Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/211/180 Male 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Slight predicament...

I'm having trouble finding things to eat for breakfast. I work/school fairly early in the morning, so I get to campus by around 8 at the latest. I usually can't wake up any earlier to prepare breakfast. So I figure packing a breakfast would be best. Unfortunately all the food I thought of cooking for breakfast doesn't seem to work very well. For example, was cooking hamburger patties to take to work for breakfast. They were dry and to say the least, not very fullfilling after that. So I thought of sausages...but that's a lot of processed meat (which I already eat a lot of). So then there is a Jack in the Box nearby. The Ultimate Cheeseburger is $1.99...and it's very fullfilling . But I can't afford $1.99 every day on just breakfast. So right now I'm eating an apple for breakfast...I don't even know if I should be eating apples though. The work place does have a microwave so I can nuke up some stuff. Any recommendations for breakfast that I can easily make the night before, cook up the next day and still taste somewhat decent? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:08

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

How about hardboiling some eggs and taking those in? Apples are pretty high in carbs. Grapefruit, strawberries, and cantelope are better fruit choices.
Bacon can be microwaved or you can buy the precooked bacon and heat it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:10

Stats: 271.5/233.5/210 Male 69 Inches
BF:35 - I am a Burger
Progress: 62%

I always have a dozen hard boiled eggs in the fridge. So what I do is simple, I have two hard boiled eggs and some string cheese and call it good.

Now, when I have a ham or a turkey breast I have roasted, I grab a piece of that also.

Breakfast is the easist meal for me. Cause it is always ready. On the weekends I will fry some eggs or some sausage, but during the week, it's HBE for ME.

Max
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:15
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I find hard boiled eggs are the best. If on the go, add some string cheese to that and some left over bacon which taste just as good cold as it does hot. And your set.

Good luck,

Lily
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:25

Plan: adkins
Stats: 157.5/133.0/135 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 109%

once off induction, find some of those low
carb protein bars on sale. they really fill
you up. some people do get cravings, but I have
done very well on them for breakfast
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:28

Stats: 260/211/180 Male 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Oh ya...I forgot to mention...I was eating 3 eggs a day for breakfast everyday and also another 3 for dinner. So i kinda got sick of them after awhile. But adding cheese and bacon sounds like a great idea! But would it be ok to be eating bacon everyday? I haven't found the nitrate free ones.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:33
Registered Member

Stats: 222/197/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 60%

Not sure if your on induction or not?? But I was in the same boat, and sick and tired of EGGS!!!! I also have a mircowave at work, so I make (usually on Sundays) a big casserole dish of Ham and Swiss Quiche!! It's FABULOUS!!! I found the recipe in the breakfast section of the forum receipe section. It's perfect to take some to work each day and nuke!! I also by that bacon that's already cooked and have a few pieces also with each day!! It's a great breakfast and very filling!!
Good luck
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 12:11

Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

how about making french toast? I use lc bread an egg and some cinnamon. I make enough to nuke it the next morning. Same with Atkins pancake mix. Also, a very filling breakfast is french "toast" made with pork rinds. I make enough of that to freeze and nuke as needed. Check the recipe forum because the pork rinds "french toast" is really very good. Also what about a portion of mushrooms fried in butter?

Oh, one more good option is buy some Keto oatmeal and keep it at school/work. Boil some water and just add to one scoop. Stir and eat. It's great and filling.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 12:22
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I think there are something like 16 grams of carbs in an apple, so I wouldn't suggest a whole apple for breakfast. Especially in the absence of protein, as the effect on your blood sugar would be pretty bad.

I cook a pack of bacon (OK, maybe two packs) on the weekend and keep it in the fridge. Then in the morning I stick a few cooked pieces in a baggie and reheat them at work. Only takes about 12-15 seconds in the microwave.

I also really like the pizza quiche for breakfast. I eat it cold, so it's very portable. Make a big one and cut into pieces to freeze. Yum!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 12:28

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

My breakfast EVERY workday morning--

14 slices Pepperoni
1/2 oz of Swiss cheese
1/2 small green pepper sliced

I toss it in a zip-lock and toss it in my back pack. I get to work, pull it out at my desk-- instant (eggless) breakfast, no microwave needed. Added bonus-- eating all 3 in the same bite tastes like pizza.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 12:29
Registered Member

Stats: 275/237/210
BF:
Progress: 58%

I am NOT a morning person.. so cooking is out..

My usual breakfast is a protein shake (GNC whey and egg protein shake) with a dash of olive oil (yummy) and a dash O flax seed oil..2 eggs... blend until it looks better than it smells.. than down the hatch...

I wash that all down with about 12 oz of water and 5,000+ vitamins and suppliments that we take (well.. only about 12 pills.. but....)

While I am trying to keep down the taste, I take a few minutes and toss some salad, meets, and cheese in zip locks for lunch..

I ingest breakfast
I eat a lunch
but I savor and relish my dinners.. you can't have em all.. but this works for me
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 12:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 149/138/124 Female 63"
BF:22%
Progress: 44%

Thanks for all the postings here.. great advise, and I wasn't even looking for any!! wo ho!!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

Since I have gone back to work, I dont have time for the bacon and egg breakfast. So I roll up some ham and swiss or some buffalo chicken slices with muenster and take them to work. They really satisfy and keep me til lunch.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:04

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Like was mentioned previously, hard boiled eggs and bacon can be made the day before. The bacon can be nuked. Cheese and veggies such as celery with unsweetened peanut butter and plain goat yogurt ( 5 grams of carbs per 1/2 cup ).Apples are pretty much a "no-no" but you can have strawberries ( put them in the yogurt with some splenda ).
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:10

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Since fall started I have had an apple craving so I control that by having 1/4 an apple for breakfast thinly sliced and put a tablespoon of peanut butter with it. usually I have something with that like a chunk of cheese or whipped cream or a slice of low carb bread or whatever. The apple you can prepare in advance by cutting it into 4 pieces and keeping each in the fridge. It works rather nicely!