Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 07:56
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%
Angry Need some support

I am so mad at myself right now! I feel like I made the supidest mistake ever! I bought a new scale on line (thanks for the suggestions from all who have them) and it came yesterday, I got on the scale and it was way up.... I figured it was just different from my regular weighing scale, but was 7 pounds different. I went to the store later and weighed just to compare and it was up too.... I couldnt figure out how I gained 7 pounds since weighing in on Friday to Tuesday?!?!?!? I went home in search of the hidden carbs... Well turns out they wouldnt have been so hidden if I wasnt so blind. I bought sodas this week, 4 12 packs for 10 bucks coke products... I got diet vanilla, diet caffeine free, diet lemon and diet cherry. I dont put them in the fridge, I just get a big glass of ice and pour it over and it tastes a little watery, but it has some flavor.... Well turns out that the diet caffeine free and the regular caffeine free look exactly the same and I must have picked up the wrong box and I have drank about 8 of the little suckers, non diet, 39 carbs a can caffeine free coke..... So I am back on induction to get rid of the extra 7 pounds I picked up in the past 4 days and get back into ketosis... I just started enjoying the new variety I was having and back to induction I go, this is going to be tough, but I can do it (I did it before) but am just going to need a little kick in the pants now and then. Does anyone know if I am going to go through the whole headache flu-ey crap I went through the first time on induction??? I have only done it once and hated the feeling I got?? hope I don't have to go through that again.......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 08:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I don't think you have to worry about the new Induction symptoms, you didn't mess up that badly. It happens, and you are taking the right steps with the right attitude!
It's a bummer than this happened, but at least you caught it quickly! And it's probably just water weight anyway. A pint weighs a pound...
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:12

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Common mistake...those "cans" can look quite the same. Just get back eating the way you are suppose to...I would watch the diet soda too. I lose best when my artificial sweetener (products) are eaten/drank minimally. Some of the weight is probably water retention due to the carbs you consumed. You'll be on track.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:22
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Oh nooooooooo Woolina!! I've done that before with the cans too, they are so similar! You'll be back down in no time!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:34
Low Carb Cowgirl

BF:

Thanks guys, I know in my mind that it has to be water weight and I know what to do to get it off again, but I am so disgusted with myself right now.... I don't drink soda's that often and they have never affected my loss. I drink them after I have had plenty of water and they have never stalled me before. I just get to a point now and then were I can't stand drinking only water all the time. This little episode should clear that up for me though...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 172/163/124 Female 62.5"
BF:31/29.5/24
Progress: 19%

Look at it this way - lots of people deliberately have a one or two-day carb blast to raise leptin levels and keep metabolism high, or to unlock a stall, then get right back on the wagon and keep losing. They all see a big spike, followed by a big drop and then improved progress. So stay focused, and you might find it did more good than harm, unintentional though it was!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 11:44

Stats: 271.5/233.5/210 Male 69 Inches
BF:35 - I am a Burger
Progress: 62%

See, Coke is evil.

I was such a Coke drinker I was downing at least one 1 liter bottle a day, and upto two 2 liter bottles.

I switched to Diet Pepsi cause Diet Coke tastes like what I imagine the inside of my shoes taste like or at least would if I cared to take that test.

So when I went on Atkins, I just said the hell with Pepsi, Coke or any other product they might have. I figure I have saved a buttload of money, cause water is more or less free.

I might have a diet pepsi later tonight, for only the second time since I started this....

Max
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 11:48

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

HOLY MOLY I cant belive you couldnt tell the differnece in the taste! I do think caffeinne free pop tastes like diet though so I guess I can sort of see... well..I think it'll only take a few days for your weight to go back down...dont fret!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 11:57
Low Carb Cowgirl

BF:

I think I would have tasted it if I had been drinking it cold outof the fridge, but I leave it out cuz no room for it in fridge, and pour it over ice, it tastes watered down when the cubes melt, and the no caffeine makes it taste different too. I dont know what I was doing... obviously I was on auto-pilot and not paying enough attention. I am sure I will learn from this little episode and it will not happen again!!!.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 12:06

Stats: 206.2/196.0/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 15%

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I know it must be really frustrating. The weight is surely water and it will come off in no time. Don't worry, you'll be back on track before you know it!!
Take care,
Bonnie
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 18:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

Wow Thanks for the heads up for the rest of us ! I think you will be just fine. You will lose that 7 lbs and more...just you wait and see. Feel good about yourself because you had no desire to cheat...it was just a mistake. I dont know about you but I tend to learn more from my miscues than when I do things right, lol.