Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 14:45
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%
Default Not drinking enough water? How about a challenge?

I'm told that you should take your body weight, divided that in half, and drink that number in ounces per day. Up until recently, I crowed with glee if I even did the generally recommended 64 oz's per day. I seem to be doing well on other challenges, so I was wondering if anyone else was up for joining me in this one? I would like to drink a minimum of 103 oz of water for six week to see if it makes a big difference in weight loss. Hopefuly by then it will have become a WOL.

Gabrielle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 10:55
Gold Member

No one else needs a little push to drink more water? Yesterday I choked down 7 bottles
so:

11/11/03= 112+ oz

Gabrielle
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:04
Registered Member

Plan: BFL/kinda SBDish for eats
Stats: 335/278/215 Male 6'6"
BF:
Progress: 48%

I will go for it with ya. It will mean me drinking like 159 ounces a day for a bit, but I am already doing like 120ish. Sounds good... 6 weeks eh? hmmm....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:06
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%

I'll give it a go for the next week, but then I'm off to India for 3 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up there too.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 12:14
Gold Member

Awsome thanks for joining me folks. I'm trying for six mostly because I want to see what i'll be at on my 32 birthday. Regardless I'm feeling better then I did on my 31st. If I do it for six weeks I know it will become a habit.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 12:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

this helps me out a lot....i fill a 64 oz jug to the brim and keep it nearby....it must be finished by the end of the day! i also drink other water during the day and i consider that all bonus--but i can't go to sleep until that jug is empty! it's good motivation to finish it early--that way i don't have to be up all night long!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 13:29
Registered Member

Stats: 187/115/115 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm in...I'm in...I'm in. I love water!! ..,... so this should be real easy for me.... I drink plenty of it everday .... at my work they have water coolers all over so I fill up my 48oz... and drink away. I will say for those who are just trying it out... IT WORKS!! I used to drink about 2 or 3 sodas a day (a big no no) and now it will be a year for me this January that my body has not had a soda... instead I drink water with everything. It has made a huge difference in my skin and my appearance... I feel better not to mention my metabolism is regular along with alot of weight loss these past months. I know it works. Anyways I will join you and continue to drink my water... also guys dont forget your multivitamin you need one if your drinking that much water. Later.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 13:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/182.5/140 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'm in I know I need to drink more. I guess that means about 90 ounces. This would be a really good habit. But I have to make sure I get this done at work. That gives me more than enough time to, ah, well get ready for bed if you know what I mean
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 13:54
Gold Member

Good point about the multi thenewme. And letsgo I DO KNOW what you mean. I was told it gets better after your body gets used to the water. I got up about 5 times last night.

Gabrielle
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 10:40

Stats: 143/137/115 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'll get in on this too...let's see, I would need about 68oz...tat seems reasonable...I guess too bad water tastes so darn bad.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 19:43
Gold Member

Welcome Rory12. 68oz seems really reasonable. of course that could be because I'd rather drink that then 103 oz.

So how did everyone do yesterday? I barely made it. I was drinking water right up until I went to bed. I finally had to guzzle the last bottle and I paid for it by going to the bathroom about six times during the night. I would have liked to have drank a bit more but:

11/11/03= 112+ oz
11/12/03= 112+ oz

Gabrielle

Last edited by GabrielleG : Thu, Nov-13-03 at 23:52.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 23:35
Registered Member

Stats: 154/152/130 Female 5'6
BF:how do you know?
Progress: 8%

hey guys i think ill join you all too. i need to figure out how much 75 oz will be. i hope it doesnt kill me! i am wondering, do you all think i would need to drink even more than half my weight if im taking in caffeine which i am sure dehydrates you and taxes your liver (kidneys? wow, so long since bio) and all that bad stuff ?

have you guys noticed a difference with regards to weight loss and water intake?

i hear the whoosh fairy is tied in pretty closely with the water goddesses.

thanks!
mossygyrl
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 21:01
Gold Member

Hey mossygyrl.,

I noticed that I dropped like 6 pounds last week but I'm not sure if it was just the water. I regulated salt and got rid of the diet cokes all together. Yesterday I did well with the water but today I'm not. It's 7:30 and i'm only at 58 oz.

11/11/03= 112+ oz
11/12/03= 112+ oz
11/13/03=116+ 0z

Gabrielle
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:30

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I'll join you guys! I really am sporadic on my water intake. Somedays I'll think about it and drink a lot and other days I don't. Let's see, I would need to drink about 104oz of water. 104oz/8oz = 13 1/2 cups of water. Another thing I've heard is that you should drink 1 quart (4 cups) of water for every 50lbs of body weight. In that case I would need to drink 16 cups of water...I will at least go for the 13 cups.
Today I have had three cups of water so far..and it's almost 9pm. Well, I'm gonna be up for a while I might as well go for it. Off the kitchen I go....
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:49
Gold Member

[QUOTE=jaybird]Another thing I've heard is that you should drink 1 quart (4 cups) of water for every 50lbs of body weight. In that case I would need to drink 16 cups of water...QUOTE]

Aww man don't tell me that LOL. I already feel like I'm sloshing when I walk. I didn't make the water yesterday. Basicaly I started drinking pretty late and could never pick it back up. Worst part is I was still getting up all night. Today will be much better I'm already past the 80 oz of yesterday. BTW welcome Jaybird and everyone else thats joined us. At least I know im not the only one that hasn't been drinking their water.

11/11/03= 112+ oz
11/12/03= 112+ oz
11/13/03=116+ oz
11/14/03=80 + oz

Gabrielle