Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 09:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Jill, I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

These gummi and jello recipes sound great.

My son is home sick today with pink eye, an ear infection and a sore throat. I was making him soup when I came back upstairs only to find that he dumped my powder all over my bed and room. He just doesn't know how to slow down. My daughter is also home with a cold and stiff neck. They had Mon & Tues off of school. Guess they didn't want mom to miss them. They are the coolest kids & I just love having them home. Just wish they weren't sick. Hope everyone has a great day. Blessings, Maureen
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 10:33
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile

I am sick today and your cabbage rolls made me think of the wonderful boiled dinner my Stepmom makes. I made a lazy man's version and boy was it wonderful... I cut up some ham and added some coleslaw cabbage(already sliced and ready to go), some garlic, and pepper and just covered it with water. Put a lid on the saucepan and let it boil for awhile till the cabbage was mushy. I poured off the broth and drank it, then put the cabbage and ham in a bowl and topped it with some butter I felt so pampered! I have to say it again... I LOVE THIS WOE!!!!!!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

OK Everyone with creative ideas, lol. I need help. My DD comes home yesterday and says she has tomake an ornament for school. It is due tomorrow, any ideas?
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 15:24

BF:

Ornament for what (theme)and how old is she 8?

If it's for Christmastime take a glass ornament and sponge on glue then roll it in glitter. Hang it up to dry. If you don't want to do that much work - use a clear ornament ball and stuff it with stuff ie: confetti, tinsel. Or take an old or new Christmas card with a scene. Cut it out to desired shape and trim with ric rac (spelling?) or glitter (we love glitter lol) make a hole at the top and thread some ribbon through. Make homemade dough (if you have the ingredients) and make whatever she wants as a design. Or mix cinnamon and white glue and form into desired shape. Press hole through top. I think you let it air dry and thread ribbon through it.

Have fun, Maureen

Last edited by want2bfit : Wed, Nov-12-03 at 15:34.
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 21:21

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Angie K--Thanks! I will use it with my unsweetened Kool-aid. The extra Knox you mention sure makes sense. Mine was kind of thick already, so 2 pkts more will help. I will need to add Splenda.

This is the only way I make jello now--can't stand the taste or bloating caused from aspartame.
Thanks, Angie!

Thanks Cindylynn for the kind words!

Terry that sounds scrumptious! You must've smelled the whole neighborhood with your homecooking. That cut up prepackaged cabbage sounds awesome!

Maureen---oh boy. Sigh. what a day you must've had. Hope your kids feel better soon. Too bad about your powder. I suppose you remember the rule of motherhood: When it's quiet, go looking!
Hope you're healing well now. Are you?

I submitted a few more articles to different markets. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Fishburg, tell us how your daughter did. Is this because of her pain from XC?

If I left anyone out, it's not intentional.

Thanks again for the gummi recipe. Hugs, Annie
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 11:38

Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking

Annie- Wow your granddaughter is so perfect! God Bless her.
Did you ever find a recipe for Chocolate Pudding?

Jill- Sending only good thoughts for You and your Daughter.

Terry- Sweetie, hope you get to feeling better.

I hope you all are doing great. For some reason, I'm cheating alot, not going over my carbs limit for the day but..... just eating lots of stuff I shouldn't.
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 13:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Well, all my jogging and walking paid off last night. My holler got blocked last night with the rain and I had to leave my truck at the mouth of it and walk, jog home. It was still pouring the rain so I ran half way which is not very far but I still would never had made it a month ago. I got to my driveway and had to wade water almost up to my knees. Luckily it only damaged the roads and nothing else. I was so scared for my horses because one of them was out. I put them both up until the water went down. All is well today except our road is in terrible shape now.
I am up to jogging 20minutes and walking 25, not all at once of course. I have to rotate each but at least I have went from 5 minutes to 20 just this week.
Have a good day everyone and my prayers are with you all, especially those having a rough time.
  #128   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 20:08

BF:

Sheila, you are doing awesome with the jogging. So glad everything is safe. We are getting a really bad wind storm. We also had some snow today. Yeah

Terry, thanks for your concern. Today my daughter was feeling worse. Took her to the doctors and she has strep. They did a full neurologcal exam anyway since she had a headache.

My sons pink eye is much better. Hopefully he is going to school tomorrow. My daughter is suppose to get her expander taken out. I think there will be quite a bit of pain for her since its been in over a year. Guess who feels like she is coming down with strep. Told my husband tonight that I feel like going to a hotel by myself just to get a good night sleep. My son was soooo cute. He wakes me up during the night by asking if I want to snuggle with him. Then he says "is that a good idea"? Well of course it is.

