Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 06:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%
Unhappy Got Kicked In The Head

Hi everyone
Yeasterday was not a great day. I was at the doctors to have my knee looked at(a lot of pain) Still not sure what it is until more blood work done. But had a chance to weigh in there. I looked 2,3 ,4 times and wanted to cry!! The scale said I am 16 more puonds than my scale at home. I came home and had a good cry..but I did not eat and stayed on WOL. So that makes my start weight the heaviest I have ever been..sigh. I just have this sick feeling like being kicked in the head and stomach at the same time. On top of all this I have been in stall for 3 weeks all I can say is %§°&?*`.
I was so up and now feel like I am starting all over agin..sigh
It took me more 24 hrs. to change my stats..that was so hard and I could feel the tears in my eyes starting agin......
Sure could use some suport right now. Some suggestions
Pattie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 06:18

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Hang in there! You are doing terrific! What does it matter what your start weight was? You are losing and that is what counts.

When I went to the doctor last July, he said I weighed 216. When I went to the OB in December, he said I weight 231.5!!!! I did not gain 15.5 lbs. in five months or I think I would have noticed it. I think the first doctor's scale was off. That could be the case here...it may not be your scale that is off, but rather the doctors. But anyway...it really doesn't matter because look how well you are doing!!!

It will come off. Sometimes it will go slowly, but it will happen. Cheer up, girl...you are losing!!!!

L
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 06:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

Why change your stats??????? Go by the scale that you weigh on every week. Scales are all differant. Who cares what one says!!!! Go by the home scale and enjoy watching all the lbs shed away. I refuse to get on my doctors scale. I dont like it
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 06:21

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 270/256/175 Female 5.5
BF:Afraid to Know
Progress: 15%
Smile

((((((HUGS)))))
oh Pattie, i can only imagine what u are feeling right now. just remember that u are on the path to a healthier lifestyle and have done so well so far. you are being so strong right now sticking to this WOE, please don't make this break u down......
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 07:31

Stats: 249/229/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi pattie,

i agree, i'd go with your own scale. Pounds lost are still pounds lost and you should be proud of your accomplishments. i do understand you are disappointed. i would be too. Try to keep your eye on the goal, a healthier, leaner you. It's really great that you stayed on track, even with your disappointment. Please take care.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 07:41

Plan: adkins
Stats: 157.5/133.0/135 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 109%

I know that my scale is 2lbs less then the dr's
scale, but I use the numbers on my scale anyway.
To check, maybe go to the store, like walmart,
and take a scale down to test?

sandy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 08:28
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

When you went to the doctors you probably had a full stomach, had been drinking water through out the day, and were partially or fully dressed. It is silly to think it would be the same as naked at home first thing in morning

It is depressing though when you are proud of weight loss and want to show it off, and the bleepin scale people see reads higher then the one at home only you see. That is one reason to not pay as mucha ttention to the scale as to measurments. No one sees that number on the scale, but everyone sees what size jeans you can wear
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 08:34

Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

I'm with Ian. Who cares what the actual number is? It's the CHANGE in the number that matters. I've always thought the real mark of achievement is the percentage figure over there on the left. You're more than a third of the way there!

&#$!! that doc's scale - go with yours. You can't look down every morning and add 16 to the figure you see! That would be hideous!

(and about your stall, yeah it sucks, but I've been going up every day this week for no apparent reason, and that is waaaayyy worse. Of course, I haven't changed my stats here - only new lows count!)
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 10:03

Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Hang in there Pattie

I agree with Ian....go with your home scale. Or throw out the scales entirely and go with a tape measure. You are doing terrific no matter what the scales say
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 10:11
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

I know how you feel! Those doctor scales suck! I went out and bought a new scale after my old scale was so far off. I took 5 pounds from my weight loss - pooh! I did take into account though, my clothes, shoes, and time of day. I recreated it when I got home, and noticed only the 5 pound difference, not the 9 pounds the doctors scale said. Go by what You weigh at home, naked, first thing in the morning (after...). What do you get? That's the number I would use, not some number you might see once a year! You are doing great!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 10:31

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Pattie! Wie geht es Ihnen?

It's great to see a post once again! Nat and I have missed you!

I second what everyone here says: Use your scale. I would suggest though that you use one more scale, maybe at a neighbors?? See what it says. Even if it's a couple pounds different than what your's says, then the dr's is wrong. Their office may need to have the calibration checked.

Pattie do not beat yourself up for heaven's sakes. You've done so well living in a country that doesn't know the meaning of LC'ing. I got the strangest looks over there. You remember that. Just keep it up and prepare yourself now for Oktoberfest!

Pattie I started a continuation of our Sept challenge, called Friendly October challenge. Come on over and take a peek. Think you'll find some great people there too. You've got a fan club here on your own thread, by the looks of things!

Hugs! Tcheuss! Annie
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 11:18

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

even if your scale and the Doc's say different things. . .you are still losing. . .NOT a loser. Be proud that it would have said a bigger number before Atkins. And it will say a lower number next time you go. You go! redawn
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 11:28
Contributing Member

Stats: 260/235/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Hang In There, Pattie

Use you own scale..pounds lost are pounds lost. I agree with Ian. You're on your way to a healther you. That's the most important thing. Regardless of what anyone says this journey occurs one step at a time. Each day you're one step closer to where you want to be.

I stalled a bit but went to the newest Atkin's book. Atkins has some suggestions on temporary shifts that can shock your metabolism which may have become too well adjusted to the low carb life style. I'm travelling and don't have the book with me...Can some other forum member find the section and let Pattie know where in the book she can find it?

Keep your eyes on the prize...kid
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 13:54

Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

HI ALL
Oh thank you so much for your support. I knewI could count on this forum to get me through a rough spot. If it wasn't for all of you I am sure I would have given up a long time ago. You are are all right should stick with one scale and not pay attention to what others say..we all they lie anyway..they can play some nasty jokes on us humans..grrrrrrrr
Thanks everyone !!

Pattie
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 14:42

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hang in there Pattie. I went to the doctors on Monday. I weighted myself in the morning at 333 - Then before I went to the doctors, I weighted myself and I was 339 (with my clothes, shoes, ect. on). Then, at the doctors, I weighed in at 347! A total of 8lbs more. I was shocked also! But don't let the silly numbers get you down. It doesn't matter how much you weigh, it matters that you are loosing and how you feel! The way I think of it is, sure, my doctors scale says i'm 8lbs heavier, but that also means that I was 8lbs heavier than what I started at! So I was probably around 375lbs! Just think of all you've accomplished so far and stick with atkins. Soon you will win the battle of the scales