Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/143.5/110 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 7%
Unhappy Is this gross?

Well, I should be on my third day, however, every day I've managed to eating something with lots of carbs (muffin or pumpkin pie) I figure this is why I've only lost a pound. I was thinking if I could just sprinle some sweet and low on a piece of lettuce, this would be enough to get me by. I used to be a vegetarian before this! Let me know if anyone else has any other alternatives. Please!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 10:24
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Sweet and low on lettuce ick. I guess I should atleast tell you (if you must do it) to use Splenda.

But really, your problem is that you have not withdrawled from you carb addection as of yet. And as long as you manage to eat that "something extra" you will not. Give yourself the full two weeks of Induction, with no extras! You will be glad you did. Well maybe not at first, you might not feel so good for a couple of days, but after that things will be a lot easier!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:07
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Like MarytoU said, you really need two full "cheat-free" weeks of Induction. You will be amazed at the way your body naturally looses those cravings. If you really need to satisfy that sweet tooth, Sugar Free Jello always did the trick for me and, at least for me, it didn't stall weightloss. Good Luck!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/157/135 Female 5foot7inches
BF:bit to much
Progress: 21%

Hi Rachel, Just wanted to answer your question...

Yes thats pretty gross. Good luck and stay strong it will be worth it.
kara
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 12:11

Plan: Custom/Modified plan...25-40 carbs per day - it's working!!
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey Rachel!

Welcome to low carbing...sort of...

Eating low carb is about eliminating bad sugary foods from your diet and enjoying foods that are filling (because of their fat and protein content). Have you read any of the books? Atkins, protein power, carb addicts diet, are all plans you should look into.

A lettuce leaf with sweet n' low on it would shame ANY diet... that can't have more then 20 calories in it. You have to EAT to be satisfied, and satisfied to lose weight!

You cannot be scared of fat, when you low carb, fat fuels your body almost exclusively, and your body cant store fat either. Eating sugar, any sugar at all, will break the low carb cycle, enabling your body to store fat again. Also, the sugar will create blood-sugar issues, spikes and crashes, leading to serious cravings.

Bottom line is, you have to study plans, pick one, and commit to it. It will work for you if you let it. It took a violent attitude change towards fat to get me into LCing, now I love it. I lose very slowly, but very steadily, and I feel wonderful.

Give it a shot, but don't slip back to low calorie, low fat ways of thinking. They dont work, you'll be miserable!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 13:21
Registered Member

BF:

The jury is in! No lettuce and sweet and low for me. I just thought it would be sweet and crunchy...But I'll listen. Thank god I asked. You guys rock! I'm impressed by everyone's stats. I'll go eat some chicken now...

Rachel
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 09:36
Registered Member

Stats: 158/134/125 Female 5 feet 2.5 inches
BF:???
Progress: 73%

Hello!
I just wanted to share with you on what I did to satisfy my sweet tooth during induction. (Actually, I'm still in induction, 1 week and 1/2)
I am PMSing right now... so what I did was mix 2TBS of cream cheese and a packet of splenda together. It tasted like cheese cake! Plus it satisfied my urge to cheat during a difficult time... I get PMS really bad.

HTH...
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:34

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5 Feet 0 Inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I mix together cream cheese and splenda as well as some vanilla and cocoa powder (non sweetened) Chocolate cheesecake! Yum! I heat the cream cheese a bit first but that is up to you!

Try not to have it too much since on induction we are supposed to not go over 4 oz of cheese a day. Just when you REALLY need it.

If you follow the plan for two weeks straight with no cheats, eating only veggies and protein and fat, you will lose those cravings along with the pounds! Good luck
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 11:12
Registered Member

BF:

cheesecake!?! that's delicious! thanks for that idea, it sounds way less gross than the lettuce thing!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 13:02

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

This is not included on Induction, but Le Carb ice cream is good for sweet cravings 3-4g of carbs per serving. Something you might want to look into after your 2 weeks are up. I'm still on induction but way past 2 weeks and this keeps me sane.