Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 08:11

Plan:
Stats: 190/190/145-150
BF:
Progress:

sorry folks...but i am filled with questions today...hope you don't mind.....i know what dr. atkins suggest for constipation but it was too technical.....what do i do about it...i don't feel sick or anything but its not healthy do be constipated especially when trying to lose weight!!!!!!

thanks (embarassed
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 08:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%
Question

Are you eating enough vegetables?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 08:31
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile fiber

hi Brooke,

Fiber is your best friend. Make sure the veggies you eat are as high in fiber as possible, so that salads are made of dark green lettuces like romaine and endive, rather than the pale iceberg stuff, which is mostly water, and lots of spinach too. Broccoli, peppers, asparagus and cabbage are good choices also.

Drinking lots of water and other carb-free liquids is a must (note that coffee is not carb-free - 0.8 carbs in a small 6 fl.oz. cup -- and many diet sodas have citric acid which can cause stalls in some folks). The general recommendation is a minimum of 64 oz. per day.

I just posted all about adding fiber in another thread, click here to read it ..

hope this helps,

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 09:20

Stats: 169/147/107
BF:
Progress:
Default Fibre Muffins

I've been having the same problem ... and I was beginning to think that I might have to give this woe up because I just could not start another morning staring into that glass of orange Metamucil! So I tried checking out some other alternatives, and did a search at the Atkins' Friends site. I found this Flaxseed Muffin recipe which many of the folks over there swear by. Made the muffins yesterday and they are pretty good. Next time I think I will try some of the variations like adding peanut butter, etc. You might want to check it out:

http://www.atkinsfriends.com/recipes/stuff/flax.shtml
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 16:47

Plan:
Stats: 190/190/145-150
BF:
Progress:
Default thank u! thank u!

Ok...to answer a couple of questions...no ...not eating enough vegatables at all! Normally I am, but my baby went away for this week since its spring break and since she's not here, i'm not doing my normal cooking, which includes a vegatable a day for her at dinner...sooooo......I will be sure to gobble down some broccoli today!!! my poor body!

thank you for the flaxseed idea......all these products are new to me and I have to figure out where to by them...i am going to read your suggested web site LCSue and hopefully that will help.....no! I don't want to take metamucil!!!!!

thanks Doreen...I need to drink more water....I don't know what I was thinking...I've been drinking 50 oz. a day from my water bottle and thinking that was enough!!!!!

thanks all for setting me back on the right path! your wonderful!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0041.jpg (21.0 KB, 35 views)
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 18:52

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

i drink about 4 litres of water daily and that really helps me. the first time i did atkins i only had about 2 litres daily and i had a problem like that. this time i'm doubling my water intake and i have no problems with it.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 19:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Brook,

Wonderfull pic! If you want it to be posted along with your posts (like some are doing) you'll find the option by following these steps: click on "profile" button/icon on top, then click "Edit Options" menu. At the bottom, you'll see a "Change Avatar" button, click that and it will take you to the picture upload page. Note they are called avatars, so when it says upload avatar, it means picture.

Wa'il

#8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 08:47

Stats: 169/147/107
BF:
Progress:
Default Flaxseed Muffin Update

These muffins really are dynamite ... literally and figuratively. In fact, even though they are little guys, I wouldn't recommend having more than one a day until you see how they affect you.

For anyone having problems with constipation, you should try them! The banana-walnut flavour is quite pleasant for breakfast, especially topped with 'real' butter.