Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 06:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Low carb
Stats: 157/135/130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Counting Calories

Did you find as you got closer to your goal that you had to count calories or add more exercise? I am close to my goal and the weight is just trickling off; in fact, the past 5 weeks I haven't lost anything. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 13:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yes. My ultimate goal weight would be a little lower than this, but I'm too lazy to go to the gym or count calories.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 00:00

Plan: gen. low carb/Atkins
Stats: 137/110/112 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 108%

Near the end, I got tired of the pace of the last few pounds, and I made a deliberate push to get to goal. I didn't actually count calories, but I kept them in mind, watched portion size, and generally "tightened up" my carb consumption. (I didn't go through the steps -- my carb count was pretty much the same from start to finish.) Whenever I felt like I was bogging down, I made extra sure to drink lots of water. That really seemed to help.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 11:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

I don't count calories, but I have watched certain fats all through the plan and maybe more so now.

Kathy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:04

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%

I do watch carbs, calories, and fats. As small as I am, it wouldn't take much to slip up. I try to always keep my carbs around 60 and calories around 1500.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins,protein power
Stats: 134/118/110 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

This is my second time around. Acouple of years ago I weighed 110, from 134. It took me 10 months to lose 24lbs! I continued to watch my carbs, but didn't cut back on my calories & fats. Slowly, but surely I gained back 14lbs. This time I am watching calories closely. My BMI is 1253 calories, so I stay around 1200 per day. I now weigh 118 and hope to get back to 110. I confess that I need to exercise and now that winter is nearing it's end, I plan to get moving!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 06:55

Plan: semi low carb
Stats: 103/1015/ Female 66.5
BF:
Progress:

yea I count everything! Its very obsessive and all. But im actually more lenient than I used to be.
I maintain weight with like 1600 calories a day. Actually I keep losing a little every week.
If I want to eat more I just exercise. Everything can be balanced.