Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 14:50

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%
Unhappy I have the munchies!! HELP!!

I don't know what's going on!! I have the munchies big time.. My TOm is due late next week so if this is PMs I'm in big trouble cause I don't think I can do 10 days of PMS!!!

I had a big lunch 1 1/2 hours ago and I've been drinking water. But I have the munchies constantly! I had breakfast this morning at 7 am a SF powerbar by 9 am!! Good thing I had a meeting from 10:30 to 11:30 or I would have found something else to eat!

I just want to go and buy a box of Atkins PB cups & eat them and then eat pork rinds & nut & SF ice cream & so on & so on!!

This is so frustrating!

Last edited by 2Airedales : Tue, Sep-30-03 at 14:56.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/167/135 Female 5'4"
BF:more than I need!
Progress: 36%

*cry* I know just how you feel. I NEVER used to be hungry. I ate once a day. (Actually eating breakfast has been the hardest thing for me with this WOE so far)

TOM is due any day now.. and all I want to do is eat. *laugh* I dont care what ... doesnt have to be sweet... just anything! grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 14:56

Stats: 167/158/147 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I'm not sure, but isn't that a sign that you are eating some hidden carbs? Again, I don't know, but you may want to look at everything you ate and find out if that could be the problem??!?!

Heidi
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 14:57

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well, go ahead and eat some of that stuff... a little bit wont hurt you. One thing I heard someone recommend once though... if you have a real sweet tooth, and need to eat something sweet, and are worried you might go overboard, then just get one treat (IE: one type of treat). So like, go out and buy atkins PB cups, but dont get pork rinds, ice cream, ect. Otherwise you'll eat LOTS of everything, instead of just LOTS of one thing
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 15:18

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

When my munchies are ON, I make an extra trip to the supermarket and buy all the low-carb snakes to have them ready to eat, cream cheese, grilled chicken, pork rinds, strawberries, macadamia nuts, my favorite cheese, whipped cream, etc and when I want to eat, I just eat (regardless if I´m hungry or not).
Soon the munchies wiil go away and you could get back in control.
Isiar
Soon
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 16:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Modified (TKD)
Stats: 263/245/210 Male 75 inches
BF:31%/25%/10%
Progress: 34%

Every once in a while I get bad munchies. I keep some lunch meat (nitrate free) in the fridge, and roll up a slice with some mustard. All fat and protein and it does satisfy. At work I keep a couple LC bars (Atkin's Advantage etc) and if I have munchies/sweet tooth, I break one in half and eat that. I find that just that hint of sweetness tends to quell my cravings quickly.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 18:07

Stats: 213/201/170 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Eat something with a lot of fat. It will help curb the munchies. I also do lunchmeat roll-ups with mayo in the middle. Or if I really need a crunchy snack, I'll nuke a plate of pork rinds (BBQ or Hot & Spicy) with shredded cheese all over them. Pork Rind Nacho's! Yum...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 18:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

mmm - I know this is going to sound kind of gross, but eat a tbsp of Olive Oil. I find in the evenings if I am kind of bored (major trigger of mine), & get the munchies - 1 spoonful of olive oil & those munchies are gone - probably b/c straight oil is not very tasty Not a viable option at work though, so I would also suggest keeping plenty of water on hand to sip at through the day.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 21:31
Registered Member

Stats: 323/293/200 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I emphasize how you feel. I sometimes get the munchies and I find it useful not to hold back, because in the end, that makes me more hungry. One of the first rules that I learned is that if you are hungry, then eat.

I also sometimes find my a little hungry about an hour after lunch. That is a good time for a LC bar.

I also use the 15 minute rule, that is I try to eat something and then wait 15-20 minutes to see if I am still hungry. It takes that long for your brain to register that you are full.

Good luck.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:13

Ok

I curbed those munchies with pork rinds, peanut butter (I know baaaaad) & SF jelly. I ate them like little crackers, DH joined in and really liked it.

Thanks guys I'l l try up my fat intake when I get hungry.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:22

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...t=whoosh+hungry

I remember several threads about being extremely hungry right before a whoosh. I hope you get one. I have never had one. I think you are supposed to go with it. In this link I am posting one of them says its you body trying to hold onto the fat.or something like that. I just put whoosh and hungry into the search and came up with a lot of threads.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:54

Would be nice if you are right Cindy!

I'm scared to step on the scale.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:56

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I have been eating like crazy today, I have had 2 pb &js, a pizza on a tortilla with spinach andpepperoni,stir frywith a little chicken, egg salad withbacon and bread this morning. a piece of my sons candy on the way home from the store,some kind of marshmallow thingees ,they just looked so good. I hope I get a whoosh too. My tom is due Sunday. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited by cincin11 : Wed, Oct-01-03 at 16:01.