Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What??? Shopping can actually NOT be torture??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153904)

Wynter Sat, Dec-13-03 22:16

What??? Shopping can actually NOT be torture???

Just had to share this little moment I had today....

Most of my clothes are either very well-stretched 24's, or 26's. Well, I'm in desperate need of new pants, as I didn't have many to begin with, and the ones I have are loose and sloppy looking. So I decided to go buy a pair. Since I can still wear my old pairs, I figured I'd try on 24's & 22's... hoping to use the 22's but not wanting to be too disappointed.

After a couple of trips, guess what size I bought?? Yes, that was *me* buying the 18's :D

How great did that feel! I can get them on, zipped and buttoned and move and sit down comfortably. I almost died of shock. The pair did have a bit of stretch in the hip area, but not much, and they should fit for a bit as I *fingers crossed* keep shrinking.

Wow... I lost 24 pounds and almost no inches over the first couple of months. Then, in the last month or so, I've only lost another 2 pounds, but seem to be shrinking away in inches.

So... just had to share what a happy camper I am this evening :D (Plus, the added bonus was I had a gift certificate, so I only had to shell out $10 to get them ... major bonus at Christmas time.)

Wynter

MisterE Sun, Dec-14-03 05:57

Congratulations! For me the success is in being able to just walk thru the mall this year for the 1st time in over 3 years. Big change. Now I have no excuse for screwing up the Christmas list. (You mean everybody doesn't appreciate a gift certificate to Outback?)
Now I have to know sizes and colors and all that stuff. I am actually sending the family real presents this year. Will scare the stuffing out of them all!

Wenzday Sun, Dec-14-03 08:08

woo hoo! I want to be in an 18! I am in a 20 officially I'd say... I have tried on a few 18's and 16's that fit but only the stretch type jeans... and darn it all thats not good eough for me to buy.. ;) Out of 10 pairs of jeans I tried on only 20 was consistent...lol Can you believe I tried on 10 pairs of jeans with 2 little kids? hee hee

Congrats!

diemde Sun, Dec-14-03 08:26

WooHoo! Congratulations. That is a major accomplishment. I so look forward to getting into 18s!

liz175 Sun, Dec-14-03 08:35

Congratulations! And I bet you look a lot better in those pants that fit than in the old ones that were stretched out and baggy!

bluesfan88 Sun, Dec-14-03 09:13

great job in fitting in those pants. that must of felt really good to be able to put on those 18's . What I have noticed is that I am not loseing any weight but my pants sizes keep on going down . keep up the hard work you are doing great :Party:

Amazlilith Sun, Dec-14-03 11:09

That is wonderful...congratulations! I can not wait until I get to that point.

maryc Sun, Dec-14-03 19:33

Congratulations!! Whoo Hooo!!

My pants are getting baggy too. My daughter wanted to know what size to get me for Christmas. I told her to get 22s I haven't tried any on but I told her if they are too tight then I would keep shrinking and I would fit into them. My neighbor gave me some size 20s and I put them up to my body and they look like they will be too small. I still haven't gotten the guts to try them on yet. I really hate disappointments. SOme day I will get up the nerve to try them.

You have a great day!!

LCchickFL Sun, Dec-14-03 22:25

Congratulations Wynter!!! Size 18 is WONDERFUL!!! :cheer:

Oh and MaryC - try those pants on. I look at things all the time and think NO WAY, I am going to fit into them and surprisingly enough, most of the time I do. I'm wearing a size 20 in Jeans right now and I weigh considerably more than you do. You never know, they just might fit. ;)

Wynter Sun, Dec-14-03 22:43

Thank you, everyone, for all your nice words. I think I've been living off the "buzz" of my shopping trip all weekend!

Mary - definitely try the pants on ... even if they don't fit, it'll give you a good feeling to see how much closer they are to fitting :) Besides, I would have sworn I should be buying 22's, and there I was with the 18's... I still keep taking them out of the closet and holding them up - they still look way to small to be mine :)

Wynter

golflady59 Mon, Dec-15-03 09:19

Can't wait till I can buy 18's. Congrats and keep up the good work.

JYounginer Mon, Dec-15-03 10:02

Wynter, that is great! I know that had to feel good to actually get to see an amazing progress point in this new WOL. Keep up the great work!!

lamom Mon, Dec-15-03 15:34

Know exactly how you feel. I too was a 24 and now am in size 16. Shopping is fun again.... Congrats on your success.

ItaliaGirl Mon, Dec-15-03 16:33

Its a great feeling!

Clothes shopping can be a nightmare indeed

Well Done!

xxx

redawn Wed, Dec-17-03 06:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc
Congratulations!! Whoo Hooo!!

My pants are getting baggy too. My daughter wanted to know what size to get me for Christmas. I told her to get 22s I haven't tried any on but I told her if they are too tight then I would keep shrinking and I would fit into them. My neighbor gave me some size 20s and I put them up to my body and they look like they will be too small. I still haven't gotten the guts to try them on yet. I really hate disappointments. SOme day I will get up the nerve to try them.

You have a great day!!

TRY THOSE PUPPIES ON! A friend gave me two pairs of 18's and the only reason I even attempted to pull those obviously WAY TOO SMALL pants over my rather large derriere is that I had already tried on size 18's and had them fit. . .but still looking at those jeans I literally said. . ."There is no way the tiny amount of fabric is going over my butt.". . .and then I slide them right on and zipped and snapped them. Everytime I get them out of the wash. . .I think "Whose pants are these?" Oh yeah. . .mine! redawn:)