Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 07:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/193/180 Male 6 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 70%
Angry No weight loss for 2nd week

It's good to read the posts, the caffein and success posts were good for me. For the second week now, I am still at 202# . I can't seem to get left of 200# . This is the 9th week of LC for me. I count my carbs by memory now from the different foods I eat, and do not do the net carb thing. My daily count is from about 17-25 . I have slipped up on daily water consumption at times (usually weekends) and ate some suspect (regharding carb count) meats and lots of cheese at a couple Christmas parties. Could these items be holding me down? I remember quite rapid loss of the first 21 lbs, now it seems to be stopped. I know I posted earlier about stalling, and was reminded that a stall is multiple weeks of no weigh tloss. I just don't want to screw up as losing feels good and I really want to get to that 180 goal. Thanks to all who post here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 07:46

Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Hi Johnny

Cheer up... I have been sort of stalled (during 3 week induction)... I was so totally frustrated, until today... check on the last post of my journal.

Weight doesn't matter but size.

Greetings,

Marissa
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 08:28

Stats: 302/296/200 Male 6'0"
BF:34%/34%/18%
Progress: 6%

just keep in mind that a big part of the initial loss was water. for every molecule of glycogen (sp) in your body there are two molecules of water. Your body burns fat much slower than it expells water.
No one has the dramatic loss they had during induction all the time, well, at least non-surgically.

Using up your body's fat stores takes time and effort. Think about it, there are 33 (kilo)calories in a gram of fat, so that means there are 33,000 (kilo)calories in a kilogram of fat (15000 per pound). Fat is terrific way to store enegry. If it takes one hour of running to burn 800 (kilo)calories, one pound can last you two hours, that's a lot of movement.

Take things one day at a time, stay true to your plan, and remember if it was easy--everyone would be fit and thin. You got to be in it for the long haul, 'cause that is the only way it's gonna work.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 08:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

don't be discouraged! i went almost 9 weeks without losing a pound, but pants were still fitting differently....then one day, the scale dropped a couple. it's just how it works--hang in there....but i would do the net carb count....maybe you're short changing yourself some carbs--maybe you could add a few more veggies to your plate if you subtracted fiber grams?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 11:29

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default You are on the right track...

According Atkins, you can expect to loose 10% of your excess weight during induction, then 5%/MONTH.
You already lost almost 50% of your excess weight:-)
For me the best way to fight against frustration was simply weighting myself only once a month. So even if I had 1-3 weeks "stall" I have never noticed it.
And the items you mentioned might slow your weight loss.
Maybe to go back to fitday during this hard Christmas season?
Something from my experience: to start or to change an exercise program might give a big boost.

Congrat to your progress, do not give up!

Last edited by Galadriell : Tue, Dec-16-03 at 11:35.