Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 23:57

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%
Default Is this ok to eat? I'm confused

Well I went to get the chicken baguette thing at BK (sans bread) i loved it. Well now I looked(i thought it was salsa) it's a fire grilled sauce with 2 carbs. Is that a bad thing? Also the peppers on it are 3 carbs, I'm thinking it's ok since it's veggies. But the sauce? 2 carbs is a small amount and the main ingredient is tomato. I thought I found something new to munch on.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 00:14

Plan: South Beach 11/8/04
Stats: 235/138/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I would say the reason for the carbs in such a small about is probably due to added sugar and or starches in it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 00:22

yes i know, i keep thinking do i eat it or not. How much could 2 carbs hurt, maybe that is bad rationalization.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 00:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Abby,

Half a tomato has about 5g carbs in it. Tomatos are not recommended in Atkins' Induction phase, but it is OK to introduce them after that.

Cheers,

Katt
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 01:04

I've been on induction for 2-3 months, so I guess since I am passed the 2 weeks it would be ok to add this food one day a week.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 02:23
Registered Member

Stats: 205/199/130 Female 65"
BF:33%
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovableLC
Well I went to get the chicken baguette thing at BK (sans bread) i loved it. Well now I looked(i thought it was salsa) it's a fire grilled sauce with 2 carbs. Is that a bad thing? Also the peppers on it are 3 carbs, I'm thinking it's ok since it's veggies. But the sauce? 2 carbs is a small amount and the main ingredient is tomato. I thought I found something new to munch on.

Hi LovableLC...

As long as you did not eat the bread you are only talking 5 carbs. During induction you can have 20 carbs daily. That is a very low number of carbs. Considering this was a meal for you, you merely used 25% of your carbs for the day AND you got a BK treat.

Something else to consider. There are four grams of fiber as well. Where is the fiber in this sandwich, the veggies?? Wouldn't that mean you only ate 1 gram???

I'm not sure, I am still very new to Atkins.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 05:23

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 32%

BK has a great chicken caesar salad and it has 5 carbs with 3 grams of fiber so it's 2 net carbs. I have this for lunch when I'm on the go. I carry my Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing 9high fat) with me everywhere I go and it doesn't have to be refrigerated!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 06:04
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

LovableLC, You are worring over nothing, relax you can't go on like this. Two carbs is nothing! Certainly nothing to worry about! It will have no affect on you either way. You made a great choice! This is a lifestlye, you may make some mistakes along the way (this was not one of them) but you go on from there. IF you put to much pressure on yourself you may not be able to stay on plan. Now when you brake down and eat the bread the sandwich came with, then you can start to feel quilty.

But even after that, pick yourself up and carry one. That is all we can do.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 08:40
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Then again, there are 2g of carbs in Ranch dressing as well...so to me, it's the same.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:45
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

Correction katticus, tomatos are allowed during Induction. Check the "allowed foods" list on www.atkins.com, which lists 1 small tomato as 3 net carbs.

LoveableLC, I think you are just fine eating the sauce. Enjoy!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 12:44

Stats: 245/234/200
BF:don't care!!
Progress: 24%

I was going to say that Hilary!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 15:50

Mishinaz - I don't know where my head was I didn't even think of the fiber, ah what is wrong with me? There are veggies on top of the chicken. I went and had another one today. So yummy you guys have to try it. And the scale was down another pound today, so I'm certain it's fine. I just checked it out 4 carbs after I take out the fiber for the whole thing. Not bad, after all there are veggies on it and it was really filling! I've been on and off Atkins for over a year and fell off the wagon a few weeks back again. I'm always a little neurotic when I get back on the wagon.

PS if you have problem with resisting bread - don't get this the baugette smells awesome lol

Thanks guys

Last edited by LovableLC : Tue, Oct-14-03 at 15:57.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 19:29
Registered Member

Quote:
Mishinaz - I don't know where my head was I didn't even think of the fiber, ah what is wrong with me? There are veggies on top of the chicken. I went and had another one today. So yummy you guys have to try it. And the scale was down another pound today, so I'm certain it's fine. I just checked it out 4 carbs after I take out the fiber for the whole thing. Not bad, after all there are veggies on it and it was really filling! I've been on and off Atkins for over a year and fell off the wagon a few weeks back again. I'm always a little neurotic when I get back on the wagon.

PS if you have problem with resisting bread - don't get this the baugette smells awesome lol

Thanks guys

Do you order it with or without the bread? Do you just take the bread off it and throw it away?

Reminds me of yesterday. Was cooking for the pooch (yes, she's loved a lot) and I was going to put a little bit of pasta in her food. Geez... even the dog is a carb addict! Anyway I had to test it to see if it was done yet. I bit into a piece of pasta and hurried and spit it out. It was done.

Heh... how many carbs do you supposed one wide egg noodle has?
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 21:58
Registered Member

Quote:

Hey LovableLC...

I might have something for you here. I found coupons for your one and only, verrry favoritest <g> yummy sandwich! The coupons are for $1.00 off. Not sure how to do this, I can scan them for you and you might be able to print them out. I have three, you are welcome to all three if you want.

When I first saw them I couldn't remember why the name of this sandwich was so familiar. Then it finally dawned on me, it was you. I couldn't begin to trace the steps it took me to get wherever it was that I got these from so I decided just to be greedy and take three instead of one. If you want them, cool. If not that's cool too.

Does anyone know if there is a place I can upload these so someone else can d/l them? Not sure of the best way to do this.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 16:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 232/230/175 Female 5-7
BF:unsure
Progress: 4%

[QUOTE=MishInAZ]Do you order it with or without the bread? Do you just take the bread off it and throw it away?

Reminds me of yesterday. Was cooking for the pooch (yes, she's loved a lot) and I was going to put a little bit of pasta in her food. <<

Ear Mishinaz,, LOLOL. Man what do you cook your pooch? Whats the dogs name? f/m? I have two kitties, furfur nugen (like farfenugen..sp?) heeh and mo mo BEAR. She's a Maine coon. She looks like a white fluffy raccoon. shh. she's my favorite. hehe. I want to cook them stuff too. Did you find out if its healthy to give poochie cooked food? I think its great! You must not have kids huh? I dont. So I am just wondering because all of my friends with kids don't especially treat their pets too well in my opinion. <shrug>. Hey please respond, I really want to hear what you cooked that little monster!! :-)