Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 20:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/157/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Omg! finally got through. I have been having a terrible time getting to this forum, it took me over 15 minutes of trying and reloading, aaahhhhh!

On top of that things here have been crazy. Last week we filled the barn with 189 baby calves, up late every night and up early every morning. Then this weekend we pull 20,000 fish out of our pond and had to hand count and sort them all by size.

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, or quit this WOE (although this weekend was no low carb weekend). It just was a little to busy to take the time to check in. On friday I weighed 159!! Broke out of the 160's. Now let's see if I can keep it off.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 21:42

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 155/145/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

mdklimesh - Congrats! You can definately keep it off.

I'm down two pounds! Hooray. i'm well on my way! keep up the good work everyone. We can do this: I just know it.
  #168   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 04:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Wow, I just went one day without posting and look onhere and there are 2 pages worth of posts. I wont direct to everyone but I did read all the posts. I forget which one of you live in Ohio but you mentioned the Krogers. Where exactly is it? My uncle used to work at Krogers in Columus. Im sure there is more than one but I thought it to be a coincidence.

Also, looks like a few of you are hitting major milestones and I congratulate you for that. I am still looking to see 169. Probably if I would get off my lazy tail and exercise it would come off quicker.

We woke up yesterday morning to get the kitty out and let him eat. Well, he was up in the bed with my daughter. I was so excited, yet so scared. I was glad that he could make it up there but the vet doesnt want him doing anything like that. Im sure he couldnt get back down without hurting himself. My DD wakes me up at 5 this morning to tell me that he is in the bed with her again. I feel like he is improving but I still cant get him to use the litter box. He only used it that one time and he was so good about that before this happened. AT least he is getting around now.

I have done good eating wise the last few days. DH and I had to eat out for breakfast yesterday so I just got sausage and eggs, better than LJS. I stayed hungry all day so I just nibbled on no carb foods.

Where has the list of weights gone. I think alot of people posted their results this week but they didnt copy and paste.

Have a good day everyone.
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 05:27

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi Everyone,

Boy it is getting very hard to keep up here. I have not been here in a few days...was not feeling well. I had some kind of stomach bug. Anyway...congratulations to all who have lost and to those who are just maintaining because we all know how hard that can be too. I have some good news as it seems I am down 2 pounds. I will not change my stats until I have gone at least 3 days with this weight on the scale. Sometimes it is just so hard for me to believe I am loosing.
Good Luck to everyone and I will check in later.

Hugs

Karen
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 06:58

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Well it's been a tough couple of weeks... I had my thyroid treated yesterday with radioactive iodine... so now I am radioactive. HOw fun is that? It stinks really. I have to stay away from my husband for 4 days and no fun stuff for 3 weeks. My weight is holding steady at 145... Today for breakfast I had 2 slice of Trader Joe's LC bread with pumpkins butter and tea. I know, not the best lc breakfast. Today I am going to take a nice slow long walk. I can't get my heart rate up too much because my thyroid might cause a spike in my levels before it actually dies.
  #171   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 07:21

Stats: 144/140/129 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Angry I am starting over again.

I am back today on the atkins. I wonder if I can join your challenge for Oct. I really need a support group and I think where I am just starting I can lose 4-8#.
  #172   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: partial atkins
Stats: 223/210/145 Female 5'4
BF:39%/36%/25%
Progress:

Malodn, welcome...I can't make it without this group...
  #173   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:08
Registered Member

Progress:

Karen, I am with you girl...I don't rely on that scale...once it showed I was 207 for about 2 days then it went back to 210...

Anyways...Stacy..I live in huber heights, ohio a bit from columbus..but Krogers are everywhere even in Virginia.

Hey y'll i joined the gym -ladies fitness last night,--just paid the money, haven't started going yet, will next week. I didn't want to miss the special...

