Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:32

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%
Default I ate rice for a guy!

On a second date with a really cute guy, he cooked me dinner, and I ate...rice! I haven't had rice for almost a year! I wasn't ready to drop the Atkins stuff on him yet, since we just met. At least I discouraged him from making pasta! I feel like I cheated on Dr. A., and I had to confess!
Has anyone else betrayed the WOE for romance??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:34
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

We call this living in the real world. We all have cheated occassionally (well most of us )

Just remember that if you can't be honest with this guy, he isn't a keeper.

Take care and get back on track!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:43
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

I am not sure if i would do that for a guy , at this point,
I think i would have told him cooking for me was incredibly sweet... but I have a WOE that is different than most...and the reason I look so incredible... is because of that way of eating...I would have had the meat dish... or if chop suey... had the toppings... but not the rice...

If the guy didn't understand... than we wouldn't be having the problem with the rice again... another guy would understand...

Other than that rant ... I don't think rice once after a year is bad...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 14:28
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

When I first started dating my DH, I just told him I didn't like rice or potatoes. I guess if you felt pressured by the situation, I would have asked for seconds on the meat and then said I was stuffed before getting to the rice.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 15:09

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

I would have skipped the rice, but he made a delicious curry that sort of required it...it was so good! I just have to remember that it was my rice-free living that helped attract him in the first place- or it was my renewed self-esteem due to rice-free living that attracted him. THAT really makes a difference!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 17:21

Plan: Custom/Modified plan...25-40 carbs per day - it's working!!
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

This thread caught my eye, lol! I get myself out of ketosis when I visit my BF! (one slice of wheat bread is all it takes, really!)

#7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 18:36
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 132/131/106 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I had something similar happen and gave in too. It's the second date, do you really want to open up with diet issues? Yeah I didn't either. don't worry about it. You can always consider that you were doing carb addicts for a day, or just realize its not a big deal as long as it doesn't lead to falling totally off the wagon (which kinda happened in my case ) Congrats on the new honey who can cook too! You will have to tell him eventually (soon) if you want it to go anywhere.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 18:37

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Be yourself !
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 20:36

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

I tell guys upfront how it is. Sometimes they give me strange looks.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 20:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Whenever I start talking about my diet, my boyfriend starts talking about everquest. We have this deal that we wont talk about either one. Of course I always end up talking about my diet, and being the sweet guy he is, he pretends to be interested. However, nothing annoys guys more then girls talking about diets, especially at dinner. I would bring it if i were you, if he is a cool guy, then he is open minded. Just dont talk about how fat you think you are, that is the worst thing to say to a guy!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 20:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 151/137/128 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 61%

I guess I m lucky as my bf is doing the atkins diet with me. He even told me last night that when we go on our holiday in dec we will cheat one day and then go straight back to induction for a few days..ouch He is watching over our diet!!! lol
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 21:05

Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

I agree with Violette99, I would have appreciated someone making dinner for me. What a great gesture for a second date. I would have eaten what was served unless I had an allergy to the dish. Then later on I would explain that there are certain foods you are not supposed to eat.

I think some of approaches others have listed would have offended me (remember, it's just a second date people), if I had been in his place. But, that's just my opinion.

OG

Last edited by Operaghost : Mon, Oct-27-03 at 21:06.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 22:17

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

Yeah I agree guys get annoyed with diets and "im so fat" but there's no need to go into deep detail when letting him know. I tell the guys I eat meat without sauces and salad veggies and leave it at that.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 22:26

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I would have eaten the rice. It was thoughtful that the guy cooked for you, not many do that. But, if I knew that a guy was cooking for me, I would have said ahead of time that I have been avoiding white rice, white flour, sugar and potatoes. I would have said that because of my hypoglycemia, I must watch my carbs so just be aware of that. And when he cooks up that steak and asparagus, gobble it down. Anytime anyone has anyone over for dinner they hope that they are cooking what they like and what they can eat. It is no different from cooking for a vegetarian or diabetic.

Black57
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 23:02

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5 Feet 0 Inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I would have eaten the rice too, it was a very sweet gesture and only one night. It is your second date, I am sure you were yourself, not telling him about your WOE has nothing to do with it. I am sure that no one lies everything out on the table (eating, drinking, bathroom habits) by the second date. If they did, the guy would be out the door. Anyways good luck with your new cutie