Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 06:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%
Angry High carb nightmare

I had a strange dream last night that I was sitting at a table eating a biscuit and a bowl of cereal with milk, feeling really guilty about it! When I woke up and realized it was a dream, I heaved a sigh of relief, LOL. I've heard of other people having these dreams, but this is the first I've had. Weird! (and no I haven't cheated, no reason why I should dream that)

Wendy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 08:49

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I've had those dreams too. Imaginary biscuits and milk are low-carb, so don't sweat it! I'm looking forward to my next chocolate dream ....

I STILL have that dream about having to take an exam for a class I've never attended - usually math, not my strong point, to say the least! Who knows what goes on in the ol' subconscious....

Rachel
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 11:13

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Oh my god I had a dream just like that, except it was french bread. I was eating dinner and talking to people, looked down at my plate and saw one little slice left, I had apparently eaten the whole loaf minus that slice. Started panicking until I woke up and had that same sigh of relief.....Whew it was just a dream.

Hehe glad I'm not the only one!

Raven
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 12:53

BF:

LOL, isn't that funny how we have those dreams? Well it's true, they're imaginary so they're low carb. Gotta see if I can have myself a nice chocolate dream tonight, haha!

Wendy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 17:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 276/276/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking food dreams

Hi all,
A couple of weeks ago I woke up feeling really guilty.My dream was eating chocolate peanut clusters.It took me close to an hour after waking up to relize I had not ate anything.Boy did I feel goofy.But they sure did taste good in my dream.LoL
Robibob
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 18:26

Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default LC dreams

I to have the dreams about food. I don't just dream about a specific item, its a whole meal and its always very specific. When I wake, I can no longer remember much else about the dreams aside from the food and how my stomach hurt because I ate so much.

My dream binges always have lasagna, spaghetti, tacos, tamales and fried rice. All the foods that bring comfort and pounds, I use to dream about steaks and hamburgers but that's been tossed to the side since I became LC.

Have sweet and savory dreams

goingfor60
Shannon
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 18:33

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Scary Movies

Sounds like scary movies for sure.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 18:56
Registered Member

Plan: Attkins
Stats: 210/198/165 Female 5'6 1/2''
BF:
Progress: 27%

How long have ya'll been on this low carb eating style? I am in my third week, is this what I have to look forward to?? Kinda scary, but I am not craving anything really, well maybe tortillias. And when I give myself a free day i will have ice cream!! Real stuff, not in a dream.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 22:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 244/224/130 Female 5' 3" (should be 6'3")LOL
BF:
Progress: 18%

I hate dreams like that. I really hate it when you wake up disoriented and not certain if the dream was real. Yikes, I hate that.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 03:17

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

.....How long have ya'll been on this low carb eating style? I am in my third week, is this what I have to look forward to??

Actually I think I had that french bread nightmare around my 3rd night of induction. (On day 13 now...1 more day woo).

Raven
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 05:15

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hmmmm, I never have these night mares..LOL....I sleep like a baby.....I feel so left out....LOL
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 05:41

BF:

Wow, I guess this is pretty common amongst us huh?! I've been LC for 7 weeks now I think, and that was the first highcarb dream I've had. Hopefully won't have too many more, lol!

Don't feel bad Wendy, there's guilt in the dreams too, just like if we "cheated" in real life, LOL!

Wendy
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 06:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 244/224/130 Female 5' 3" (should be 6'3")LOL
BF:
Progress: 18%

I think it is common to have night terrors when you make a life style change. I remember having terrible dreams when I stopped smoking.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 07:26

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

i have a recurring dream that i've had all my life! i'm locked in a room made of chocolate. i suddenly realize that i can eat my way out!

i quit smoking 9 years ago this october. i still dream that i'm smoking and i'm feeling soooo guilty!

rachel, i have the same dream. i'm standing outside a classroom waiting to write and exam. same as you i haven't attended any classes! i graduated in 1975 with honours! what's with this dream!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 15:06
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I haven't dreamed about food for a while, but I have in the past dreamed about smoking cigarettes one after another until they were gone, but I've never smoked!

Elihnig