Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Okay, who wants to write to Larry King? I think it would be a good idea. Shoot, you could probably send him an e-mail, and let him know this is low carb NOT no carb!

It's really frustrating because people honestly ask, 'How on earth do you get all your vitamins? You know, the ones in vegetables and fruits?' I happily tell them I eat bunches of raw veggies and salad greens as well as berries (highly nutrient-rich) and nuts, too (highly mineral-rich).
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 20:38

Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up Good Idea!

[QUOTE=LilaCotton]Okay, who wants to write to Larry King? I think it would be a good idea. QUOTE]

Believe me, I thought seriously about it! I actually considered writing Fergie in care of Weight Watcher's, but they probably wouldn't give it to her! I have no problem with Miss Sarah going on the air and promoting WW's; that's her JOB...but she is totally out of line spounting untruths about Atkins and LOW-carbing! That just infuriates me. Oh well, our LOSS her GAIN, so to speak!

Last edited by Morgan1974 : Thu, Oct-23-03 at 10:13.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 23:11

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

She couldn't put a coherent thought together !
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 00:24

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
She couldn't put a coherent thought together !

Most likely in a sugar fog!

Okay--not nice to make fun of the relatives *smacks self around*
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 08:39
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

It's all about WW losing money. The popularity for LCing must be killing them! I think it's funny that they spent all that money to print up a brochure, just to "counter" other diets. If they were so sure of their woe, they should have invested that money in research to back it up. My favorite though, is Slimfast: "Pasta is not the enemy."
WOOHOO! We got em running scared!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:28

Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

I say let them all make fools of themselves. Because for every idiot saying stuff like Fergie and every ill-informed article there are at least 4 times as many positive people and articles that promote Atkins properly. And as this woe is getting soooo much publicity it's obviously for a just reason otherwise it would all have fizzled out long ago. Just look at all the restaurants and supermarkets and new businesses frantically trying to sell lc foods.

Those ignorant twits are going to look pretty stupid as more and more people understand this woe life better and that understanding for the masses is just around the corner!
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:20

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Started Atkins 8/02. After 14 months of the torture I'm getting weaker everyday, hair gone, skin broken out, constant migraine, one kidney exploded several months ago - am expecting the next one to go soon. Thanks, Fergie for helping me understand what is wrong. So glad you are setting us straight. Oops! there goes the other kidney.....
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Plan
Stats: 247/200/140 Female 5"4
BF:Decreasing Slowing
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimD66
SlimFast and WW are in a position to lose a LOT of money when people switch to Atkins, and a sensible way of life. Then where will Fergie be?

Maybe she'll have to go back to writtin kiddie books about Helicopters

I'm ashamed to be British when I hear of the tripe that comes out of these ex- Royal's mouths.. anything to pay the bills eh
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 12:22
Registered Member

Stats: 138/133/125 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress:

Hmm...WW must really be worried about LC lifestyles for them to put Fergie on National TV and desperatly bad-mouth LCing in an attempt to salvage their business.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 15:57

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I was about to add my 2-cents worth...but all of you have done it so beautifully..I just can't contain myself!!

This is for all of you:

And for Fergie....I guess she doesn't have time to read the book...she's so busy talking about it as if she were a REAL expert. I'd like to challenge her to try the REAL thing...she couldn't have possibly done so...migraines every 10 minutes? GIMME A BREAK!!

(OKAY...so I added my thoughts anyway...I'm entitled...)

Last edited by DerBlumers : Thu, Oct-23-03 at 15:59.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 18:32

Stats: 242/210/205 Male 6 ft
BF:
Progress: 86%

I don't know where Fergie gets her information from because since I have been on Atkins I have never eaten more vegetables even during induction. I now eat healthy vegatables and berries with whipping cream for dessert and so on. People need to read and give their head a shake.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 19:21
Registered Member

Stats: 208/178/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I had success with WW almost 20 years ago, when their standard plan included only one slice of bread a day. I followed it occasionally throughout the years, but realized they didn't have a clue when they changed their plan every year. Once they went to "points", I never looked back. I don't want to count anything! Even carbs I just "judge" rather than counting. works ok so far...

s
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 23:17

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

I've read about people on the Points system who eat chocolate bars and candy regularly because they just count it as part of their 'points total.'

And when I did Atkins before I DID have INTENSE headaches... for the first three days. It's called caffeine withdrawl, and if you're addicted to caffeine and sugar, it happens. It's a GOOD thing.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 03:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 236/127/130 Female 5'6
BF:98.7%/46.8%/36.8%/
Progress: 103%

I hated wait watchers. I was alway hugery the points were bad i felt deprived. I had more migrans then i do now. I love atkins becuse i can eat all i want it not a deit it a life style. I feel great and alot of these probems she talking about are from being obice. I eat veggies and even some fuirts i carflul pick out the ones i eat. She has no idea what she talking about sounds like she did not read the book and cut too much out.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 12:31

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 133/129/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Fergie will do anything for a buck. What a deeply silly woman. What a royal pain.

Isa