Figure I need the boost and these arms are so big, i need to put them to some work...
  #174   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:51

Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking

Malodn...welcome...the more the merrier!!
  #175   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:51

BF:

estherm I just wanted to tell you to not give up. I was 233lbs. back in sept of 2002. It has taken me awhile but the weigh has come off. I will always have to watch myself or it will come right back but I know it can be done. Just stick with this woe and it will work for you and be patient.
  #176   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:53

BF:

my uncle lived in baltimore ohio, outside of lancaster. are you anywhere near there?
  #177   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 07:11

Stats: 144/140/129 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up

thanks for the welcome.It is day 2 for me which means I made it through the first day. Yeah. Today I overslept so I did not make it to the ymca to exercise. Iguess I better go for a walk. It looks beautiful outside. Yesterday we had rain and such strong winds that some schools were cancelled. I live in Maine now.

I am planning a egg, cheese and tomatoe omelet, with some bacon. I cooked extra bacon yesterday to make it easier today, thinking I would be up and off to the Y. I will make a chef's salad to take with me today because I cannot count on LC where I go for bridge this afternoon. They also serve a dessert half way through the afternoon, so I will bring a dr. candy bar snack.

I wonder about the way they count the fat gr and subtract the fibre. It seems like I am eating too much to lose weight. What do you all think?

Good luck everyone on your oct. challenge.
Marilyn (malodn)
  #178   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 07:51
Registered Member

Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacysheil
my uncle lived in baltimore ohio, outside of lancaster. are you anywhere near there?

Good Morning Stacy,

Do I don't think so. I am near Dayton, so I don't know where Lancaster is in relation to dayton....

Have a blessed day today, how is kitty? My kids would love where you are, with all the horses...
  #179   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 07:58
Registered Member

Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malodn
thanks for the welcome.It is day 2 for me which means I made it through the first day. Yeah. Today I overslept so I did not make it to the ymca to exercise. Iguess I better go for a walk. It looks beautiful outside. Yesterday we had rain and such strong winds that some schools were cancelled. I live in Maine now.

I am planning a egg, cheese and tomatoe omelet, with some bacon. I cooked extra bacon yesterday to make it easier today, thinking I would be up and off to the Y. I will make a chef's salad to take with me today because I cannot count on LC where I go for bridge this afternoon. They also serve a dessert half way through the afternoon, so I will bring a dr. candy bar snack.

I wonder about the way they count the fat gr and subtract the fibre. It seems like I am eating too much to lose weight. What do you all think?

Good luck everyone on your oct. challenge.
Marilyn (malodn)

Good Morning Marilyn, I don't know what the fat gr count is, but what I found out is the more fat you eat, without high carbs make you loose faster...that was hard for me....because my system feels too sluggish after a lot of fat...but I realize I get hungry must quicker when I don't have some fat in breakfast...the breakfast you are planning is my favorite...

I had it in 3 days...running late in the AM to cook. So things haven't been too good for me...i'm in a slump and getting aggrevated..this is my usualy...I've joined a ladies fitness center close by my house and haven't started going as yet, but I will go out tonight (I think) and have the trainer do the statistics and put me on a program.

When I exercise it helps my mind a lot...I'm pumped and have a lot of energy...

have a great day!
  #180   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:15

BF:

estherm, Dayton is completely opposite from lancaster. I had family that lived in DAyton and one of my neighbors sons live there now. I do love it in the country, especially where I live because I live up a little holler that is half mile long and all the neighbors are family except for us. So they just adopted us.

The kitty is getting around better. It climbed up in the bed with my daughter againand I had to put it in its carrier so it wouldnt hurt itself. I still cant get it to the litter box. I dont know whats up with that.

I dont think I welcomed you Marilyn so welcome to our little club.

I dont know whats going on with my body. I have walked 4 miles each day for 2 days, stayed within allowable carbs and yesterday i drank 16 glasses of water. I got up this morning and I am up 1/2 pound. I will keep at it tho. I think what did it was the peanut butter that I had last night, Maybe I ate it too late because it never stalled me before. I will post what I ate if anybody has any comments please feel free.
break: 2 taco pizzas with sauce, pepperoni and cheese

Lunch: hamburger patty with cheese, mayo and egg salad with mayo

Supper: salad with eggs, lettuce, radishes, turkey, pepperoni and ranch dressing.

I think I may have answered my own question. Maybe too much cheese and too much salt in the pepperoni, but I think the cheese was allowable, 4oz. right?

Oh well, everyone have a nice day.