Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 06:26
I'm gonna make it!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/265/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy 3 day stall

Drank this weekend. Causes stalls right? Least I'm not gaining.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 08:46

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

It's not really a stall but your body will use the alcohol before it starts using fat again. It will be fine before you know it.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 08:51

Stats: 262/258/175 Female 5ft 8in
BF:
Progress:

take it easy on your self one doesn't gain weight all that easy nor find a new life style in a week or two. I know that from where I am I just feel better not having all the junk in my life. I still keep praying that cheesies will become a low carb food group!! Hugs to you on your road to glory!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 08:54
I'm gonna make it!

BF:

Thanks to both of you. Think I'm having a bigger crisis than my diet. Major crush on hubbys best friend. Doesn't help any.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 12:56

Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Gulp, that's got potential for disaster!
Got a bit 'distracted' from my DH once, only in my head, but that's where it starts.
Made myself do a daily list of his good points, actively banned myself from thinking about anyone else and also made myself be extra loving to my DH.
It worked - I was once told that love is a verb not a noun - ie it starts with what you do, not what you feel, the feelings follow.
Well they did with me anyway and I'm very happy with my darling DH. Sure there are better looking and more 'charming' men out there - but he's got qualities they'll never have.

Hope you find a happy way through - take care, Jay
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 20:11
Registered Member

Stats: 323/293/200 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Also, you should think about getting away from the scale. You should be weighing yourself only once a week. Any more can be destructive and you start becoming a slave to the scale.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 07:43
Registered Member

Stats: 186/186/130 Female 5"7"
BF:

Good advice about only weighing in once a week. I used to weigh everyday sometimes a couple of times a day and it can really be more frustrating than anything. Keep up the good work and try and forget about his best friend...that can not be a good thing.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 12:10
I'm gonna make it!

BF:

The best friend and I talked. WE ARE just friends. Nothing will come of it. I love my hubby. And as for the scale, once a week, I'll try.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 13:19

Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20

Well done Jo!
As for the scale - I do jump on mine every day but I've resolved that its not going to control my mood for the day - I choose that, whatever the scale says. Depends how you are - some folk can stay away from the scale for a week, some like me, need it every day. The big thing is not to get hung up about tiny weight fluctuations - they happen for all sorts of reasons. Do the right things and the weight will come off, slowly but surely.
All the best, Jay
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 13:23

Stats: 150/139/120 Female 5 ft. 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 37%

Does anyone know how long it would take for your body to actually burn the alchohol and get onto burning the fat?? Just wondering..we tailgate every weekend and it's really hard not to drink, when everyone else around you is! Talk about peer pressure!!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 14:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/183/170 Male 5'8
BF:

Well this is just my 2 cents but...I have several beers every weekend. I have switched from Coors lite to Mich ultra (begrudgingly) and i haven't noticed a "slow down" in my weight loss. I even drank a few during induction because of a reunion (but i didn't eat poorly) and then got right back into induction. I have been on the A. diet for 7 weeks and I have gone from 200 lbs to 185 and lost 3 inches. I don't worry about the beer and if I did drink liquor that wouldn't worry me any either. Just don't get looped and go for the tortillas and beans!

I am not a carb counter. I just watch what I eat and I know what has and what doesn't have carbs and stick to that. In fact, I may still be in the induction phase as I don't hardly eat that many foods with carbs. I would be suprised if I eat over 30 grms per day on average.

Moral to the story, have fun and be safe. don't let the alchohol worry you.

parrot
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 14:27
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I didn't drink during induction, but we have freinds in a band and go see them almost every weekend. Ya know, moral support and all. I switched to Mich ultra and count them with my daily carbs (2.6 per 12 oz bottle) Track them and if you do notice a stall, you may have to give it up till you get where you want to be.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 21:46

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Quote:
The best friend and I talked. WE ARE just friends.

Well I hope so, cause I got to tell you, last night I just heard about yet another so called best friend taking off with his wife/ husband, I now need to use both hands to count how many times that has happened with people we know

Kathy
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 07:41
I'm gonna make it!

BF:

Thanks for all the talk. Friend and I talked it over it would be sooo hurtful to everyone involved if we hooked up. By the way Vodka and Diet Rite Straw/Kwi is good together.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 06:30
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I would just like to say that a three day stall is really nothing. You won't lose weight everyday, not even every week. You are setting yourself up to high if you think so. Just keep plotting along and try not to pay to much attention to the daily numbers on the scale. Even worst there are days when you go up a pound or more! This too in normal. Now if you want to complain about a stall, I am finally coming of a 2 month stall! I would gladly take a three day one over that!