Zuleka, you can do it. We are all here for support.

Annie, hope you hear something soon.

Love to all, Maureen
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 00:30

BF:

Hi Gang...
Sheila: You are really making progress with your healthy lifestyle. You're such an inspiration. I bet your daughter especially looks up to you! Keep up the good workouts.

I didn't realize Kentucky had a lot of rain. Is it unusual to have this much?

Maureen: I am so sorry to hear of daughter's strep. Did they give her a shot in the ol' patootie or is it the oral med? Mine always got the shot because then you're not contagious after 24 hours. But thanks to modern meds, now the oral does the same thing! Sure hope you don't get it. Better watch it and get the culture done Maureen! Are you susceptible to germs now from the radiation? I will keep you in my prayers.

Your son is probably the best medicine of all, don't you think?

Zuleka
, I never heard about the chocolate pudding q, but thanks for asking. Think I'll post it over on the kitchen site. How have you been lately?

Hugs to all. Keep up the LC'ing. We need each other as the holidays approach!

Annie-Pie
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 05:13

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Annie- I just have to say.... You look radiant! You have such beautiful skin!
Gee- you'd think that you gave birth to that little bundle of joy
Let's see one of you looking at the camera.
That baby is absolutely gorgeous! Just like Grandma!

Heather
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 08:45

BF:

Heather, Thanks for the compliment, it means more than you know. I have severe roseacea and the only makeup that will cover now is Dermablend. I hate wearing so much of it.

Clinique used to look so good and transparent but then the roseacea got much worse. Of couse it's baby Kaylin that makes everything and everyone beam with joy!

Fishburg: How is your daughter doing? Let us know ok?

Heather: Maybe you answered me and I didn't see it with all my distractions, but can you please tell us how you lost your weight, any tips, etc?

Hugs to all! Friday's here, baby!

Annie-Pie
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 14:52

BF:

Annie, such a beautiful picture. You certainly don't look like a grandma. How is everyone doing. Hope mom & dad are getting some sleep. I agree with Heather. We would love to see your beautiful face. I thought the one you've had up is beautiful but now seeing the new ones I think you may be looking younger.

Jill, do let us know how things are going for your daughter.

Well, it's my turn now. I'm on antibiotics. The kids are feeling better but they wanted to stay home. I love having them around so we spent the day together again. Today we had orzo for a comfort food after my daughters expander was removed but that was lunch and it's behind us (probably literally). Hope everyone has a great weekend. Blessings, Maureen
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 16:42
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 186/171/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Annie, what a little sweetie-pie! I know you are in grandma heaven right now. Just wait till she gives you your first smile.
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 21:38

BF:

Tex Lady, Thanks! I actually got a REAL smile this week, when she was 11 days old. I talk to her and she smiles!

Does anyone know how Fishburg's daughter's ankles are doing?
I haven't been here a lot.

Annie
  #135   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:47

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Heather: Maybe you answered me and I didn't see it with all my distractions, but can you please tell us how you lost your weight, any tips, etc?

Annie- That's a hard question. I was very depressed. Disgusted with myself. I hated looking in the mirror. I could barely stand to even look at my face to put make-up on. All I saw was a doubled chinned fat slob who didn't even look like me anymore. My clothes didn't fit so I stayed in the house most of the time. If I did have to go out, I'd put it all in one day so as not to have to go through it again tomorrow. I was embarrassed to go clothes shopping so I ordered dresses through Eddie Baurer catalogs. Good quality clothes made me feel alittle better. July 3,2001 we left for Disney. Came home and saw the pictures. Mortified! Started listening to Anthony Robbins. Talking about the pain. I sure felt pain! I started associating all the sugar and simple carb food with the pain of being fat! I had been on Atkins when I was a kid.(7th grade) It was more of the Candida (sp) WOE. I did get to drink goats milk! WOO HOO! YUCK! Anyway, I remembered how I lost 20lbs over x-mas vacation and never gained it back again. Till I got preg. 6yrs later. So I new that is what I had to do again. It helped a LOT that my husband also needed to loose weight! Even my daughter! We just were out of control!

A lot more than what you wanted to know about me Annie. If it's ok with you, I'll do this in steps.

Trick- anytime I wanted something illegal- I thought of the PAIN I had of being FAT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forum defining fat moment.jpg (14.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by liddle : Sun, Nov-16-03 at 07:09.