Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 14:15

Plan: The Formula 40-30-30
Stats: 133/128.5/102 Female 5' 0
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Shopping List

Hi,

Tomorrow I am going to the supermarket to stock up on some LC foods. I am wondering what you consider as staples to have? What foods do you like to snack on or are easy to prepare for meals? I would appreciate it. Here is to Low Carbing it!
By the way, I resisted a bowl of Edy's Ice Cream and a Klondike. I made PB cookies from this site and they hit the spot!

Donna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 16:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271.5/233.5/210 Male 69 Inches
BF:35 - I am a Burger
Progress: 62%

Eggs, cheese, hamburger, steaks, romaine lettuce....

I always keep that stuff in the fridge....

Max
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/191/150 Female 5'2 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Eggs, ground meats, steak, chicken, fish (frozen shrimp and salmon in serving sizes are great to pull out of freezer quick), cheeses, heavy/whipping cream, sour cream, cream cheese, black olives, avocados, romaine lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, herbal teas (been drinking decaf Green Tea & Chamomile) and olive oil.

Happy shopping
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 17:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/250.5/190 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Good suggestions from all. I'd add a few more salad vegetables (tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, red onion, etc., but be sure to use these sparingly). Also stock up on some good deli meats for lunches and quick snacks .

I think one of the keys to success is to be prepared (you know, like a Boy Scout); don't let yourself run short of the LC staples.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 19:13
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Omega
Stats: 163/123/120 Female 5'4"
BF:no idea/too much
Progress: 93%

LOTS of cream cheese and "hot" Baken-ets. Makes a great snack and the cream cheese (thanks to an earlier poster) suppresses sugar cravings.