Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 04:01

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Protein Power Pals-Thursday Dec 4

I repeat-
Wendy has a boyfriend, Wendy has boyfriend Enjoy it, girlfriend!!

Back up .5 this AM but that's probably just water. I tend to bloat with a lot of dairy and having cottage cheese and yogurt for dinner probably did it.
FYI-this is what Fitday tells me my daily averages for the past week are:
(desired range is a custom field)
Calories kcal 1037.7 Desired Range:1000 -1200
Total Fat g 50.82
Total Carbohydrate g 35.89 Desired Range:30- 60
Protein g 107.1

Lissette, I don't really subtract the exercise but when I did WW if you did "activity points" you could add them to your total allowed points for the day (i.e if you did a 2 mile WATP tape that was, for me, a 2 point activity and that meant I had to eat 2 more points worth of food), so I just guess that I have the mindset that if I exercise for 30 min I will not worry about going to 1200 cal for the day. It's actually what the LFL info says the average weight loss day should be around. If I don't lose this .5 in the next day or so then I may back the cals down alittle.

"Think Yeti Claus has a sleigh pulled by Mousse rather than reindeer?"Good one!

Bawdy, when I did WW my hair thinned out terribly and it didn't start to come back until I began low carbing. Probably not enough protein but I wouldn't discount the fat % either.

OK, someone else's turn!!

Last edited by ewinpa : Thu, Dec-04-03 at 04:11.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:07

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good Mornong everyone..
REMEMBER!!!.. that's CHOCOLATE mousse...we're not talkin' overly involved hair care products here!!!

LOL!!!

Off to work...back later
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:07

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
All around our thread;
Take a look in the fireplace.
Santa Yeti is such a case.
I'm afraid to ask where he left the sled.

All around our thread;
Bawdy Wench is a maid again,
Looking that good is a sin.
What'll she wear when our Wendy's wed?

Goodies low in carbs,
Moderation is the key,
on our hips they will not be
As we giggle and trade our saucy barbs.

A rock-salt pistol for hunting duels
And a pair of high-heeled mules
Is the wish of our Wench so Bawdy;

That my PhotoShop will go out,
Is without a doubt
The hope of our Yeti so naughty;

Marnie and Elaine can hardly breathe
Laughing at this crowd so row-dy.

All around our thread;
There's Karen, Kristine and Shelley,
Robin, Dreamer, Rebecca and Ellie
With Black57 checking out the sled.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring
Is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.

Last edited by Orang : Thu, Dec-04-03 at 06:13.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:27

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

LOL......very cute

Robin
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:54

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, you have outdone yourself. What else can I say?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 07:29

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

LOVE the pic and the song! This one's definitely a keeper!

Still hanging in there at 165. Today is the third Lean for Life weight-loss day. Tomorrow is my weekly protein day. Maybe things will move by the weekend.

We'll be setting up the bowflex today. Can't wait!

PS: Wendy got kissed!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Thu, Dec-04-03 at 07:32.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 08:16

BF:

Glad y'all enjoyed the song -- I wrote that yesterday in the waiting room at the courthouse
.................................... ...................................... ......
It has been a busy couple of days and it may get worse... I got a summons for jury duty several weeks ago -- I really expected they would excuse me based on my health problems, but I found out yesterday I was not excused - the period is 12/8 to 12/22. And it gets worse....... I had to go yesterday and fill out the "sequestered jury" questionnaire (things like medical / dietary needs, allergies, smoking preference, etc.) -- I'm gonna be

if they lock me up in hotel during the weeks before Christmas.

Wonder how many carbs are in a roasted Judge??? Just kidding - he is far to old and stringy for that cooking method -- anybody got a really large crockpot?

I seriously think the problem is the Judge - we had an explosive run in back in my social services days - I appealed a ruling he made that I felt endangered a child's safety - the appellate court not only overturned his decision, they basically said "What kind of idiot are you?" in their notification to his court that it had been overturned. The family involved was politically powerful and his inability to shield them was both socially and politically embarrassing no doubt.

OK, enough kibitzing about court matters.

