Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/178/115 Female 5'3"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 17%
Default New Here & Just Starting My Atkins Journey

Hello everyone!

I started Atkins on Oct 20th and already feel soooo much better in terms of my energy level and overall well-being. I truly believe that I am addicted to high carb foods and sugar. But oddly enough I haven't craved them these past few days as much as I had feared I would.

These Low-Carber forums are a God-send, and I have started my journal. I also keep a journal at Atkins.com and here at home to keep track of my meals/net carb intake.

You all are so supportive of one another, and I am happy to meet all of you.

Alittle info about myself...I am 36 years old, a SAHM and I also sell parttime on ebay for some extra income. I have been overweight since the birth of my daughter 7 years ago. Prior to that my average weight was never more than 115-120 lbs. I look in the mirror, and feel like a big puffed-up version of my old self. I choose the Atkins Nutrional Approach because it is so strict and makes so much sense. I think that writing down every little thing that you eat and drink is so helpful in staying on track. The journal that I have started here helps me to sort through the day and my feelings.

Keep up the great work everyone! I am so happy to be here and starting my new WOL & WOE!

Take care!
Ann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 09:24
Registered Member

Stats: 212/196/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 43%

Welcome AnimeAnn. Like you I really apprecaite the support of this forum. The folks here al also pretty good about answering even the sillist of questions from folks like me who have not yet bought the book. ( note to self, but the book). Anyway, I have been impressed with the Atkins approach and do consider this a WOL.

Welcome,
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 22:04

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

maurice buy the book,,,,,lol,,,, the light will come on in your head when you read it!

Rachael
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 00:51
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Racheal. I agree! However, when your a grad student your always trying to figure out how to do less reading, not more! Ha ha. Was hoping to get this program by aucmosis, will the book and skim it at least. Thanks for the feedback.

Moe
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 18:48

BF:

YEAH I UNDERSTAND,,
just make sure you read page 47,48,49,50...thats talks about what happens when you eat a meal full of sugars or no sugars..... very interestig reading!
good luck.....
Rachael
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 01:45
Registered Member

BF:

Hello to you down under, from uphere? So Racheal hate to ask this, which one of the books are you referring to? Thanks, Moe
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 01:47
Registered Member

BF:

Opps, Looked at your profile, I think I know which book: No need to respond, thanks again,
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 18:14

BF:

get a journal moe so we can keep in contact or you can always drop into my journal,,,,,

and hello up there from down here?

I need an atlas,,,LOL

Rachael
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 21:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hi again, and thanks for the note Rachel, and I will start a jounal asap.

FYI my meals today were as follows

Breakfast - 3 fried eggs and 3 strips of bacon

Lunch - Salad -1.5 cups with blue cheese dressing, a hamburger patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese

Supper - Two Pork Chops and 1.5 cups Salad with Ceaser dressing

That is it.

Yes I am in Vancouver, but I am from the Northwest Territories (after 1999 the bloundary was changed with the creation of Nunavut), so find that place, and look to the south east corner along a river and see if you can locate my town. Tell me your coordinates, but know a littel bit about Austrailia, I would guess Sydney.

Moe
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 01:46

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Hi, AnimeAnn! SAHMs are the best, aren't they? I've been one for almost 18 years now--would absolutely NOT have it any other way. I also took up selling part-time on eBay about 4 years ago, though I have to admit I haven't listed anything for almost a year-and-a-half now, but hopefully will be back at it for the fall/winter season.

Anyway, great to have you with us!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 03:28

BF:

hi moe

I am close to 2 hours from sydney......not all of us has the pleasure of living in an expensive, smog filled, rat infested, over populated, cramped back yards place like sydney..... THANK GOD,,,i hate it when i go up the coast to visit family and have to drive through the place................... nah,,, I sit here on my 4,000 acres,,sniff in the pure air , relax with a coffee and watch the kangaroos leap past and think,,,,,, who would want to live in the city?

(Dont send me hate mail anyone who reads this from sydney,,,, just my opinion......... but I am sticking to it,,,LOL)

I will look you up in my atlas,,,, gonna get the BIG telescope out and have a look in a minute at the planets,,,,maybe I will see you,,,,,,,,

hey is that your house??? Do you have a red t-shirt on the clothes line???? ummm,,,, do you usually walk round your garden naked??

take care
Rachael
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:53
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Hey Racheal don't hold back, feel free to speak your mind if you want ..LOL.. Ok so now you know how well I know your part of the world, Sydney is one of the few place in Australia that I was even aware of, except maybe Melbourne and Victoria? Yep that's me by the clothes line hey..don't look..Don't Look! lol.

So I never knew I would strike such a cord suggesting Sydney! Well two hours from Sydney will look for that area. 4000 acres..wow, sound wonderful. Do you folks ranch?

So I think I have the scale going in the right direction again. I had went as low as 200, and then back up to 202-203, but I was not being pure about the diet. Was invited to a feast and had the fish and some veggies I should not have, and just could not resist one cabbage roll! Also trying and get into shape and joined a intramural basketball league earlier in the year. We played on Saturday and I forgot my water bottle! So I went to the machine looking for water, but there was none, so without really thinking, I bought a gatoraid for the game, and then had one after the game. ..Bad idea, BAD IDEA when I final looked at the contents, 35 g of carbs pure bottle, on top of what I had ate during the day. Also during the first part of my diet, I had quit tea and coffee, but I found that i need at least one or two cups of tea in the morning. I use spenda, but always use milk or cream with my tea. Anyway took a couple of days to recover from all of that.

Still dringing tea in the AM, but otherwise I have been better the last couple days, and the scale read 200 again this morning. I know I was not drinking enough water..still have problems with that..

So Racheal, how do you set up a journal on this thing? I am not all that computer literate..I better get going on my studies..,

later