Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 14:44

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Question Abs question

Ok, so I'm flooding the board with questions today because I'm so excited to start!
So here's the deal. I've been doing abs daily for a year now. I have a tape by the Firm that has a 5 day program. I've gotten to the point where I strap 2.5 lb weights to each of my ankles and even that doesn't phase me anymore.
so my question is, how do you possibly change your intensity level on ab work? There is really no way to do an intensity level of 10 unless you are new to working out your abs. In the book they don't even use ankle weights, or change weights at all since you don't use any (Except for the decline sit ups in which you can use a weight on your stomach), yet he lists his ab work by intensity level just like any other exercise.
what gives???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 16:24
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sheri:

There are 2 links up under the BFL sticky that you might find of interest:

Ab Bootcamp
Ab Myths

I just started doing the ab bootcamp on my HIIT cardio days (instead of LBW days) and ouch!!!!!!

HTH,
Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Mon, Oct-27-03 at 11:03.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 19:47

Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%

Thanks again Wanda! I'll check that out.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 06:14
Get’n Skinny

Stats: 255/211/190 Male 73  (6'1")
BF:40%/30%/lower
Progress: 68%

I agree with Wanda…. I don’t care how much ab work you’ve done in the past, the ab boot camp will definitely tighten you up… Give it a try... I wish I had started it sooner in my challenge.
-Dave
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 18:14
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I feel like such a clutz doing the Ab bootcamp. This workout is so tough I only do 1 set for now and it's brutal. I think my form is a little off too on some. The first 3 are extremely hard to do especially the third one. I can't seem to get my form right. Any tips?

I'm definitely going to keep doing it if it works.

Peace
red
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 19:49
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Red:

Are you using an incline bench or just doing them on the mat? I started out on the incline and quickly switched to the mat. I'm just at the point where I can do a 2nd circuit. It's tough!

Wanda
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 20:36
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I must be doing it wrong. I do it at home, though I may switch to an incline bench at the gym. I definetly feel it, but am not extreamly sore.

I think there's either one of two things happening. Either the pilates has given me nice ab strength so I can keep up, or my form is way off. I plan to hit the gym tomarrow for cardio instead of trying to run, and will do the ab bootcamp there. I think I'll reread the web page and double check my form on all the exercises.