Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:05
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Chef's Choice LC frozen meals

I found these wonderful meals at my local super Walmart!! Funny thing is that I ran across them and Brownberry/Atkins LC bread the same day and it was my first week of trying Weight Watchers...I was kicking myself up and down Walmart's ailse. I did buy one of the lower fat LC meals that day just to try it out and it was pretty tasty. They are a bit expensive though..about $3.33 or something like that. I shop at Walmart regulary and will get some of these meals for the days I work out and dont have time to stop and pick up something to eat.

Has anyone else had a chance to try them?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 20:27

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

No I haven't seen them but I do my grocery shopping at the super wal-mart here and I will be on the lookout for them!! I know lots of folks are against 'frankenfoods' but I think they are a nice compromise for when the world doesn't care that we are lcing.... Thanks for posting this!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 21:01
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

Well I dont know why they would be considered frankenfoods...they consist of only meat and veggies. Nothing faux about that. ;-)
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 22:14

Stats: 250/237/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Chef's Choice

I tried these frozen meals a few months ago, also from Super Walmart. There were only two varieties, both fairly good. There seems to be a little too much sauce, so I like to add a few extra vegies. I like to keep a few in the fridge at work-can't always get out for lunch.

I've decided to go back to induction for a while, too. I've maintained my weight for a few months, but haven't lost any. It's time for a kickstart. Good luck to you.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 07:22
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

I think my Walmart had at least 6 different meals to chose from. I mean I guess for a frozen meal I got what I expected. Maybe one day Hungry Man meals will make LC meals so there is ample amt of meat and veggies :-)