Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 22:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking What??? Shopping can actually NOT be torture???

Just had to share this little moment I had today....

Most of my clothes are either very well-stretched 24's, or 26's. Well, I'm in desperate need of new pants, as I didn't have many to begin with, and the ones I have are loose and sloppy looking. So I decided to go buy a pair. Since I can still wear my old pairs, I figured I'd try on 24's & 22's... hoping to use the 22's but not wanting to be too disappointed.

After a couple of trips, guess what size I bought?? Yes, that was *me* buying the 18's

How great did that feel! I can get them on, zipped and buttoned and move and sit down comfortably. I almost died of shock. The pair did have a bit of stretch in the hip area, but not much, and they should fit for a bit as I *fingers crossed* keep shrinking.

Wow... I lost 24 pounds and almost no inches over the first couple of months. Then, in the last month or so, I've only lost another 2 pounds, but seem to be shrinking away in inches.

So... just had to share what a happy camper I am this evening (Plus, the added bonus was I had a gift certificate, so I only had to shell out $10 to get them ... major bonus at Christmas time.)

Wynter
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 05:57
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Congratulations! For me the success is in being able to just walk thru the mall this year for the 1st time in over 3 years. Big change. Now I have no excuse for screwing up the Christmas list. (You mean everybody doesn't appreciate a gift certificate to Outback?)
Now I have to know sizes and colors and all that stuff. I am actually sending the family real presents this year. Will scare the stuffing out of them all!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 08:08

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

woo hoo! I want to be in an 18! I am in a 20 officially I'd say... I have tried on a few 18's and 16's that fit but only the stretch type jeans... and darn it all thats not good eough for me to buy.. Out of 10 pairs of jeans I tried on only 20 was consistent...lol Can you believe I tried on 10 pairs of jeans with 2 little kids? hee hee

Congrats!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 08:26

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

WooHoo! Congratulations. That is a major accomplishment. I so look forward to getting into 18s!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 08:35
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Congratulations! And I bet you look a lot better in those pants that fit than in the old ones that were stretched out and baggy!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 09:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

great job in fitting in those pants. that must of felt really good to be able to put on those 18's . What I have noticed is that I am not loseing any weight but my pants sizes keep on going down . keep up the hard work you are doing great
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 11:09
One day at a timer

Stats: 328.5/280.5/180 Female 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

That is wonderful...congratulations! I can not wait until I get to that point.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 19:33

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Congratulations!! Whoo Hooo!!

My pants are getting baggy too. My daughter wanted to know what size to get me for Christmas. I told her to get 22s I haven't tried any on but I told her if they are too tight then I would keep shrinking and I would fit into them. My neighbor gave me some size 20s and I put them up to my body and they look like they will be too small. I still haven't gotten the guts to try them on yet. I really hate disappointments. SOme day I will get up the nerve to try them.

You have a great day!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 22:25

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Congratulations Wynter!!! Size 18 is WONDERFUL!!!

Oh and MaryC - try those pants on. I look at things all the time and think NO WAY, I am going to fit into them and surprisingly enough, most of the time I do. I'm wearing a size 20 in Jeans right now and I weigh considerably more than you do. You never know, they just might fit.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 22:43

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:

Thank you, everyone, for all your nice words. I think I've been living off the "buzz" of my shopping trip all weekend!

Mary - definitely try the pants on ... even if they don't fit, it'll give you a good feeling to see how much closer they are to fitting Besides, I would have sworn I should be buying 22's, and there I was with the 18's... I still keep taking them out of the closet and holding them up - they still look way to small to be mine

Wynter
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 09:19
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

Can't wait till I can buy 18's. Congrats and keep up the good work.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 10:02

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Wynter, that is great! I know that had to feel good to actually get to see an amazing progress point in this new WOL. Keep up the great work!!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 15:34
Registered Member

Stats: 241/196/140 Female 64 in
BF:?????
Progress: 45%

Know exactly how you feel. I too was a 24 and now am in size 16. Shopping is fun again.... Congrats on your success.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 16:33

Stats: 240/175/120 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 54%

Its a great feeling!

Clothes shopping can be a nightmare indeed

Well Done!

xxx
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 06:10

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc
Congratulations!! Whoo Hooo!!

My pants are getting baggy too. My daughter wanted to know what size to get me for Christmas. I told her to get 22s I haven't tried any on but I told her if they are too tight then I would keep shrinking and I would fit into them. My neighbor gave me some size 20s and I put them up to my body and they look like they will be too small. I still haven't gotten the guts to try them on yet. I really hate disappointments. SOme day I will get up the nerve to try them.

You have a great day!!

TRY THOSE PUPPIES ON! A friend gave me two pairs of 18's and the only reason I even attempted to pull those obviously WAY TOO SMALL pants over my rather large derriere is that I had already tried on size 18's and had them fit. . .but still looking at those jeans I literally said. . ."There is no way the tiny amount of fabric is going over my butt.". . .and then I slide them right on and zipped and snapped them. Everytime I get them out of the wash. . .I think "Whose pants are these?" Oh yeah. . .mine! redawn