Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141.5/119/105 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Low Carb Taco Shells

I don't get how it works
I bought some La Tiara Taco Shells-they are delicious!
But I looked at the ingredients and its corn, water and vegetable shortening. Same ingredients as Taco Bell Shells. So how can they be only 1 carb?
And they aren't even promoted as Low Carb, nowhere on the box does it say Low Carb. I'm not complaining- because they're awesome but what makes them different and why aren't stores and LC websites promoting/selling them. I can only find them on ebay.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:15

Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Question Go figure?

[QUOTE=solamander]I don't get how it works

But I looked at the ingredients and its corn, water and vegetable shortening. Same ingredients as Taco Bell Shells. So how can they be only 1 carb?QUOTE]

I don't know about the taco shells because I haven't seen them. However, I bought a "Low-Carb" cookbook this weekend WITHOUT leafing through it first (BIG mistake). It was full of recipes containing white flour, corn, potatoes, etc.! Should have taken it back!

Anyhoo.......I thought white flour products were "out" entirely on this WOE, but when I look at the list of foods you can have "Regularly, Moderately, Sparingly," in Dr. Atkins book, it lists food on the "sparingly" list and "moderation" list that I thought were no-no's. So.......I get confused, too! Sometimes I think maybe I'm being TOO strict with this WOE. When I read "No White Flour," I just assume it means "never." Guess not.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:25

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Sola
I live across the river in ILL. I checked out the auction, and the seller is in MO. Soooooo, seeing his pic of the package. I have seen these in my stores, Trying to figure out which ones LOL. I will diffently check this out. In fact any of the MO, and IL members, If you get a chance to check these out at the store before I do Please Post. Can't Remmber the price eaither. Thinking the store, is shop n save or schunks. Happy hunting LOL. If I find these shells and they are only 1 carb each then I will really be in Heaven
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:28
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

They do have a website where you can order them by the case or by the box if you are interested.

http://www.lowcarbtacoshells.com./shells.shtml
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
Sola
I live across the river in ILL. I checked out the auction, and the seller is in MO. Soooooo, seeing his pic of the package. I have seen these in my stores, Trying to figure out which ones LOL. I will diffently check this out. In fact any of the MO, and IL members, If you get a chance to check these out at the store before I do Please Post. Can't Remmber the price eaither. Thinking the store, is shop n save or schunks. Happy hunting LOL. If I find these shells and they are only 1 carb each then I will really be in Heaven

I already have a box I bought last week on ebay-they are great-you will be in heaven! (and they're only 37 calories too) We had a TAco Bar last night and I'm having the leftovers for lunch today.
I did a google search and found more info here:

but I still don't understand how they can be low carb

Calories - 37 Calories from Fat - 19
Total Fat - 2.3g 4%
.....Saturated Fat .5g 2%
Cholesterol - 0g 0%
Sodium - 4mg 01%
Total Carbohydrate - 4g 2%
.....Dietary Fiber - 3g 1%
.....Sugars - 2g
Protein - .4g 1%
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beans4me
They do have a website where you can order them by the case or by the box if you are interested.

dang I type so slow LOL
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:39

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

OKKKKK
I just called my local Shop n Save they do carry them and the sell for $1.49 a box of 12. YOOOOHOOOO I am in Heaven and didn't know it LOL.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
OKKKKK
I just called my local Shop n Save they do carry them and the sell for $1.49 a box of 12. YOOOOHOOOO I am in Heaven and didn't know it LOL.

I paid $8.50 (with shipping on ebay) for a box of 18!
I think I will buy a case -they'll last long time and then I can break some up and use for chips-right now I'm treating them like gold