Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:06
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%
Unhappy Help! I'm losing my butt!

Is there a certain area where you seem to lose first?
I haven't lost any pounds in awhile, so I did the smart thing and took measurements. I am happy to say I lost 1 and a half inches, but NOT where I want it! I am losing my butt! I need this fat to leave my arms! I have big arms, but almost no backside left. It's kinda funny looking. Hopefully, the upper half will catch up! LOL!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:09
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Dear,

you can't control it, you can't tell how it will go and neither can I! What you can do is ..........be glad that fat IS vanishing. LOL Some places give it up late, but they do.........

Good luck!

Alina
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/196/155 Female 5ft, 8in
BF:
Progress: 20%
Angry

I have the same problem!!! I'm losing my butt, but still have the spare tire around my waist!!!?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:34

Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%

...and I thought I was the only one! lol....my bum is kinda "flat" to begin with, but also I'm losing in that area (and yes my stomach flab, upper and lower does not seem to want to part company!)

Even dh noticed, the other day was wearing a pair of smaller size pants, and he said why is the back hanging like that? I put my hand back there and found lots of "empty material".....very funny. He said I looked like I was wearing baggy sweat pants (they were dress pants)......so I try to wear blazers and such to cover up the bum area. Not ready to invest yet and buy all new clothes!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufie : Wed, Sep-24-03 at 10:35.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 11:02

Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

WOW, I Really thought I was the only one!!!! I have always had wide hips and a "puffy" butt (thanks to my Hispanic genes!!) but now it is deflated and my stomach above my belly button is also down, leaving me with no waist, and a flab under the belly button?????
I just do not know what is going on with my body, I even caught myself talking to my stomach, trying to coax and encourage it into shrinking.........hasn't worked, but the cat thinks I'm crazy

cheers,
Judi
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 11:06
Registered Member

Stats: 185/151.2/135 Female 67 inches
BF:36%/17%/12%
Progress: 68%

Toning Exercises could help with this. Try some weightbearing exercises to add muscle to the glutes, and then some work on arms...

For tummy --- pilates is awesome. I saw a difference in tone in after doing Denise Austin's Pilates in 1 DAY!