Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 05:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/186/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default I can't stop cheating....HELP!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I haven't lost any weight for 3 weeks. Stuck at 163. Halloween was hard. I had about 2-3 snack chocolate bars everyday from October 28th through November 3rd. I threw out the leftover chocolate from the boy's stash and left them the non-chocolate candy to enjoy(step 1). Yesterday I began Jazzercize which was great(step 2). I went all day without cheating until dinner. I was totally craving grilled cheese on real bread and I had it. I will try again today. No cheating....I must make it today or I don't know what will happen. I am hoping the extra exercize and getting back to cheat free will help my stall. I haven't gained at all which is good but who knows how much I could've lost if I stuck with the plan. What the heck is going on???

Martha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 05:43
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Martha, you want we should come over there and hit you?

Just trying to help. You are going to have a hard road ahead of you, I am thinking about that first cheat free day. But once you get one day under your belt hopefully it will be easier the next. You have come to far to fall back into old habbits now. Stop yourself be its to late. Just think, if you get back into the swing of things, next week you can be ligher than today.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 05:44

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Martha, I'm with you girl. I know exactly how you are feeling right now!!! stupid halloween!!! We need to break the cycle so we are stronger and don't cheat... check in later ! I want to know how you did today!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 06:13

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 270/256/175 Female 5.5
BF:Afraid to Know
Progress: 15%

Martha i know exactly how you feel, i basically fooled around for the whole month of October after i made such an effort to lose 25lbs. by Halloween and 10 candies later i was so frustrated with myself that i decided that i was not gonna waste november and it was time that i seriously get my butt in check. I started induction on Sunday and i will be very honest and tell you that those evil cravings really gave me a hard time but i stuck it through and by the third day things started to calm down. today is my fourth day and i feel in contol and craving free........Gotta love this WOE.

Girl you just have to get real mad at yourself and decide that enough is enough, get back on induction and grind your teeth through the next three days when those cravings are active. I know you can do it because i was able to do it myself and believe me i was in a real sorry state. And the greatest thing is the 5lbs i gained during October when i was monkeying around i have already lost. So come on Martha i have a craving-free seat right next to me with your name on it
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 06:40
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 162/150/140 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 55%

Lots of people cheated during halloween...I think its the toughest holiday, because I <3 all of those stupid candies too...we all just have to start up again. No use in feeling sorry for yourself and getting down...that will just make things harder! One day at a time.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 09:08
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I think 3 days back on induction might help clear out the cravings also! When things get too tough for me, I feel like induction is like a safety net, automatic eating for me with no room for cheating. Once the cravings go away, I feel comfortable picking back up where I was before, without the cravings and then I don't add back what I think caused the cravings to start in the first place! good luck and let us know how you do.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 09:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Its interesting to see how our bodies react to sugar isnt it? You just have STOP! There isnt any easy way to do it, you gotta get back on induction. The cravings are going to probably last a few days. Just drink tons of water, and keep healthy food around you to munch on.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:11

BF:
Default Just checking in...

It is 11:26am here in Wisconsin and I have been cheat free so far. Even went to Jazzercise again. Had a great breakfast of steak and two eggs. So far so good. Drank a ton of water already too. I know I CAN DO THIS. Thanks for all your encouragement.

Martha
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:17
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Martha-- also, be sure to fill up on veggies. They really help.

It's hard, but you can do it!

My favorite book now is the Ultimate Weight Solution by good ol' Dr Phil. He's really helped my get a grip on teh cheat/crave/binge cycle I lapse into now and again!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 12:34

Stats: 194/182.5/140 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I have to agree with potatofree. Why is it ok for us to cheat? What excuse do we give ourselves? It's also very important to really thank ourselves for every little decision we make that's good. Today, we have had a chocolate cake for Nov. bday's. And now they just came back with a spread from Olive Garden!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHH. But I haven't had cake (it's gone luckily) and I'm about the warm up my own lunch from home. But damn I have to admit the garlic bread smell is intoxicating
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 12:37
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

bafmrf, you're half way to goal — don't let anything stop you now! I know it's tough, but what it boils down to is this: Before you eat something off-plan, ask yourself if it's worth being fat for. It almost never is, in the end.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 06:29

BF:
Default I Did It...

And I feel great. I think today will be no problem.

Thanks again everyone.

Martha
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 09:59

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Try eating the cheat food naked, in front of a mirror.
I've heard that is really helpful.
I've never actually done it, but the thought of doing it stops me 9 times out of 10!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 10:15
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

You have to be ready and STOP and then the next time you see something you can't have... Just remind yourself what happens when you let yourself have one.

As far as the grilled cheese. I bought the Adkins Bread. (I loved Wheat Bread prior and I think it tastes real similar). I keep the loaf in the freezer and only a few pieces in a zip lock bag. Once in a while, I'll still have a grilled cheese sandwich.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 11:16
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkpam
Try eating the cheat food naked, in front of a mirror.
I've heard that is really helpful.
I've never actually done it, but the thought of doing it stops me 9 times out of 10!

That would be interesting at work..