Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 08:43

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%
Unhappy help im feeling scared

ok....its day 37 and for some reason i woke up feeling scared. i think im sooooo worried that i might fail at this attempt to lose weight that im just crazy scared!! everyone i know knows im on this diet and is watching me like a hawk...lol....and I know i am on the diet so i dont want to dissapoint myself....gawddd....and i hope im doing everything right and not eating too many carbs, etc etc etc ...im just going to go crazy.... i have been getting big for 10 years while having 3 kids, but in my head im NOT who i see in the mirror...its pissing me off!! dammitttttt...i know all i can do is just keep on track and not lose my head but i cant shake this weird scared feeling im having inside today. Someone say something nice and get me movin on pleaseeeeeeeeee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 10:30
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Pammiejoewe all feel scared sometimes espcially when starting on new ventures. I certainly have had the feeling. You have lost 20 lbs that is an indication that you ARE NOT GOING TO FAIL! You can't fail on this diet - you just keep plugging along - marke an error and cheat - just get back on the wagon ASAP and continue on. This is a life long venture, a new WOL - let the 'others' watch you - let them admire you as you continue to loose weight and get healthier!!

You are doing this for yourself - the 'others' will share in your increased flexibility and energy but the major winner is YOU. You will feel better physically, look better and feel better about yourself as the weight falls off.

Now say after me three times - I can do it! I can do it! I can do it! We are all routing for you.

#3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 11:24

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Awww...that was a nice cheery post Bjuba!

I am right there with you..I am doing sort of badly right nw and off plan and not losing BUT...I will NOT fail!

we will NOT fail ourselves... just dont demand a certain weight loss by a date..my goals are something I strive for and I dont expect to necessarily hit them on time but I sure can try...

I think we have a lot in common though..I feel afraid..I dont want to fail anyone! my mother my husband...my sister who constantly tells me that you cannot live and eat this way and that eventually I'll gain it all back. I need to prove it to my In Laws who are so obsessed with weight watchers but either starving or yo-yo dieting...

we can do this!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 14:17
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Not that I have any cute remarks but I do have a bit of wisdom given me when I first signed on here:
low-carbing always works when you work it!
After your wonderful health gain by losing those 20 pounds you know how to get healthier; how to live life happier; how to live life fuller...
So...your choice. There is nobody here with words of wisdom that can change what you will choose for you. But we all pray you choose what is BEST for you! And your family!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 14:47
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

I looked in the dictionary the other day under "cute remarks" and it said: See MrE.! --------------------------------------------------------

Hi Pammiejoe, you'll be fine, just hang in there. I'm scared too. I know how to be big and fat, but I don't know how to be normal. I'll just have to learn how when I get there.

People start to notice weight loss, it can't be helped. I didn't tell anyone I was changing my eating habits, I just did it. My DW was the only one that knew. Too many times in the past I found myself talking too much and following through not enough.

Now I just keep going about my business and when I get a compliment I just say thanks and smile.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 15:43

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

everyone is helping me sooo much!! I already feel better...and YES>>>I CAN DO IT!! I WILL DO IT!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 15:52

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

YES you can do this.....we are all living proof THIS WOL works....

Keep on smiling....
Janet
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 17:43

Stats: 235/145/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I don't know if I'm allowed to post here, because I don't have 100+ pounds to lose anymore, but here goes.......

I relate to that feeling of fear. What if the pounds never come off? This fear still eats at me sometimes, even though now I have only 18 pounds to go.

Those extra pounds will go away. Mine will. Yours will. Just keep eating right and focus on the goal.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 17:55
Registered Member

Stats: 241/196/140 Female 64 in
BF:?????
Progress: 45%

You can do it because this WOL works. Keep going, follow the plan and don't let anyone deter you. If you fall off, get right back on. It is so worth it when others start to notice the loss. It will motivate you like never before.