Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 00:00

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%
Default A Prodigal Returns

I once was one of you all, but have been gone for several months and sad to say, have regained a lot of my weight. I got bogged down in a stall and decided to try another weight loss approach,got totally our of control, and now here I am.
I am determined to start over , and hope all of you will help keep me going. I came to this thread to start over because you all are so encouraging with your success stories.
January 2nd is induction day for me, and I will be checking in daily here and in my journal, and at fitday as well. Any encouragement would be appreciated. Thanks. Betsy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 02:29

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome!! Glad to see you have come back to what you know works for you!! Good luck with your weightloss, I know you will do fabulous!! I think you will find this forum an invaluable tool

Amber
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 04:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

Don't get bummed about the past, get happy for the future. Welcome back and good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:02

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Welcome back Betsy. Grab my arm and I'll pull you back up on the wagon with us! Glad to have you aboard.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:02
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Welcome back!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:05
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Yay Betsy

No condemnation when the prodigal returns. We have been waiting for you girlfriend.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:07

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

You can do it you know it already!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 08:44

Stats: 277.5/277.5/199 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

One of the nice things about low-carb eating.... it is SO effective, and so EASY (in terms of not having to face HUNGER) that it has given me new confidence. If I slip up and gain some weight, I *know* I can get control again.

Take strength from the fact that you know what to do. Now do it!

Welcome back! You can bet that we will be here for you!

Matthew
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:10

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Welcome back! I can't advise you on how to stay on it, but I'm currently in a plateau, or really a very slow weight loss phase. I've decided to keep on doing what I'm doing since even if I'm losing slowly, I feel a ton better than when I ate carbs and sugar so often.

It's frustrating to make sacrifices for little gain, but by now, I feel that I'm not sacrificing all that much, and the general energy and good health are excellent returns, even with slow weight loss.

You can do it, I promise you that you can.

-Scott
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:11

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

welcome back.
I know about getting bogged down in stalls. if and when you hit another I'll be right here rooting you through it.
Happy low carbing to you.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 11:39

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Have any of you noticed what happened in the Bible when the Prodigal returned? Luke 15:22,23 The father killed a fattened bull and gave the kid a new wardrobe,and they say Low- carbing is NEW? WELCOME HOME.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 12:01
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Welcome back Musicmama -- I'll be humming right along with you ... do you do church music by any chance? --- that's where the hum in my hummelda comes from.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 12:40
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Wecome back Betsy - glad you found the road home.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 23:56

Wow!! I am blown away by all the encouragement! I was moved to tears! I had been feeling like I had let everyone down, a failure in the biggest way, and you all have made me feel so encouraged! Thanks so much for all the kind words!
I am starting induction in the morning,,,got some pork steak thawing right now, my supplemets are ready,gonna measure and weigh myself then too and I have 2 new work out tapes waiting. I recently trimmed my work hours back from 40 to 24 per week,,I will have time to exercise and work on making some radical changes in my life. I have worked full time for years and years, this is gonna be fun. I am determined to make it this time, and will be checking in every day. Looking forward to seeing you all here!!
Hey hummelda, as a matter of fact, I am big into church music! I work in a Christian bookstore, was the music department manager there for 6 years, then stepped down to assistant by choice. I love the industry, and have met a lot of the Christian Artists of today. I have hundreds of cds and tapes at home, and I write the musicals and dramas at my church. So we have something in common besides a common goal!!The customers at the store call me the musicmama, thats where the name comes from.
Well,,,I am excited about starting again, so glad I came back here! Thanks again everyone!!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:28

Okay, end of first day on induction! I got up this morning and weighed, then measured myself, so the depressing part is over. I didnt let it get me down, knew I would not be that weight or size for long!
I got a Leslie Sansone walking dvd, has anyone else here seen them? It looks great, all stuff you do indoors but not something rigorous that will intimidate me. I will start that in the morning, and try to do it three times a week. I never did exercise before, or drink all my water, working on that tonight too. I am so excited to see what happens this time around! Thanks to all of you for the motivation and the encouragement!