I know Bawdy will get a kick out of this story... I went to GNC and Wally-world on Tuesday. I hadn't been to a GNC in forever, but was nearly out whey protein powder and didn't have time to wait for an on-line order -- the whole front half of the store was LC frankenfoods
They didn't have the brand of protein powder I usually buy so I was reading the labels on the various powders. As soon as the salesman discovered I was a LCer, he began trying to sell me on the virtues of the frankenfoods... I politely told him (the first half-dozen times) there was no reason to eat anything other than real food to LC and that I had avoided frankenfoods for health reasons even before beginning to eat for weight loss.

This guy was literally chasing me around the store as I read the labels showing me various frankenfoods. When I told him I wasn't interested in buying Atkins anything (hoping that would deter him) he started with the other brands.
{What part of NO don'tyou understand?}

When he told me there was no way I could stay on a LC diet without those products for any length of time, I got a bit more forceful in my objections. I told him I was not on a diet, but had made a permanent change in my way of eating both for my health and weight loss -- a change that did not include regularly eating things like chips, cookies, pasta, cake, cereals, etc. - and that I had been doing this successfully without the foods he felt were so necessary for nearly a year. By this time, several of the ladies shopping in the frankenfood section had taken note of the conversion we were having (this is one of the smaller stores) and he decided the best thing to do was get me out of his store as quickly as possible as one of the ladies started to ask me questions about what I ate.

Much to the chagrin of the salesman, the questioning lady followed me out after I bought my protein powder and wanted to know how to LC without the pricey frankenfoods -- and we were soon joined on the sidewalk by all the other ladies. We all went to the Wally-World at the other end of this shopping area together. They were amazed at the variety of real foods you can eat on an LC WOE. I encouraged them to read PP regardless of with LC WOE they were using so they would understand why the WOE worked and could make informed decisions about what to put in their bodies.

I'll write more later - I have to get some presents wrapped in case I get sequestered...

Last edited by Orang : Thu, Dec-04-03 at 08:31.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 11:11

Like I said......There's NO STOPPING her now!!!! LOL

#9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 13:25

BF:

Yesterday's Menu:
Omelet:
4 egg beaters, 2 ozs ham, 1 oz cheddar
12 oz regular coffee - black
drink - sugar free gelatin with .75 tbs psyllium hulks

Snack 1 3 oz cottage cheese
Snack 2 6 oz sugar-free yogurt
Snack 3 3 oz cottage cheese
Snack 4 1 scoop choc whey protein powder

8 oz salmon with 2 egg beaters and 1/8 cup cornmeal, 1/8 cup onion flacks
1 cup oriental mix veggies - steamed

Wendy:

#10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 17:35

BF:

Bawdy,

Congrats on the weight loss.

Loved the comment about Yeti Claus' sleigh being pulled by a mousse - I'm assuming this will be a chocolate mousse??

Last edited by Orang : Thu, Dec-04-03 at 17:38.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 17:39

#12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 20:14

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good evening!

Orang, Sorry about having to deal with an unscrupulous judge, I Can Not belive that you would not be excused with your recent sugery. You might just have to answer some questions so you are not the ideal juror! My Dh was called for Jduty the other day, they had asked him how he felt about a man hitting a women in defense, he (and he felt this way) said that a man is stronger then a women and should try to use some restraint, well the case was based on a man breaking the women's collar bone (in self defense) So of course he was excused.
hang in there and good luck, Also you are right in all of the new franken foods being pushed, 3/4 of it I do not even consider buying because it is to similar to my old way of eating and I am afraid that it would push me over into carbland again! BTW, enjoyed the new Christmas LC song!!

Bw, Chocolate Mousse?? Do you have a proper liscense for that??? DID you try out the bow flex yet??? TELL US< TELL US!!!!!

Wendy, first kiss from the DF huh??? ALRIGHT!!!!!

Elaine,How are things going today?? What part are you on?? I am weightloss part 950 cal. 33 carbs. 22 fat. 88 Protein . I also managed to put some time in on the treadmill, I was sore from 2 workouts yesterday, but I hung in and my muscles warmed up enough so the pain was not there later.

Rob, Will the mousse be sf and lc???

A big Hello to Ellie! Marnie! Black! Robin! and everyone else!

Have a great evening! Weigh day for me is this weekend. I will be crossing my fingers!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 20:18

Orang-
try showing up wearing a NORML t-shirt & an NRA cap

LOL