Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/325/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Have any of you tried the new Klondike icecream

popcicles? My mom bought some the other night and says they are great! They say on the front for low carb dieting. One is fuge and the front of the box says 3 net grams of carbs but the back says 7 grams on the back on the nutritional lable I think. The other is vanilla with chocolate coating 5 net grams on the front and 9 on the back. Which one do you count, net grams or regular grams listed on the back? I haven't tried them yet but my mom is VERY picky so for her to like them they must be good.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 12:01

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I have the fudge ones also and YUMMMMMY... the NET carbs count is correct it subtracts the sugar alcohol carbs... I'll tell you it seems like a nice amount for the carb count the Breyers seems like such a tny amount for the carb count. I want to try the chocolate coated one but need to get good reviews from others...
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 12:12
Registered Member

Stats: 325/325/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well Jessie, my mom says the chocolate coated ones are much better than the plain chocolate. So, if you think the plain chocolate is good then you will probably love the others! I will buy some this week when I do my shopping and try them myself
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 12:17

Stats: 212/180.5/145 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 47%

I've tried the fudge ones (3 grams) and I think they're great when you feel the need for something "dessert-like". I couldn't believe they were made with splenda!

You get 6 bars in a box and I've seen them range from $3.69 - $3.99 (Winn Dixie and Publix). So, not too bad at all.

My friend tried the chocolate coated vanilla ones and she said they're delicious.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 13:33
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

My DW keeps suggesting I get some sugar free ice cream as a treat. I can only speak for myself when I say I cannot have any and remain in control of my appetite. I must go cold turkey.

When I have dessert I blend together cream cheese, heavy cream, splenda, sugar free jello, and walnuts for a treat. Lately I have cut out all desserts to speed my weight loss.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 13:36

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

These contain High Fructose Corn Syrup (in other words, SUGAR) which is NOT allowed on Atkins.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 14:04

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Bummer.... Still a pretty good treat for every once in a while..but I definately think its easy to get carried away if you arent very careful! I have 1 bar a week....
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 14:05

Stats: 212/180.5/145 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCchickFL
These contain High Fructose Corn Syrup (in other words, SUGAR) which is NOT allowed on Atkins.

Well, my balloon just popped for the day. You're right, I just checked the label (fudge bars) and it does have corn syrup as one of the main ingredients. I cannot believe I missed that! I guess I was so busy jumping for joy in the middle of the grocery aisle, holding a box that to me said "3 grams of carbs and made with Splenda", that I overlooked the ingredients.

Also, I called my friend and she checked the label on her vanilla coated-chocolate covered bars. It says on the label that one of the chocolate coating ingredients is sugar! How do they get away with such deceptive advertising?

There's always a catch!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot 2 Trot

It says on the label that one of the chocolate coating ingredients is sugar! How do they get away with such deceptive advertising?

There's always a catch!

Actually, since they are not claiming that it is sugar free and it IS Low Carb (even though it's not allowed on Atkins), they are not really deceiving anyone. What they don't understand is that many LC programs do NOT allow sugar. I've written to them about it and asked that they come up w/something low carb AND sugar free.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:36
Contributing Member

Plan: ???
Stats: ???/???/??? Female ???
BF:
Progress: 10%

Has anyone seen sugar free Eskimo pies? I saw them in the supermarket and I think they were only a carb or 2 lower than the regular ones. I thought that was odd.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 23:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 10%

Atkins has some new popsicles that I think are very good! I had the peanut butter with chocolate crunchy on the outside. I couldn't believe they were LC, but they're Atkins so I know they are ok. I'm going to get the ones that don't have peanut butter soon. They are very big though. I only could eat about 1/2 of mine. Just ate all the crunchy coating and threw the rest away.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 10:09

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpj
Atkins has some new popsicles that I think are very good! I had the peanut butter with chocolate crunchy on the outside. I couldn't believe they were LC, but they're Atkins so I know they are ok. I'm going to get the ones that don't have peanut butter soon. They are very big though. I only could eat about 1/2 of mine. Just ate all the crunchy coating and threw the rest away.

Where did you find these popsicles? They sound yummy!!!

Windy
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 10:33
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

I have tried the Atkins ones and I agree they are about as good as a dove bar in my opinion. I did not have the penutbutter ones but im sure they are good too. Beware thoguh, they are a little too deliciouse. I purchased mine at my regular fred meyer grocery store.

Gabrielle

Last edited by GabrielleG : Thu, Nov-06-03 at 10:34.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 14:49

I had the atkins plain chocolate popsicle but haven't seen the PB ones yet. They sound great!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 15:00
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

actualy, now that you mention it, what I had was more like a icecream bar not really a popcycle but still only 3 net carbs acording to the box.