Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 00:08
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default Weekend BFL Check-in 12/19/03

Hi all,

So how did it go this week? Did you have a good BFL week? Did you get in all your workouts?

I'm in an extended 3 week off period from BFL right now. But I still got to the gym three times this week. Although I don't think I'm working out as hard as when I'm doing BFL. But I'm still feeling pretty sore from it because I've been hitting some muscles that don't usually get targeted when I'm doing BFL. I'm looking forward to January and getting started again.

I hope that the upcoming week doesn't play too much havoc with your BFL programs.

Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 14:18

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

I did BFL this week and feeling good... but after my leg (LBW) workout I was really sore... lol.. but I guess thats a good sign for improvement... Well, this my first week doing BFL and feel good overall as well...

Thanks,
Korry
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 14:47

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default week 8

This week went well. I think I could have pushed it a little more. I still haven't missed a workout!

I've been upping my unsaturated fat intake a little, adding some peanut butter about once a day.
I didn't really cheat this week but after adding more fats & oils I hope my fat loss is still happening. I don't think I'm going to have my BF% measured until the end of my challenge.

I wear gloves when I do weight training but I still have callouses. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe my gloves are poor quality.

Has anybody read the new "Eating For Life" yet? I figured most of you would be put off by it because I heard he spends the first half of the book talking about how bad diets are, low carb (Atkins) included. I can't wait to hear about the BFL way of eating in depth. He just kinda glazed over it in BFL.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 16:28
Contributing Member

Hey, you guys are doing great!

Korry, it's strange, when I start a new routine I wish the soreness would go away, and then when it does I strive harder because I think I must not be working hard enough because I'm not sore. Is that twisted or what?

Nitrovixen, that's great that you haven't missed a workout. I forget, whom it was that said, "95% of success is showing up."

I'd like to hear about "Eating for Life" too. Even if he does slag the good Dr., I'm used to hearing that. Since no one WOE works for everybody it's a good thing we can have differing opinions and it never hurts to learn what's working for some other people.

Arnie
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 18:19

Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

Yeah, I remember my first LBWO, I was so sore I could barely walk and I didn't think I had pushed myself that hard because I was learning how to do the free weights.

I have been switching my exercise around a little until my January challenge. I decided to see what Jorge Cruise workouts would be like. I have upped my cardio a little, too. I have stayed on track as far as eating except 2 planned splurges at Christmas parties. One in particular I ate a lot more sugar than I had planned though. But other than that I had a great week.

Piano
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 17:45
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Good work, everyone! I must admit to being a little envious--I was told yesterday that I have shin splints (sp?) and must not run in the near future.

So how do I get to a 9 or 10 without running, is what I'd like to know? Can this be done on an EFX machine?

Blech and argghh. I felt as if I was making good progress. Well, the weight lifting is still going well, anyway, and I did add a day of Pilates per week, too.

Have a lovely holiday, guys.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 22:20
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTattoo

So how do I get to a 9 or 10 without running, is what I'd like to know? Can this be done on an EFX machine?

Ouch, sorry to hear about the shin splints. I'm sure that you will be able to hit a 9 or 10 with an EFX machine. I've been using a stationary bike and it took me a couple weeks to get the intensities right, but it works just fine now.

I hope your leg feels better soon.

Arnie
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 13:13

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey Rose,

I can hit my 9's and 10's on the treadmill when I don't feel like running by cranking up the incline to 10 or higher.

Nitro: I need to buy gloves..my hands are getting calloused too. I always lose one glove after one or 2 uses though.

I'm taking my week off this week guys. I need the rest.

--Cindy
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 15:30
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Thank you, Arnie and Cindy. No incline allowed for me, though. So today I used the EFX, which I'm still getting used to. I hope I'll do a 9 or 10 once I'm acclimatized, lol.

Best wishes for the holidays.