Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 06:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/218/145 Female 157.48
BF:
Progress: 1%
Question ok, I need hoilday help......

Hi there again, now that i'm a little off my high for completing induction, I need your help!
I am off to india and Maldives in Dec for a month and today i just had my polio, tetnus. typhoid and Diptheria jabs and will need to hepatitus B within a fortnight! (hope that doesn't make me stall)
Where I am staying in India is a house that is pure vegetarian and they are in the south which means lots of rice and wheat dishes, vegetables and pulses! They don't even allow meat products into the house although I've told my DH I will create exceptions!!!!!!!!
Now I can be ok in the morning, say couple of eggs boiled etc, cheese is not readily available there, nor are soya products i can probably try and cope with eating out say meat or something with some veg (india is also not a great 'salad' country!) I have a problem in the evenings, what do i do, how can I manage, i'm really worried because I've come so far don't want to go back to cravings and feeling ugh!
Kerala and Maldives will be fine as they are hoilday resorts so i will be ok with the dishes the hotels cook - in any case I wlll live on alcohol!!!!!! (only kidding)
So for those who have been to similar countries in the east (east from London!) please help wth ideas, i thought I could buy some protein powder from the health food shop and sprinkle on say lentils and stuff, I will take some meat products with me and freeze them there but I can only take a few days supply coz I'm not a light traveller!!!!!
Any help appreciated!
PO
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 18:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/135/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Wow -I really have no idea what to suggest, other than you will go nuts if the foods you need aren't available. Don't starve yourself!

Perhaps you can still participate in the eating there, but keep your portions really small (rice, etc). Of course it will throw your body out of ketosis, but you do have to eat!

I'd probably stock up on a lot of beef jerkey and nuts before leaving... and perhaps explain your situation to the people who own the house you will be staying at.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/218/145 Female 157.48
BF:
Progress: 1%

Thanks for that but beef in a hindu vegetarian household is asking to be shot!!,
I'm thinking of taking something like that anyway as much as I can carry!
PO