Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 00:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins for Life
Stats: 210.8/185/145 Female 5  6
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default I am back !! Less the Gall bladder!

Well hello all i finally got that hideous gall bladder out two weeks ago on Thursday and tomorrow is the big day for the " IM GOING TO GET HEALTHY" stage of my life. And im really excited about it. I am going to run by my menu for tomorrow, if you could add to it please do and let me know if im on the right track. I have the atkins book atm and am going to try to go with that plan.

Breakfast

Two Eggs
4 Bacon Strips - ( i say four cause i packaged it that way, can usually only eat about 3 at a time )

Lunch

Romaine Lettuce tossed with some Yellow Peppers, Olive Oil, garlic, spices.
1 Chicken Breast Grilled - sliced over top.

Super

1 Chicken Breast
Sauteed tomatoes, zuchini in olive oil and spices.

Now on the atkins it recommends during induction to stick to 20carbs but it list salad as carb content but yet in my curves book salad has no carb pts? i am confused, can anyone clarify?

My mom says sausage has carb in it? any particular sausage that doesnt i should keep any eye out for?

Also what are some good snack ideas?? for induction that is.

Thank you all in advance

Spiice
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 00:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/154/125 Female 5ft. 3in.
BF:
Progress: 17%

Welcome back Spiice!!

I have Jello sugar free 3.5oz cups for a snack. Or Cream Cheese on Ham rolled up!! YUM!

You menu looks great!!

Your mom might have been talking about processed Sausage in which they will add things too. I would make sure to read labels just to be sure!

I can't help with the carb salad thing and the differences in the books! But I wanted to wish you good luck anyways!!

Last edited by Lilbug : Wed, Nov-19-03 at 00:32.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 01:53

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Now on the atkins it recommends during induction to stick to 20carbs but it list salad as carb content but yet in my curves book salad has no carb pts? i am confused, can anyone clarify?

Possibly because Curves isn't a low-carb diet? I'm not real familiar with it, but for Atkins, we count the carbs of everything we eat that has carbs (minus the fiber of course), and salad has a little bit of carbs.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 12:00

Stats: 191/177/148 Female 5ft. 6.5 inches
BF:40.40%/38.10/?
Progress: 33%

Congtatulations, Spiice, on getting your gallbladder out!
It's the best thing I ever did! I couldn't eat anything with fat in it before, without vomiting + getting incredible pain. Now I can eat everything! I hope you feel as well as I do.
Good luck with induction!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 22:09

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/196/160
BF:
Progress: 45%

Spiice - I am not familiar with the curves program, but many "low carb" plans are still quite high in carbohydrates compared to Atkins. I weigh and count all my salad stuff & veges, as this is really my only source of carbs.

Watch out for sausages - as they often contain a filler like breadcrumbs. I am in Australia, and there is only one place I can get carb free sausages. Check the labels before eating anything, as there are many foods that contain surprisingly high levels of carbs.

Best of Luck - Jessica
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 23:10
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Congrats on getting your gall bladder out, Spiice... I lived with pain for years and the doctor didn't associate it with gall bladder. Am now pain-free as I hope you will be too!!

I notice you are in Ontario -- I have found the store brand Italian type sausages at Sobey's have no breadcrumbs or any other filler. All the breakfast sausages I have looked at in Sobey's and Fortino's (or Zehrs) have bread in them.

For snacks, I like to use my cream - whipped with Splenda, with non-carb Jello.

Good luck!