Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 13:16

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%
Default how has your loss changed over time??

i am curious about how or if your weight loss has changed over time.

for me, i started out pretty steady, 1-2lbs a week. then slam, after 50 lbs i am now all over the board. up and down, never the same from week to week. overall i am still in a downward direction (i think) but one week i am down 4 the next up 5, down 4, up 4, down 2, it is hard to keep track. (i weigh in once a week at the same time on the same scale)

any body else??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 13:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles

Hey hows it going? Im from medford, i lived in beaverton for a while. Yeah my weight jumps around ALOT. Unfortunatly I weigh myself everyday, its a hard habbit to break. I will go two weeks, lose nothing and then lose 4 lbs over night. Thats why I drink alot of water, because i retain is really really bad.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 12:08

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12

hey there, beverton to medford is quite the jump. do you like it down there? i live in hillsboro.

i am glad i am not the only one who jumps around. have you been jumpy since the beginning, or has it gotten worse the more you loose?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 13:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Mine was really fast initially (5 lbs in my 3rd week and 3 pounds a week thereafter.) But, after I started exercising regularly it slowed down by about 1 pound a week. But, my fat loss slowed down by <1/2 pound/week. My lean mass is actually increasing each week.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 15:53

Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

I lost 7lbs the first week which of course would be something like half water. Then I lost about 4lbs a week for the next about 4-6 weeks. Then it dropped to about 2lbs a week and now it's about 1lb or less a week. It's pretty slow loss now...more like a premaintenance. I could likely speed it up if I would limit the variety I'm now eating but I don't feel any risk of going of the WOE and as long as I'm losing it's all good!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 18:53
Registered Member

Stats: 175.8/132.6/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hello! I seem to stall right around the 10 lb loss mark. I just stay in strict induction and stop eating after 7:30 pm every night. After about a week, the scale inevitably moves down again. I also advise you to weigh only 1 time a week, when you first awake (after using the potty!), because weight fluctuates throughout the day. A weekly weigh-in seems to give me the most reliable number. Also...how are your clothes fitting? Often clothing is a better indicator of weight loss than the scale! Good luck and DON'T GIVE UP!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 20:28

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

When TOM comes I have a sort of stall or a few pounds gain. But after that time I usually lose all that was gained before and a couple more pounds too!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 12:03
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 210/193/130
BF:
Progress: 21%

It was pretty quick at first, but of course the slowdown occurred when I just HAD to start having strawberries in teh summer season- which also lead a to a couple of fruit smoothies & such- no artificial sugar, but I know the carb counts were too high for me then. I've adjusted to the slowdown, and havent actually gained at all. I do a "refeed" type of thing about ever month or so- and get a little wossh of a pound or two loss after that. (very weird I cant seem to lose without the refeed of carbs) I AM still losing inches too though, and once I was finally brave enough to measure- I can at least see the difference there, if not the scale. Plus, I have reacked my ccard up shopping for new smaller clothes! its so great to have things fit & not dread the dressing rooms
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 12:12

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I have slowed down to no apparent weight loss, the scale hasn't budged in over a month. However, the pants I bought snug are now loose.
And I'm probably getting close to my goal, which slows everyone down.