Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   High carb nightmare (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=18847)

wenderwomn Tue, Sep-04-01 06:11

High carb nightmare

I had a strange dream last night that I was sitting at a table eating a biscuit and a bowl of cereal with milk, feeling really guilty about it! When I woke up and realized it was a dream, I heaved a sigh of relief, LOL. I've heard of other people having these dreams, but this is the first I've had. Weird! (and no I haven't cheated, no reason why I should dream that) :confused:

Wendy

r.mines Tue, Sep-04-01 08:49

I've had those dreams too. Imaginary biscuits and milk are low-carb, so don't sweat it! I'm looking forward to my next chocolate dream ....

I STILL have that dream about having to take an exam for a class I've never attended - usually math, not my strong point, to say the least! Who knows what goes on in the ol' subconscious....

Rachel

Raven Tue, Sep-04-01 11:13

Oh my god I had a dream just like that, except it was french bread. I was eating dinner and talking to people, looked down at my plate and saw one little slice left, I had apparently eaten the whole loaf minus that slice. Started panicking until I woke up and had that same sigh of relief.....Whew it was just a dream.

Hehe glad I'm not the only one!

Raven

wenderwomn Tue, Sep-04-01 12:53

LOL, isn't that funny how we have those dreams? Well it's true, they're imaginary so they're low carb. Gotta see if I can have myself a nice chocolate dream tonight, haha! ;)

Wendy

Robibob Tue, Sep-04-01 17:56

food dreams

Hi all,
A couple of weeks ago I woke up feeling really guilty.My dream was eating chocolate peanut clusters.It took me close to an hour after waking up to relize I had not ate anything.Boy did I feel goofy.But they sure did taste good in my dream.LoL ;)
Robibob

goingfor60 Tue, Sep-04-01 18:26

LC dreams

I to have the dreams about food. I don't just dream about a specific item, its a whole meal and its always very specific. When I wake, I can no longer remember much else about the dreams aside from the food and how my stomach hurt because I ate so much.

My dream binges always have lasagna, spaghetti, tacos, tamales and fried rice. All the foods that bring comfort and pounds, I use to dream about steaks and hamburgers but that's been tossed to the side since I became LC.

Have sweet and savory dreams
;)
goingfor60
Shannon

Sharon Tue, Sep-04-01 18:33

Scary Movies

Sounds like scary movies for sure.

Karen_Mc Tue, Sep-04-01 18:56

How long have ya'll been on this low carb eating style? I am in my third week, is this what I have to look forward to?? Kinda scary, but I am not craving anything really, well maybe tortillias. And when I give myself a free day i will have ice cream!! Real stuff, not in a dream. :D

shelley Tue, Sep-04-01 22:28

I hate dreams like that. I really hate it when you wake up disoriented and not certain if the dream was real. Yikes, I hate that.

Raven Wed, Sep-05-01 03:17

.....How long have ya'll been on this low carb eating style? I am in my third week, is this what I have to look forward to??

Actually I think I had that french bread nightmare around my 3rd night of induction. (On day 13 now...1 more day woo).

Raven

numberonewendy Wed, Sep-05-01 05:15

Hmmmm, I never have these night mares..LOL....I sleep like a baby.....I feel so left out....LOL

wenderwomn Wed, Sep-05-01 05:41

Wow, I guess this is pretty common amongst us huh?! I've been LC for 7 weeks now I think, and that was the first highcarb dream I've had. Hopefully won't have too many more, lol! ;)

Don't feel bad Wendy, there's guilt in the dreams too, just like if we "cheated" in real life, LOL! :D

Wendy

shelley Wed, Sep-05-01 06:59

I think it is common to have night terrors when you make a life style change. I remember having terrible dreams when I stopped smoking. :eek:

debbiedobson Wed, Sep-05-01 07:26

i have a recurring dream that i've had all my life! i'm locked in a room made of chocolate. i suddenly realize that i can eat my way out!:D

i quit smoking 9 years ago this october. i still dream that i'm smoking and i'm feeling soooo guilty!

rachel, i have the same dream. i'm standing outside a classroom waiting to write and exam. same as you i haven't attended any classes! i graduated in 1975 with honours! what's with this dream!:confused:

Elihnig Wed, Sep-05-01 15:06

I haven't dreamed about food for a while, but I have in the past dreamed about smoking cigarettes one after another until they were gone, but I've never smoked!

Elihnig