Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 05:12

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Angie - your eggs sounds great!!! You must be a great domestic goddest!!!

Tina that chicken sounds like it would melt in your mouth!!!

Well all I think I am starting to gobble!!! lol I lost my cheat sheild counter (again)!! Well it started on Friday (my birthday). We got pizza for the kids after the halloween happenings, and I was just eating the cheese off of my sons pizza. My hubby said go ahead it is your birthday - so I eat a whole peice. We that would not have been so bad except on Saturday we went to a High School football game (we lost), and I had a bowl of chilli. Then when we came home Hubby bought KFC and I had a large piece of chicken with breaded skin, stuffing, a bowl of potatoe chips and 4 peices of halloween candy!!!

Yes I am a carb addict!!! It was almost like being brainwashed!! I just could not help myself!!

Ok enough of that!! Back to induction again!!!

I love reading those recipes!!! Keep them coming!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 07:36

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Fishburg- Sorry to hear of your brainwashing. It can be really hard to fight. Don't be too hard on yourself though. If we never fell off due to uncontrollable urges or decisions to allow ourselfs something, we'd never know how to get back on the lc wagon. First thing you have to do is be honest with yourself.
Did you really try to fight those cravings or did you just give in? Be honest with yourself. Did you walk away, drink a lg. glass of water, get yourself something lc first, did you even think about the consequences this may have? This all relates to how you think about food. Do you see it as something pleasurable, like an event? You need to learn that food is just food. You need it to live. Yes, it can taste good, but don't make it entertainment. Think before you eat.

I've been doing Lc for a long time. Yes, I have cheated. I try to only make planned cheats now. This past spring I decided to go off Atkins.(STRESS of NURSING School, kids, hubby ect) I gave myself 5lbs. to play with. Some days I would kina watch what I ate and others, just didn't care. I weighed in everyday to see the damage and gage my day according to that. When I reached those 5lbs. I went back to induction level. It took a couple months but I soon realized I felt like crap! It's kinda like alcohol with me. I'm one of those people who just don't know when I've had enough. When I get sick, I'm really sick! Carbs are the same way. You're only going to be able to make yourself sick with carbs so many times before you realize it's just not worth it. You may be a slow learner like me, but you'll learn

I hope all this gives you something to think about. Please don't feel offended. This is for everyone struggling with those carb demons. Maybe it'll help, maybe not.

Take care,
Heather
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 08:58
~ReFINDing Terry~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up

Thanks Liddle, You sure helped me, in fact I may just copy your post and put it in my journal for safe keeping. I've only been Lcing for three months and haven't cheated by eating nonLC food yet. I was SUCH an ADDICT before, I am terrified to cheat. Afraid of losing this precious state I'm currently in and being unable to reach it again. There have however been days when I know I've eaten too much LC foods and that is what I'm working on now. I appreciate your thoughts and advice. Please keep them coming. We all benefit from other's wisdom.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 09:32

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Fishburg, Happy birthday to you. Today is a new day. Personally I would have had more then 1 pc of chicken if it was in front of me.

Tina, that recipe looks soooo good. I used to make chicken breasts with mayo and then dipped in cornflake crumbs but now I do it with ground pork rinds. It sounds delicious with the almonds.

Heather, thank you for sharing your wisdom. You are so right about having planned cheats. I have noticed when I cheat a little here and a little there when I'm done its not like I cheated on anything really memorable so it feels like I wasted a cheat. Thanks for all your great advice and support. By the way have you changed your goal weight? Love the picture you look great!!

Annie-Pie, when is that baby going to say hello to us????? Hope all is going well.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful support you have given. I so appreciate each of you. Blessings to all, Maureen

Last edited by want2bfit : Sun, Nov-02-03 at 09:37.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 11:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

This all relates to how you think about food. Do you see it as something pleasurable, like an event? You need to learn that food is just food. You need it to live. Yes, it can taste good, but don't make it entertainment. Think before you eat.

I am printing this out and putting it on my fridge in big bold letters.
My family saw food as entertainment. We never did anything unless food was involved. My mom was a superb cook and boy did she cook. Funny thing she always stayed skinny???????? The rest of us were always big.

