Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 18:33

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%
Default Impressive

I was out with my husband the other day for lunch at a local restaurant called Ruby's (not Ruby Tuesdays, we are in Los angeles area). I asked for a burger without the bun. The server asked "would you like that in a lettuce wrap style?" I almost fell out of my seat! It was great. My hubby says "I'll have shat she's having". It is nice for a change to not be looked at like I have horns growing out of my forehead when I ask for no bun...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 18:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Yes, it's great when you find that awareness. I actually had a waitress laugh out loud when I ordered a hamburger without the bun. Oh well, we know what works don't we?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 13:20

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I had the double cheeseburger at Ruby's. I asked if it could be wrapped in lettuce instead of the bun. The waitress said " I don't see why not?!" Which was a good answer because she seemed to believe that whatever the patron wants should be fine with them.

I realize though that when I eat a burger this way, grease gets all over my face. Of course I use my napkin but I had been getting nasty zits. I finally put 2 and 2 together.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 13:36

Stats: 169/169/120 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress:

People are pretty aware of lo carb eating. I went to my daugther's school to have lunch with her they had tacos. Although I wasn't back on ATkins yet, I was watching the carbs. I said "just meat and cheese, please." The server grinned and said, "We have a lot of requests for that. Must be the lo carb diet."
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 20:26
Contributing Member

Stats: 195/183/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much
Progress: 16%

One day at Mi Mi's Resturant, the server got my order. No bread, thank you very much, veggies please with butter instead of potatoe. She came back over and asked me, "Are you doing Atkins?" "Yes." I replied.
"I thought so, you and the other 4 tables that are in my section here are all doing Atkins. Is it working for you?"
"YES!"
Now can more resturants get on the Atkin's menu guidelines and help us!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 21:01

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hey, that's great. I never liked Mi Mi's selections. Before I even became a lcer, I thought they needed more protein on their menus. I have been there once, when I first moved out here to CA and haven't been back since.

Blueflyer, what do you usually order there?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 21:14
Contributing Member

Stats: 195/183/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much
Progress: 16%

If it's morning, I order an ham, cheese, broccoli omlette ONLY and decaf coffee with cream. Or maybe two eggs scrambled with ham, cheese, broccoli and decaf coffee with cream. Or the omlette with avacado, jack cheese, bacon.

Dinner, the saute sole and steamed veggies, salad with Cesear. Note: their Cesear is the ONLY one WITHOUT SUGAR ADDED. Even their blu cheese and ranch has added sugar.
MiMi's has a book that shows what goes into each receipe. If in doubt, ask your server to check the book for you.