Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 18:09
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Thank you, everyone, for your replies and help so far.

mudknife, I know that guys are all individuals, but my experience has been that men & women (generally, as groups) tend to approach diet & nutrition differently. I have been known to have long conversations with girlfriends about this diet or that one, or which exercises we like, etc. When I go out to lunch with another woman we nearly always comment on the menu options. I very rarely have these types of conversations with the men in my life and I've never overheard them saying these things to each other. My husband has always eaten whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and I think he considers it a little "girly" to do otherwise. So that's why I felt it might be helpful to have other men's perspectives on Atkins and the low-carb WOL.

You are absolutely right about this requiring committment and a new mind-set from him and I don't think he's there yet. It was a huge breakthrough for him to admit that he was willing to try changing his eating habits at all. I have never pushed him to lose weight or asked him to diet with me (although I have tried to get him to walk with me before and I do tease him about his excessive soda consumption). I am very careful not to "nag" him about anything. But now that he's asked for my help on his own -- well, I feel like I've got one shot and I'd better not blow it.

Thanks again for your response,
Rosa