Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/149.2/140 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default low carb breads????

I have been told that I can eat a low carb bun (oh so lo) during induction. However, I have been reading on this board that I should not eat any lo-carb bread products during induction? Can someone please tell which is correct...If I shouldn't eat the low carb bun during induction, can someone explain to me why? It is only 3 net carbs...I can't imagine that it would have that much impact on my weightloss. I am kind of clueless when it comes to lo-carb eating! I guess that is why I am asking the "experts"

thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 15:40
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

It is best to follow Atkins induction true to form. Which means nothing that isn't on the approved food list. There for low carb buns are out. IF after the two weeks of induction are over, and you want to add them it, then its your choice.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 15:42
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the quick response. I kind of figured...although I was hoping to hear something else! Those oh so lo buns are really tasty!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 16:00

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I think one thing that induction does is get rid of many of our cravings, including cravings for yummy bread.

Try hard to stick with it, and you will feel so good! When you are ready for LC bread, Trader Joe's has Good Life at 3 g per slice, if it's in your area.

Have you read DANDR? It will explain a lot about induction and the reasonings behind it.

Keep up your great work. This is a great way of life!

Hugs, Annie-Pie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 16:16
Registered Member

BF:

Yes, I have read DANDR and many other low carb books (CAD, PP). I know what I am supposed to eat on induction, but was trying to "sneak" a few extras in....

I am going to stay strong and stick with the items on the acceptable list! I hope that after two weeks I can start to add a few things in.

I do have a Trader Joes in the area and look forward eating that bread! That is one thing that I am still craving...bread and hot chocolate.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

It's only two weeks. You might be surprised at how much your tastes change.
I was making a grilled cheese for my DH, which used to be a favorite of mine, and the bread smelled really off to me. Not bad, just not at all appealing.