Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 09:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Forgetting about the past; however, learning from my mistakes!!!! Need a buddy!!!

Hi all! I'm no stranger to Atkins; although if you look at my eating pattern for the last month--you'd beg to differ! Here's what happened:

It started with "the vacation". The first two days of my trip to Disneyland were fine and I stuck with low carbing. Then something went wrong and I decided that since I was on vacation; I was going to take a vacation from my WOE. WRONG MOVE!!!!! To make the story short; here I sit; 3 weeks later; and I've gained back every ounce that I took off before my trip. I know I should have gotten back on the wagon right away; but for some mental reason--I didn't and I've been spiraling downward ever since! Yet again; I'm sick and tired of being fat (and tired) so I'm ready to start again. My hubby thinks I should wait until after Christmas (just to make it easy on myself) but I think I'd feel better if I started right away. Or atleast try to tone my eating down a bit until after Christmas Day and then hit it full force. What do you guys think? I also happen to know that it's much easier for me to do if I have a buddy that I can share my trials and tribulations with. So, if anyone is interested...I'll be here waiting.

I'm ready to wipe my slate clean and start over. Like I said before; I want to forget about the past and move on. Life will get me no where if I live with regrets about what I did or didn't do!

Have a good one!

Jen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 10:10
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome Jen! I say whatever works for you. This is a difficult time of year to change your eating patterns but if it makes you more comfortable to get going then I say you should.

Hang in there - you will be successful again!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 10:45

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

It's great that you are ready to start over, but I would take a little time to figure out what made you blow it in the first place. Just so it doesn't happen again and leave you wondering, round & round.
I would suggest giving it a try over the holidays, at least, and you might even take off a few pounds. After all, there's birthdays and Valentine's Day and more vacations in your future. Your life has to encompass all of them.
So try keeping it sane for the rest of the month. Eat good breakfasts, and don't eat anything that isn't totally worth it.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 11:11

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:

Hi, there!

Welcome back!

I re-started on Dec. 1st and I had some reservations about starting at this time of the year--all the temptation, parties, STRESS!!! But, I figured that my willpower and determination are strongest at the start so that would pull me thru. So far so good! I just finished Induction on Monday and am down 10 lbs!! I am just taking it 1 day at a time and not letting stress, tiredness and the holidays be an excuse to go off plan. Being on plan causes LESS stress, because I'm not beating myself up about my weight/eating habits! On the other hand, starting 2004 with a clean slate's a good idea, too!

Good luck to you on whatever you decide!

Nicole
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 11:22
Registered Member

Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:

Thanks guys, for all the inspirational advice.

As for why I strayed--it's simple. I was on vacation and thought that I could just put Atkins aside for a while to enjoy some other foods and it backfired! I know that restarting now is the best thing for me to do; the longer I wait--the harder it will be. I'm tired of this endless cycle of "I'll start it tomorrow". This is the last time I will speak that phrase. It may be too late for today so far--but I'll begin fresh tomorrow morning.

I know that I can do this; afterall, I've done it before. I just need to gather myself together and make it happen. I've come to realize that I am my biggest obstacle!

Again, thanks so much to those of you who responded to my cry for help; and to those of you who haven't done so personally, but who have helped me via your postings in general. i look forward to coming here to report my progress and to give (as well as receive) support!

Now, I'm off to start my journal, anew!!!

Jen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 13:14
Registered Member

Stats: 207/177/150 Female 62.75''
BF:Shudder/Awful/Good
Progress: 53%

Well, here at the Low-Carber forum, you can have all the buddies you like, probably 24/7 (though why anyone would stay on that long is beyond me), considering different time zones. Any time you need support, we'll be here for you!

And, BTW, welcome to Low-Carbing!