Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (as close as I can)
Stats: 200/180/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Funny how I would say I wasnt unhappy with my weight

but now that I have lost almost 20 lbs I cant believe the difference in my attitude and my looks! On weekends I would throw a baseball hat on my head saying with three kids it was too hard to worry about getting myself ready -- sweats & bball hats & zero makeup! Now that I have lost a good chunk of my weight I dont go out till Im dressed & have makeup on---its amazing what you can get done if you feel good about yourself! I always said I was happy with my life (& I was) but I didnt realize how much happier I could be once I lost weight! My dh & I have a great relationship but now (wow!) its ever better! I can even wear his boxers without stretching them out! He noticed that! My 4 yr old daughter has said more than I can count in the last 2 wks "mommy, your so pretty"! Talk about melting my heart! My 12 yr old son saw my in my jeans that havent fit in a couple yrs & said "wow mom" "you look awesome". Hearing this from my kids & husband means more to me than hearing the people I work with mention my weight loss. Of course, its great to hear it from anyone but its so much more special coming from your own family!

I think thats where my incentive is coming from!

HELP! I need to change my weights under my name to 181---dont remember how!

Last edited by streakymom : Mon, Oct-27-03 at 12:55.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:00
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

streaky, go up to the top of the page and hit profile then it will bring up another bar with user control panel and then profile again. it will have it under there, that is how I do it, if that is wrong, someone let me know!!!
Doesnt it feel great when your kids tell you that! I had heard it from a couple of people, but when my kids told me the first time I thought, it must be noticable cuz kids just tell the truth....
great job on the loss, keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:11
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Congratulations... To change your weight, go to the top under profile and you can change it.

I absolutely know what you meant. I wasn't physically unable to do things and I wasn't unhappy with myself, but now that I have begun to loose weight, I feel so comfortable with myself. I know I have a way to go, but knowing that I am doing something, I feel like I am crawing out of this cacoon that I have been hiding in and I absolutely love the new me.

Way to go!!!!