Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 20:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234.5/195.2/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default Who eats the same lunch every day?

I eat summer sausage/ beef sticks and a couple slices of cheese for lunch everyday. It is something that is ultra fast and easy to throw together in the morning. What is your same 'ol same 'ol? I've been eating this for two months every day and still not sick of it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 20:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Sometimes I get in a phase where I repeat the same thing for a few days. If it stops tasting good, I change it.

I've found I need part of my veggies or salad at lunch. I usually throw some chicken and cheese on salad and I'm good to go.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 20:55
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I usually eat salads, (any kind of meat, cheese, egg, bacon, seeds etc) which I AM getting bored with as of late, and I really need to find something different!!!!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 21:08

Stats: 258/228/155 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Lunch

I have either a can of tuna or a can of chicken with mayo for lunch. I was a bread lover so at first it was hard, but I am getting over it. Problem with can goods is sodium! It does get boring at times.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 21:34

Plan: card addicts
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 64 inchs
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm stuck on cheese, pepperoni and a sf jello. Once in while I'll throw in a lc chocolate bar. Like Wick_1 said , its east to throw together.
I'm in a rut with breakfast too, two eggs.
Dinner time is my branching out meal.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 22:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/168/160 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 80%

i alwasy eat tuna or salads. snacks are hard for me because i normally stick with the same ol boring pepperoni and cheese or pork rinds. I just cant handle those nasty bars.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 02:41
Hail to the King

Stats: 394/219/200 Male 5' 11''
BF:Big Time
Progress: 90%

Eggs...Every morning. I work 3rd shift so I get home and cook up some eggs. Usually bacon or sausages on the side along with decaffeinated tea.

Unfortunately due to my hours I sleep through normal lunch hours. I work 12 hour shifts so I usually wind up with only two meals per day with a snack at my desk in the wee hours of the morning.

Jim

Last edited by Aragorn : Wed, Dec-03-03 at 02:43.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 02:43

Stats: 271/226.5/190 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 55%

oh goodness for the past few months it's the SAME school salad... Ive only know switched to the meat patties int he hamburgers there because it's so cold
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 04:20
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I normally try to have a large salad for lunch. How I will add variation is by what I put in it. Normally it is chicken breast, so to add variety I'll cook it in LC BBQ or Teriyaki sauce. Or instead of chicken I'll throw in left over meat, or thawed shrimp.

Altering the oils I use also helps. I found flavored oils can make great salad dressings, such as basil olive oil. The rosemary stank though.

I'll do that 95% of the time, bu after a bit everyone can get in a no more salad mood, or sick of same hting. Then I'll grab something else. I try to have veggies at other meals more in that case.

Same with breakfast. I have eggs different ways almost every day. Occasionally I'll grab soemthing different, but then I miss my eggs and will look foward to having them the next day
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 05:19

Stats: 480/440.2/225 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I generally eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. I find it easier and the lack of choice helps me keep to a regimented plan.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 09:12
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

LadyBelle, I'm like you. Salad every single day. I pack all of the makings up in tupperware bowls the night before -- huge pile of lettuce, sunflower seeds, chopped veggies -- and then the next day I top the salad with some sort of meat (usually chicken, ham, or tuna) and dressing. I find that, instead of getting tired of this routine (I've been LC'ing for 6 months now!) I REALLY look forward to that salad every day. I really think that I'll always feel this way.

Jeannie
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 09:23
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Default !

Like Ladybelle and JeannieM I've had salad every working day for 4 months !
Mixed greens, mustard greens, cucumber, green onion (spring onion), yellow pepper, 1/2 avocado in cubes, fresh herbs (basil) - and variations if toppings: bacon cubes, shrimp, crawfish, ham, grilled chicken, eggs, and italian dressing (vinegar and oil).

Sometimes I make up a batch of Spinach and Cheese Frittatas and bring that. Or DDPQ (I don't get to keep that to myself som it seems to dissapear).

I don't get tired of my salads if I vary them a bit every day. My workmates calls it Nilles Gourmet lunch !

If I have a day off or during weekends I usually make an 2 egg omelette with a variety of fillings......

I'm getting hungry already !
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 09:30
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Eggs every morning
2 eggs or egg beaters if I am out of eggs
and 1oz pepperjack cheese and either spinach or pepperoni with it

I also eat string cheese and 12-24 almonds daily as snacks.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 09:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 330/217/190 Male 70 in
BF:?/30/less than 20
Progress: 81%

A pile of baby spinach, a handful of grated cheddar, a handful of green olives, a couple of boiled eggs, olive oil and vinegar, is what I eat 90% of the time.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 11:16

Stats: 160/154/125 Female 5ft. 3in.
BF:
Progress: 17%

I normally have a salad for lunch, but what's in the salad normally changes. Sometimes I will just have Romain Lettuce with bleu cheese dressing, and a couple slices of ham. Other days, when I have more groceries in the fridge I will put other things in the salad, cucumbers, onions, etc.

Lilbug