Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 19:50

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/244/145 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Talking starting over...

Count me in. I'd love to lose 50 pounds this year!

I am starting over AGAIN. I have been around off and on for a few years now, and nothing to show for it except the same weight I started with. Have not been able to stick with anything long enough to lose more than about 20 pounds.

THIS time, I MUST! I would love to stick with something long enough to lose 50 pounds. I have much more than that to lose, but will make 50 my first goal.

I have decided to begin body for life on Saturday. Will make that the start date for my 50 pound goal, and post stats then.

Good luck to ALL.... Bye, bye fat... and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jeanette
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 20:22
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Okay, I'm in, too! I hope to lose more than 50 (real dream is to break the 100# weight loss in 2004) but hey! 50 is on the way!

It's still 2003 here, and I'm going to indulge in some champers with my DH; but I'm on a clean re-induction starting tomorrow!

Jude
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 22:47
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Wow, it's great reading the posts.
I weigh in on Tuesday nights. So I'll use Tuesday night's weigh in which was 286.5 so I'll use that for the challenge... so My challenge goal is 236.5

It's new years eve here in California almost 9 pm so I still have 3 hours to go until New years.

Happy New years to My London Pal.. I saw pictures on TV of different New Years fire works in different country's. They showed one that said London and tons of fireworks...looked really pretty even on TV

Golflady... we'll have to figure out whits stats to keep on everyone. I think we should stick with the weights and those of us who measure can post them now and then just to let everyone know how we're doing.
I've never done the measuring thing until I joined curves.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE!!!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 22:50
Living LaVita LoCarb

Mossling... what are champers? Never heard of them.

I went out to Denneys with my daughter awhile ago and had a ultimate omlet... I still feel full from that. I had stuff ready to make a meat and cheese tray.. but now I'm full... and I actually brought home part of the omlet. Today is technically my 5th day of low carb (again) and I'm starting to feel full faster... that's so awesome.

Also, Mossling, where is Belmont? I'm in Fairfield, the bay area, 1/2 way between San Fran and Sacramento...closer to Sacto.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 23:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

Golflady59, Is this what you had in mind, or something else? I can make them smaller or changes. I have a image hosting site so whatever we come up with I can provide the URL link.

Mims

Last edited by Mims : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 11:35.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 23:59
Living LaVita LoCarb

That's so cute... I like it... but maybe smaller since so many of us are posting.. Then we get more posts on one page.

I really really like it.

How do you all get those no cheat for so many days in your emails?

Oh.. happy new year.. I've been trying to find someone on line all night.

Cheryl
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 00:03
Living LaVita LoCarb

Oh... I guess we should all vote, but since this was the first one submitted, and it's so cute.. and it's got the scale and our challenge flashing at the bottom...
I guess I just like it.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 04:07
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Good Morning America!!!

I must be the first of our challenge to wake up to 2004, and I feel really glad to be over the line into the New Year! I just weighed in, and it was a big of a shock,I can tell you..But I am about to have my first INDUCTION breakfast -- an omelette with cream cheese and avocado, and a lovely big cup of hot water and lemon!! yum!!!

I couldn't see the new logo-- there was only one of those red blocks with an x over it --

London is always very nice for the New Year, and in Muswell Hill, where I live, I can see over the whole of the city, because this is one of the highest points, and I did see lots of fireworks last night and then lay in bed with my split of Champagne, a copy of January VOGUE (might as well raise my fashion expectations!), and fantasised about being slim and trim for 2005!

Good Morning Challenegers! --

Ruby J.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 08:40

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Ok I re-set my stats

here's my new 2004 stats
weight 179.5
goal 129.5 but that may be to low we shall see LOL not tht I would mind

Ruby J I am also glad to say good by to 2003, It was really a crap year. It feels so great to get a fresh start, and I plan on making the most of this year LOL. It's time for me to re-take control of myself, not only this weight issue, but my career.

Happy New Year everyone
Surfnmom
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 10:03
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

The Challegne think didn't show up so I could see it, but if everyone else thinks its cute, go for it. Off to a good start. We are off and running.

My start 226.0
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

Here's a smaller version, the only thing is that it doesn't come out as clear.

The rolling #'s is a separate image, which can be made smaller.

I thought this might be more of what you all might be looking for.

You can get the URL for the cheat free by left clicking on the picture, going to properties and copying the URL address.

I'm using a new image hosting site, as the other one isn't allowing links at this time. Hopefully this one will do a better job.

If any one has a smaller picture they like better, let me know and I can try to make it into a symbol for us to use.

Mims

Oh my New Year weigh-in is 194 lbs, I reset my stats to reflect my starting weight.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 12:25
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I need to weigh in tomorrow a.m.. I started chugging my water, and had a cup of coffee and then realized I hadn't weighed in yet...rather than guess at the number, I want a "real" reading.

I started the food plan this morning though. I'm doing CAD, with a few "tweaks" here and there. I still don't want to eat refined flour and sugar, even at Reward Meal, and I'm going to re-read my Dr Phil book and incorporate his advice as well.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 12:26
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:

oooh...I like the rabbit!! I vote for it. And not so nuts about the rolling numbers -- it makes me a bit seasick.
Ruby J.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 12:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

DAY ONE!!!!

Day one and I weighed in at 205 pounds....Ummmm, I guess I went a little overboard these past few days....But anyway, this is the first day of the rest of my life. I have no idea what I'm going to eat today. I just feel like being lazy since I'm not due back to work until Sunday...What are you guys up to?...What I'm working on right now is "cleansing". Meaning I've stopped drinking soda (even diet), so all I'm drinking is water, which I have no problem with.....Hmmmm, I love munching on ice, since that is the only way I can tolerate water, but my friend told me I can gain weight like that....Is it true? If so, then why? What's the difference between liquid and iced water?

Last edited by YoungGal : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 12:56.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 13:00
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I don't see how it could be physically possible to gain weight from water... probably one of those urban legends, although it is hard on the teeth if you crunch it, and craving ice CAN be a symptom of certain vitamin deficiencies I've heard.