs, sipping hot coffee with cream,
Annie-Pie
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 18:47

Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Who had the ice cream machine? Don't forget you can make so many yummy LC ice creams with whip cream, cream cheese, LC/NC protein powders, cocoa, s/f syrups...I envy you!!
It wasn't me that posted earlier about ice cream machine but I got one for Xmas as my DH has been missing his ice cream and I mentioned way back when that I wouldn't mind a machine to make my own low carb ice cream... apparently he went right out and bought one LOL many months ago and it was one of my xmas gifts. Haven't tried it yet as I am back to induction for a couple of weeks but will make some soon. I guess it would still be induction friendly but I want to keep the next 2 weeks simple.

This sounds like a great crowd and I look forward to getting to know you all. Some familiar "faces" I've noted already.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 19:14

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%

I've been looking at the list, and since there are so many of us, I thought if it was alphabetized we might be able to be in better order. So, here's the new list if that's ok. ~CindyLynn~

Angie-- wk#1...191.5..
Annie-Pie--wk#1...171..
CindyLynn--wk#1...151
Connie--wk#1...140..
Donna--wk#1...226.5..
Jessie--wk#1...225..
Lise-- wk 1... 203..
Liv2004 --wk 1...232..
Marie--wk#1...184..
Maureen..wk#1..246..
Michelle--wk 1...162..
Mossling-- wk#1...278..
Mushyroom--Wk #1...210..
Nancy--wk#1...202..
Sheila--wk#1..182..
Teresa--wk 1...197..
Tina--wk#1...215..
Zuleka wk.1...171..

Last edited by CindyLynn : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 19:15.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 19:31

BF:

Thanks! I thought about it, but didn't want to appear too "picky".

Your efforts will make it easier for each of us to see if anyone's missing.

Annie
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 19:55

Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

Wow - you guys are phenomenal! How organized and responsive you are! I'm so impressed. This is my first time embarking on challenges, so I'm quite excited to see how this goes. After reading the posts, a nice rice-free cabbage roll sounds good about now, LOL.

Angie, I don't have any "quit smoking" tips, but I support you 110%. Good for you!!! Maureen, thanks for asking about the wedding. We were married on 11/15/2003 in Vegas - we trusted my sister and a friend to plan the whole thing and it was a hoot. I wrote a bit about it in my journal if anyone would like to read more.

Updating on Mondays works out great for me! (But makes me wish I had gone for that walk today that I hoped to do!)

Last edited by TAK : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 19:58.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 20:57

BF:

Liv, a wedding in Vegas, what fun that must have been. Part of our honeymoon was in Vegas.

Angie, I am so proud of you. I quit cold turkey 4 years ago this month. My own personal secret was to not smoke all the cigarettes in the pack. When I had a craving I just smelled them. You know how when a cigarette is old and you smoke it? Well I felt dizzy just smelling it.

Cindy, you're a doll.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings, Maureen
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 22:05

BF:
Default Whoops!

Annie-Pie apologizes for the mistake in wanting WIConnie to lose weight faster than she should.

My correction stands:

Angie-- wk#1...191.5..
Annie-Pie--wk#1...171..
CindyLynn--wk#1...151
Connie--wk#1...222..
Donna--wk#1...226.5..
Jessie--wk#1...225..
Lise-- wk 1... 203..
Liv2004 --wk 1...232..
Marie--wk#1...184..
Maureen..wk#1..246..
Michelle--wk 1...162..
Mossling-- wk#1...278..
Mushyroom--Wk #1...210..
Nancy--wk#1...202..
Sheila--wk#1..182..
Teresa--wk 1...197..
Tina--wk#1...215..
Zuleka wk.1...171..

You're too patient with this blond!
Annie-Pie
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 08:47

BF:

Does anyone know where TerryLynn is? Did she go away for the holidays? I miss her wonderful words of encouragement. Senior moment here! Maureen
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 10:44

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Angie-- wk#1...191.5..
Annie-Pie--wk#1...171..
CindyLynn--wk#1...151
Connie--wk#1...222..
Donna--wk#1...226.5..
Jessie--wk#1...225..
Lise-- wk 1... 203..
Liv2004 --wk 1...232..
Marie--wk#1...184..
Maureen..wk#1..246..
Michelle--wk 1...162..
Mossling-- wk#1...278..
Mushyroom--Wk #1...210..
Nancy--wk#1...202..
Sheila--wk#1..182..
Teresa--wk 1...197..
Tina--wk#1...215..
Zuleka wk.1...171..

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the kind words want2bfit, I still have a long road to travel but it is such a nice journey with helpful friends like all of you. Jessie, I'm glad you and the kids are feeling better and hope you all stay healthy. Check in on Mondays sounds good Annie and thanks for all of your work getting this organized. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Marie
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:54

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I would also like to join. I weighed in on Monday at 129. I've gone up 4 pounds since the beginning of Dec. It would be nice to lose them 4 pounds by the end of Jan.

Adukart-- wk#1...129..
Angie-- wk#1...191.5..
Annie-Pie--wk#1...171..
CindyLynn--wk#1...151
Connie--wk#1...222..
Donna--wk#1...226.5..
Jessie--wk#1...225..
Lise-- wk 1... 203..
Liv2004 --wk 1...232..
Marie--wk#1...184..
Maureen..wk#1..246..
Michelle--wk 1...162..
Mossling-- wk#1...278..
Mushyroom--Wk #1...210..
Nancy--wk#1...202..
Sheila--wk#1..182..
Teresa--wk 1...197..
Tina--wk#1...215..
Zuleka wk.1...171..
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 12:22

BF:

Maureen,

I have wondered the same thing about TerryLynne. I miss her! And where is Heather? They both are so valuable to the group!

Well I need to pick up another surplus run of goods from a large membership warehouse. How tempting when the van is full of scones, snickerdoodles, choc chip gourmet, muffins, rolls. It all goes to the gleaning organization to distribute to the food banks.

I have to keep in the front of my mind how allowing even one bite can lead to more for me. Someone mentioned here how they tend to make allowances in eating the carb-rich stuff when they get compliments. Funny, I never pinpointed it before. But that is what I have been doing. "If I look good and feel good, then I can have this one cookie". That attitude is destructive for me personally, one I really struggle with.

Welcome to adukart--glad you can join us.

Off to do my run.

You are are very, very special. Keep with the program--we can do it!
Annie-Pie
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 13:58

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Me too!!!! If I am looking and feeling really good I eat BAD! so...every other day I eat good...this is a VERY bad habit I have here!!!

HAving TOM troubles though. Cycle gets shorter every month and GEESH 19 days this time and I am just sitting on the salt and sugar cravings. I dont think I can live through this day without being sort of naughty... *sigh* I started day with apple and peanut butter--pretty naughty huh?