Happy Birthday Fishburg.
If my kids were to read that line about my eggs they would have cracked up laughing. I don't cook alot and on holidays if I can get out of that i don't mind. My biggest excuse I make is that my house is too small--someone in my family always caves in and invites me. My kids are snackers, they don't like to eat a full meal. It must work because they are not overweight and are healthy (15 yrs, 17 yrs) But they snack on healthy foods not usually junk foods.
This WOE is making me have to cook, so just maybe I might get alittle better in that department.
angie
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 07:39

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Happy November and GOOD LUCK to you all. I have to make this short because I am at work. My goal for this month is to exercise more. I know that you people will encourage and keep me honest.

Hugs

Karen

Annie-Pie...Week 1...11/1-176#
Fishburg ...Week 1...11/1-241#
Zukeka ...Week 1...11/01-171#
Tina ... Week 1 .... 11/1- 226#
Heather...Week 1...11/1-129#
Maureen...Week 1...11/1-245#
CindyLynn...Week 1...11/1-143#
Sheila...Week 1...11/1-172#
Terry...Week 1...11/1-255#
Angie...Week 1...11/1-201.5
Karen...Week 1...11/1-233
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 08:34

Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning to everyone.

After my bout with the Halloween candy, I did good all weekend. I tried some new things and didnt go over carbs. My only problem is that I am addicted to peanut butter. I am going to try my best to not have any today and see if that helps things out.
I dont really have any recipes this week but I do have some suggestions. Fry fish and chicken and veggies in parmasean cheese (spelling) I dipped in egg and heavy cream batter and then dipped in the cheese, it makes a nice coating. I even ate fried zuccini this way. I am starting to get a little more veggies in, I ate broccoli, cauliflower and zuccini sat.and sun. I think that was a record for me. I didnt get to walk any over the weekend but I will get right back on the treadmill today as soon as my breakfast settles.

Have a good day everyone,
Sheila
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 09:00

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning, everyone!

Fishburg,

Happy birthday! You must've had a hoot on your day. Don't worry about the carbs you ate. Today is a new day, like Maureen said. We've all been there!

I know Heather is trying to help ALL of us because we ALL have been in your shoes! That's why I love this group--we are there to give a little push and shove and lots of love throughout the month. Right girls?

Fishburg I agree, I was addicted to carbs too. It was hard at first, I won't lie ab out that. And sometimes I really truly crave something. That's when I have a plan B, like lots of unsalted almonds from Trader Joe's. It keeps me chewing, giving me the munchie feeling!

Maureen we are all praying for you. You will make it through these 2 weeks with a group like the one we've got!

Friends when should we do our official weigh-ins? Monday or on Saturdays?
It's election time, so your vote on weigh-ins counts!

Hugs to you all, and make it a great week. I love all the recipes!
Annie
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 09:07

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

I vote for Monday, it's just added incentive to be good over the weekend.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 09:37

Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

I agree with Liddle, sorry I still cant keep all the names straight.But weekends are my hardest and the Monday weigh in makes me try a little harder.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 09:45

Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Mondays are great for me.
angie
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 10:30

Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

Mondays are good for me also.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 10:34

Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

So...... who survived Halloween, without digging into your childrens candy bag?

I did, but it's getting harder and harder... I brought some of the candy to work, for the co-workers. hhehehehe let them get fat!! hahaha (evil laugh)
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 186/171/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default I'm In

Count me in. I am also taking part in the Surving the Holidays challenge, which goes until Jan. 31. Knowing me, I need a shorter challenge to keep on track, so this is perfect .

My goal is 167 by Nov. 30 (4 lb.)

Good luck everybody!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 186/171/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Spinach Lasagne (Low Carb)

Spinach Lasagne

1 lb. ground beef
16 oz. ricotta or cottage cheese
2 cups Mozzarells
2 eggs
1 bag fresh whole leaf spinach
1 can tomato sauce (medium size) + 1 can diced tomatoes (w/juice)
Parmesan Cheese
Onion, bell pepper, mushrooms
Splash of red cooking wine
Italian spices of your choice

In a 10-in. saute pan, cook ground beef, onion, bell pepper and mushroom until done. Drain. Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and whatever spices you like. Simmer until sauce thickens.

In a bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, eggs and spices of your choice (fresh basil is good).

In a baking dish assemble layers: sauce, spinach leaves, cheese, sauce, spinach, cheese until to the top. Cover w/mozzarella and parmesan and add more seasoning if you wish.

Bake 350 until cheese on top is golden and bubbly, about 45 min.

I found this recipe in the ezboard forums. I've tried it and it's really good, even frozen and reheated.