Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 12:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up A new beginning!

Hello All,

I am attempting to start induction today. So far so good, but I am fearful of falling off because I have been trying for some time to do this WOE without success or weight loss.

At one point I did induction perfectly and then began incorporating some food changes including Atkins Shakes. I then developed head aches and an unwell feeling which confused me. Confusion is my enemy because I don't know what to do next so I slowly lose my thrust. I also notice that I desperately need food variety after two weeks of induction but get confused as to what to eat and begin to lose faith in myself and the program.

I cook for a hungry family and find it very challenging to make meals that fit in with a new food plan because shopping, planning and cooking is nicely routine now and all my standbys need to be reassesed in light of LC.

These are a few of my challenges but I am hoping this time with support I will find a way through the fog.

This message is an attempt at helping myself. I am hoping those on this board will help me when my mind begins to become befuddled. : )

"Words can not describe how lousy I feel about myself at this weight." It doesn't help that in the circles I travel I am the only 'fat' one. I feel like a freak much of the time. I have a skiing family and this year I have decided not to go to the hills because of my weight. I have been struggling in this area for l0 years now and so much would like this problem to be solved. I did quit smoking 7 years ago which put another 30 lbs on me, but I did that so why can't I do this.

Thanks for listening, or should I say reading,

Freedom46
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 13:42
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there! Welcome!

Feel free to start a journal: we can help you sort out the day-to-day things like shopping and cooking. I don't have any kiddies, but I cook for a vegetarian boyfriend so I know it can be a bit of a pain. With practice, you'll have a new "repetoire" of quick meals that please everyone. A tip: don't insist on cooking totally seperate meals. There's no need to. If you're eating healthy food, so should they.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 08:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Kristine!

How do I start a journal. Do you mean write a journal here at home or on the forum somewhere.

I am new to this. It took me two months to figure out how to post a message. : (

Computer Challenged
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 10:40

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default How to start a journal

Here is a detailed explanation how to start a journal:-) Click on the link bellow:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34155
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 00:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/190/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Freedom46......Try not to envision the walls, envision the doors! It is so true that doing any new eating plan is terribly hard when we live with others and especially if they do not want or need to join us. My kids are grown now and they are not the issue but my hubby is trying to go lo carb with me (he MIGHT be 10 lbs over ideal and he lost five lbs the first week) to make it easier for me and to improve his cholesterol. But he can sometimes just say something casually that makes me feel momentarily like I'm on a tilt-a-whirl....sliding towards quitting. It's always something very innocent like "hey, you gotta expect to cheat once in awhile" NO! I do not have plans to cheat!! If I mess up I am going on like nothng happened. When I sense that old quittor mentality creeping up I tell myself that I have NO OPTIONS, staying fat is just NOT viable, geting fatter is even worse which is where I will be if I cave.

It will get easier.....I keep telling myself!!!!