Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 15:47

Plan: Atkins- OWL/Pre-M
Stats: 165/144/140 Female 70 inches (5' 10")
BF:30%/19.28%/19%?
Progress: 84%
Talking "Have to Pee" Signal

OK I posted this in someone's journal because I just became aware of it and wanted to share it here with anyone who might be having trouble drinking enough water.

Hey I just realized something I've been doing all along but was unaware of. Maybe it can help you with your water intake.

I start the day drinking my 32oz of water with my supplements ... and this is what I do that I didn't even notice until today ... when I feel like I need to go pee ... I immediately grab my water bottle and drink at least another 20oz and then head to the bathroom. I do that each time I have to go. I use the "have to pee" signal as a signal to drink water. That ensures that I will have to go again in 20-30 minutes and also ensures that I drink water through out the day.

Hope that helps you ... try it ... works for me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 17:27
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

LOL I try and do that too. Every time I have to go I try and drink fast before I go. I am always running. A bladder can only hold 2c of water I think.

I get a double workout, since I need to run up a flight of stairs every time I need to go pee too. Who needs the gym when you gotta work like that ;-)
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 12:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I've been doing exactly the same thing. I was stalled for a while and realized I hadn't been drinking enough water. Now I keep drinking right up to the point where I need to get up and go. It seems to have helped. It's too early to tell, but the stall may be broken.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 12:48
Registered Member

Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

thanks for the tip. i will try to do that since i do have trouble drinking more water.

since i started taking more than 2 glasses of water (goodness!), i tend to wake up at 12 midnight and around 2-3 am to go to the bathroom which never happened before.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 18:16
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hahahaha..this thread is funny....I do the same thing but I think I was hoping I'd pee out the recent water too when I went. *lol*
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 18:56

Stats: 140.0/121.5/125 Female 5'3
BF:going down!
Progress: 123%

This is just the best idea!
I got out of the habbit of drinking so much water... and I need to jump back in on it.
This will really help on reminding me to drink my water!

NoSunNoFun
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 19:02

Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

The problem is that I need to remember to slow down before beginning the hour commute home.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 19:09

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I felt the urge to go to the bathroom, grabbed my water and clicked on this post! LOL! I do the same thing. I do too believe that it's because I feel like I may as well "save it up" and get rid of it all at once. If I'm going to make a trip to the bathroom, might as well make it worthwhile, you know!? But in reality I KNOW the water I drank just before I hit the potty CAN'T come out that fast. Don't know why I do it . . . but I certainly do it too!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 20:14

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I'd better try it! anything to get the water IN! lol
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 20:38

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

When I started Atkins two years ago I had a hard time getting the water down. Now I crave water, I can't get enough.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 10:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I also do that at work. The kitchen is next to the bathroom--so I grab my oversize cup fill it with water and drink it and then go to the washroom. When I am finnished I fill up my cup again and take it to my office. About every 2 hours I repeat.
angie
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 12:24
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

I'm the opposite: first I pee, then I drink another 1/2 liter or so. I keep my Nalgene with me at all times!

Jude
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 15:52

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hey...I take so many supplements...and my water glass is 12 oz. size. For every 3 or 4 pills I take...I swallow half a glass of water. By the end of the day I've downed NINE 12 oz glasses just by getting my supplements down. THEN...I drink a 20 oz bottle or two of Talking Rain (sparkling water) every time I eat lunch or supper. I usually end up with a gallon or more of water this way!

The pee signal is a good idea for some, but I think I would get up in the middle of the night way too often.....and NOT be able to make it to the restroom in time!!